Girls, Girls, Girls! Fix the Diva's Division, Please!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I loved women's wrestling when I was a girl. It was great to see women, both beautiful and.. um... beautiful on the inside *ahem*, kicking some serious ass. As the only girl with three brothers and a terribly sexist prick of a father it was nice to have women to look up to in my favorite sport.

I know there was still a lot of sexism in it but the women actually had talent and there were a variety of ladies look up to, not just these plastic dolls with cookie cutter personalities that we have now.

This Diva's division is embarrassing and insulting from the name, to the talent, to their joke of a reality show. If I had a daughter I would be embarrassed that this is what she had to look up to. It's like watching Barbie: Life in the Dream House only with a couple "fights" thrown in.

There is something really sad about the fact that WWE obviously wants to have really hot girls that their male viewers will enjoy watching yet more often than not I notice they consider their matches as piss breaks even more than I do.

It's my understanding that there is some good talent in NXT. The Diva's roster is practically non-existent so why not move these girls up and then start looking for a few more diverse ladies to really fill it out over time and build up a REAL Women's Division. Bring Awesome Kong back, or others like her who know what they are doing and care about something other than flashing their crotch at the camera as they take five minutes to bend over and get through the ropes.

As I've been out of the loop for a while and may not have all of my facts straight I would appreciate some opinions on how you guys feel about this.

Reactions: Butters!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
IMO it's hard to fix the diva's division, one because not a lot of fans give a shit about that division to begin with and the company itself knows that they could make money even without them.. I would like to imagine that when Charlotte in the NXT gets called up to the big leagues things will start looking up again.

I agree with the 'E needing to bring someone in like Kharma/Kong but I just don't think they're going to, the last one closest to that they had was Tamina Snuka and that worked for awhile but then you just kinda got tired of seeing her on TV.

AJ, Paige & Charlotte will be nice for the Diva's Division once they're all three in the picture together, Bella twins are way over exposed which aesthetically is nice but they rarely put on entertaining matches.

If you're craving Divas action I would totally just watch NXT they have some awesome lady matches there.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I agree completely. I don't understand the point in pointing on ring gear and only being out there for a matter of two minutes (And that's including their entrance time.). Since AJ has been on the sidelines it's almost as if they have lost their golden ticket. so now they will just throw the title whoever they feel is more popular. So they hand it over to Nikki Bella, Drop the Bella storyline, bury Paige and continue this Total Divas shit that is only numbing the brains of those who watch it. (Seriously, I can't sit through any of the episodes anymore... )

It's sort of turning into a reality TV freakshow when it comes to the females of WWE, which is partly the reason why i don't want any of the NXT women to move. The last thing we need is a mess up with those women like they messed up with Emma and Paige.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
The division is so far past being a joke by now. At this point I'd rather they just drop the division altogether and those of us who appreciate female wrestling seek it out elsewhere (Shimmer, AIW etc.) I can't take a division seriously when the champ is not even that good in ring.
Can these women who have no passion in being a wrestler (as an actual career) not get other jobs out of ring and let the talented ladies shine? That's half of the problem.

Also, It seems to be a vicious cycle where the product is utter garbage, so people don't care- then the WWE think they don't have to improve it since nobody cares.

Reactions: Green Jesus

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Its lad's fluff

Always has been, always will be

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about the main roster's divas division, b/c they've made a helluva good job for me to hate on it, but the NXT divas division is cool.

I feel sorry for Charlotte, Sasha, Becky and Bayley and all those talented divas down in NXT once they get called up to the main roster, they're just gonna be horribly booked and become irrelevant.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Women's wrestling doesn't make money. 9 out of 10 fans watching at home or live don't want to see it. I've said it before, women's wrestling logically shouldn't be a thing, really. There isn't much of a market for it. A very tiny niche market I suppose, but if you fall into that category check out one of the women's promotions that @Snowman assures me are so great.

I made a big thread a while back on why WWE should stop pretending to care about women's wrestling and go back to using them like they did in the 80s/early 90s and just have them around as GFs/Valets that can be used to advance a storyline, can't find it now doe.

Let's be real, someone like Miss Elizabeth being involved in a Hogan/Macho feud brought more eyes to WWF than any females actually wrestling ever did.

edit: found it! https://wweforums.net/threads/at-th...this-is-how-you-use-women-in-wrestling.21697/

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Women's wrestling doesn't make money. 9 out of 10 fans watching at home or live don't want to see it. I've said it before, women's wrestling logically shouldn't be a thing, really. There isn't much of a market for it. A very tiny niche market I suppose, but if you fall into that category check out one of the women's promotions that @Snowman assures me are so great.

I made a big thread a while back on why WWE should stop pretending to care about women's wrestling and go back to using them like they did in the 80s/early 90s and just have them around as GFs/Valets that can be used to advance a storyline, can't find it now doe.

Let's be real, someone like Miss Elizabeth being involved in a Hogan/Macho feud brought more eyes to WWF than any females actually wrestling ever did.

edit: found it! https://wweforums.net/threads/at-th...this-is-how-you-use-women-in-wrestling.21697/

meh no real need to bother with them

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'd love to see a serious women's division, but the general audience just doesn't seem to much care for it, and they've been fed with the idea of the division meaning so little for so long that it'd be incredibly difficult to break that perception now.

I agree that women should just be used as valets, ring announcers, backstage interviewers and such. Total Divas proves that the company doesn't think their biggest usage is in the ring anyway, and even TD is costing the company money from what I hear. Keep the ring gear in the closet unless they work the occasional cat fight or mixed tag match or such.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Man I missed the days of sex in the bed or women stripping down and barking like a dog. Good times, good time.

Reactions: Tgmiveld

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
WWE hasn't bothered to give the audience a reason to invest.
However, it doesn't help when the Kelly Kelly's and Eve Torres' of the world keep leaving to become mom's or wives.
The 2002-2005 era worked, in part, because those 'divas' put off retirement for as long as they could. They were dependable and did exactly as they were told.
These days, it's all about presentation and stupid poses. Why listen to guys like Finlay backstage when all you want is to be seen as 'hawt'.

Vince won't bother finding 'lifers' anymore because they all retire at 27 anyway to do something else. Why invest? Most of them have the attention span of a walnut, so why not milk their youth and let them become mommy.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
tumblr_nkbgnm5LCf1qioqpfo1_500.png

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
If you loved women's wrestling you would support Shimmer/Joshi promotions instead of putting false hope into something which is at the very bottom and always will of wwe agenda. wwe is a promotion mainly for men performers and fans, women's wrestling is a niche market that has always been used as filler/perv intentions in major mens promotions. You make out that we used to get 5 star Manami Toyota classics which never happened.

Also you say you do not want sexism in the womens area of wrestling let you have a avatar a 15 year old schoolboy would have, are you really a female?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It'd be interesting if they did a main roster divas division that was actually good to watch, as NXT's. I'm not sure whether it'll draw or not, but I for one would enjoy watching and it's not like they'd be taking time away from a marvelous midcard or anything like that.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Thing is: There's a market for it - it's debatable how small it is - and WWE has 3 hours to kill. If you don't care about womens' wrestling and never will? Fine, as long as it's not a detriment to your enjoyment of the show like it currently is.

I'm with Majour with the quickest fix: Kill the division... at least temporarily. Keep some girls around as valets if you want, but just rip the womens' matches off TV after Wrestlemania. The fans will remember whenever they're sitting through the undercard garbage of the show, and during the doldrums of the summertime, the discussion will constantly come up (hell, it is now). "Remember when the Divas were here instead of Adam Rose vs Fandango? We may not have cared but... Ya know, they are awesome on NXT and half-naked women, that's better than this!"

Eventually bring it back with SERIOUS vignettes. Good WWE video packages, with an emphasis on competition. Push the quality talent with serious storylines with enough time to at least make an attempt to make the fans feel like there's something actually worth watching going on in the ring (Seriously, why would you treat ANYTHING on your own show like it isn't worth watching?). No more "chick" storylines, treat them like regular people. Emphasize some of the stuff you can do with women and not with men - see Bayley and Sasha. Give Cameron, Eva Marie, and Rosa their walking papers.

The problem is, from there, we venture into the "yeah it's not like the guys don't have these problems too lol" section.

• Haha
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler