Generation Me

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
What does everyone think of these guys? I hate them, but i can't get over how good they are in the ring, compared to how young they are. They are basically the hardy boys 2.0 for me, but in terms of talent, they might even be better than the Hardys on their best day. I didn't really start respecting them until i saw them live. They had a great match with Steenerico, and they tore the house down with the Kings of Wrestling. Who knows if their Indy sucess will translate to TNA though.

So what do you think? Love them? Hate them? They have a tag title match at Bound for Glory, in an Ultimate X match, so that should be incredible. Glad they are getting a chance to really prove themselves.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I really like their ring work like you said, but for some reason when i see them something in me just goes.. i don't like them. i really honestly can't find the reason why but i don't. They impress me in the ring and i think they along with the guns are going to be the next era in tag wrestling. Im sure their match is gonna be great but i don't see them winning after TNA had the guns go through all that (best of 5 series) for a short title reign.

Reaction score
I really like them. I think they are talented guys who haven't really been given an opportunity show their full wrestling skills yet. I've seen several of their indy matches and they're far superior than the ones you see them stage every week. Recently, With the exception of their match at the PPV, they have been involved in tag matches on Xplosion against Orlando Jordan & Eric Young. Their title shot at BFG now seems completely fake as it appears they are second best to London Brawling.

Reaction score
^ I was talking in terms of challenging MCMG. It appears that Bucks were only added to a PPV because someone else couldn't make it which is wrong. I don't really like their heel turn - Maybe they will sway me over to loving them but I dislike their gimmick at the current point.

As for their wrestling, I truly think they are second to MCMG but they're still pretty awesome.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Oh, understood. And im not sure on 2nd to MCMG in wrestling, Beer Money is pretty damn good and they proved it in the best of 5 series, those were some awesome matches.

Reaction score
^ Yeah.

But, in terms of talent, I think the bucks are better than Beer Money. To be great, it doesn't matter about your opponents or whether you're heel/face, but it depends on the matches you produce. Beer Money are really good in the ring but they suck at being faces. Bucks seem to be alright as heels & I dislike them as faces since they show no charisma.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I think both teams are lacking some things the other don't have. Beer Money is great as heel and GME isn't really to good at either since they haven't really established personalities in TNA yet. GME is more edgy and highflying but Beer Money are brawlers, like a young Dudleyz or Nasty Boys. Beer Money are good at playing dirty, hot tags, knocking out refs, using beer bottles, low blows, etc. and GME really just fights clean.

Axis

Reaction score
They can do MOVES~! Not much else.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Your kidding right? They can do alot more than just "moves". If just being able to do "moves" makes you a wrestler, every 10 year old boy sitting at home pretending to do Wrestling moves is a wrestler.

Montana

Reaction score
In terms of tag pyschology, Hot tags, working the crowd, double team moves, they are a complete tag team. Yes, they do flips, and a lot of high flying moves, however i wouldn't consider them spot monkeys.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I like GM. I've seen some of their work from PWG and it was pretty enjoyable. As long as they have the right teams to work with, they'll be able to impress a majority of the fans. What got them noticed was their work with Jay and Mark Briscoe during the short stay in ROH. Jay and Mark to me are the best team in the World, but until they make the leap to a bigger promotion so they can showcase it, won't get a lot of consideration from a majority of the fans. Generation Me/The Young Bucks had a pretty good feud with Los Luchas (Phoenix Star and Zokre). Good matches that a good portion have never seen. All in all, they still are a little rough around the edges, but that will become refined the more they wrestle. Time will tell, but it seems like ever since they had their short run with The Briscoes, they've had a solid buzz about them

Airfixx

Reaction score
Still a work in progress.

Take a look at the kicks and punches delivered to Sabin & Shelly in the after match beatdown @ No Surrender... Absolutely tragic.