Ghostbusters 3

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Hell yes! Anyone excited for this? Was researching it and found these little tid bits.

During a press junket for Avatar (2009), Sigourney Weaver let slip that Bill Murray's character Peter Venkman would feature in the movie as a ghost and that Oscar Barrett (the son of her character) would have grown up to have become a Ghost Buster himself.

So we are to assume that Murrays' character bites the big one at some point? WHY!? All the fans who want to see this movie aren't going to be watching it to see it whored out and the scene set for a new generation of Busters.

New York Magazine is reporting that the sequel may be in jeopardy thanks to Columbia Pictures' parent company Sony. Word is surfacing that the studio is looking to add some fresh blood to the mix by replacing Reitman with an up-and-coming director who would give the project a fresh spin....not to mention be more than willing to spin the film into an on-going franchise undoubtedy starring a new class of 'busters.

Complicating matters is an ironclad contract that was created for Reitman back in 1984 ensuring creative control over any future Ghostbusters project...including director approval. Also, as creators of the original concept for the films, Murray, Aykroyd and Ramis all have veto power and can kill the project altogether if any one of them is unhappy with its direction.

FYI, the 'new blood director' is rumored to be Ruben Fleischer, who directed Zombieland.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it Sony, you dumb asses. If no future problems arise, the movie is due for a 2011 release. And is rumored to possibly be in 3D.

J

After Zombieland I been itchin for a new Bill Murray movie, didn't expect this though, oh well he proved in Zombieland he's still as funny as ever.

Nation

Murray needs to be the lead actor, period. Without him this movie will be an epic fail.

Reaction score
What's old is new again. It seems that the 80's revival for movie series continues. I think it's great. This was another movie that was very popular when I was a kid. Always a classic!

jobber2001

Reaction score
I love the ghostbusters, i hope they will do a 4th, 5th, 6th and many more of them:)

Reaction score
Bill Murray is old. (looks like he's about to die, you guys)
Ernie Hudson probably won't come back
Harold Ramis is old (and OBESE. I'm talking Kamala the Ugandan Giant OBESE)
Dan Akroyd ^see above description.

Why make another one when we know it'll be anything but a true GhostBusters movie?