• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General NXT Discussion Thread

Chris

Dreams are Endless
The Rock's daughter is the latest WWE talent to undergo a name change.

Ava Raine will now be known simply as "Ava" going forward, according to the NXT star's WWE.com profile page.

Raine appeared on this week's NXT program during the Thea Hail vs. Tiffany Stratton bout, and was referred to only as "Ava" on commentary. All references to the Raine name have been dropped from her WWE.com biography.

Ava, real name Simone Johnson, made her NXT debut on a live event in July 2022, cutting an in-ring promo at the house show. Her television debut as the mouthpiece for The Schism faction came during the October 25, 2022 episode of NXT.

WWE announced in February 2020 that Johnson, now 21 years old, had begun her training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

The Rock commented on his daughter's Ava Raine ring name and on her debut in a Jimmy Kimmel live appearance in July 2022.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
For once, I don't mind that, it sounds a little more mysterious, and it fits the gimmick.

Y2Jayne

In loving memory
3e552378a0a861537bc05104e2ecac5f13f73aa7.gif

Dale

Super Moderator
Dave Meltzer noted on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio that Grimes is still scheduled to be called up to the main roster as he is finished in NXT. However, Grimes is waiting for WWE creative to come up with a storyline for him on the main roster.

Until that happens, Grimes will remain on the sidelines and off television.​
Try doing some vignettes for once instead of expecting people to give a shit about every NXT alumni straight off the bat

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Just team him with the Good Brothers again since AJ is out. The angle is easy, he has money so the Good Brothers are his friends, fits their MO easy

Cwalker

Just team him with the Good Brothers again since AJ is out. The angle is easy, he has money so the Good Brothers are his friends, fits their MO easy
Only downside to this is more Gallows and Anderson.

Honestly depends on what they want to do with him. Do they change his gimmick? Cause isn’t Corbin still considered “the rich guy” on the roster? Do they want to have two of those?

Chris

Dreams are Endless

Honestly depends on what they want to do with him. Do they change his gimmick? Cause isn’t Corbin still considered “the rich guy” on the roster? Do they want to have two of those?

I could see them feuding and he makes Corbin broke again lol but yeah I'm not sure if the rich gimmick will translate as well at this point, especially if they wanna debut him face bc he had a whole character Arc to sell how he'd changed

Cwalker

I could see them feuding and he makes Corbin broke again lol but yeah I'm not sure if the rich gimmick will translate as well at this point, especially if they wanna debut him face bc he had a whole character Arc to sell how he'd changed
I’m all for more broke Corbin. Really feel like they missed the boat on a sympathetic babyface.

As far as Lee goes, like Dale said, film some vignettes to establish him

Order

Send HOOK
Feels like he is made for a night after Mania debut. Isn't he super rich? Maybe a tag team with Corbin is in the works and that's where this si going.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I apologize in advance for posting a Dave Meltzer.

Not sure if I buy it. Def some plausibility bc last week had them acknowledge the boos and work it into an angle but I could also see that just being them realizing the same crowd every week is probably still going to keep doing it so you can't ignore it. Plants would make me feel better about the crowd tho bc the Bron hecklers have been so fucking annoying lately:lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Not sure if I buy it. Def some plausibility bc last week had them acknowledge the boos and work it into an angle but I could also see that just being them realizing the same crowd every week is probably still going to keep doing it so you can't ignore it. Plants would make me feel better about the crowd tho bc the Bron hecklers have been so fucking annoying lately:lol
Yeah, like unless they are planning on a heel turn or something soon, I don’t see why this would even be a thing. So I’m pretty skeptical on it myself.

Dale

Super Moderator
WWE NXT Superstar Zoey Stark is set to receive another look on the main roster this weekend.

Stark is booked to work Saturday’s WWE Supershow live event at the State Farm Center in Champaign, IL, then Sunday’s Supershow live event at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Illinois.

Stark is scheduled to work Triple Threat title bouts with Sonya Deville and SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair.

It was noted by PWInsider that Stark has impressed WWE officials, and her working NXT live events this weekend is similar to Pretty Deadly working recent main roster shows. WWE wants to see how Stark works and performs on the road, and how she deals with the larger crowds.

There is no word on Stark being called up to the main roster any time soon, but this was described as Stark getting another look to see how she does. It was reported last year how WWE officials have been high up on Stark, especially WWE Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative Shawn Michaels.​

Y2Jayne

I was actually wondering yesterday where Grimes had been.

Zoey is a solid worker but she has the face of a 45 year old trailer park mom who smokes 2 packs a day, I'm not sure how successful she can be on the main roster. I expect another Yim or Lerae.

OC banter? Really? :francis