General Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Ehh, he looks alright; the botched stume turns me off a little bit (Rocket that is).

Drax probably looks the worse though; way too overly marked up.

Yeah you look at him in the movie compared to the comics and you can see they didn't do that good of a job with the makeup... way too much.
2f38c0d3e63f4d0bafd9c89b0cc24322.jpg
a5b7f159339ec521c68d033a60146613.png

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah you look at him in the movie compared to the comics and you can see they didn't do that good of a job with the makeup... way too much.
2f38c0d3e63f4d0bafd9c89b0cc24322.jpg
a5b7f159339ec521c68d033a60146613.png

If you look at it too they used the Shade of green Drax is supposed to be with Gamora and used something close to the shade Gamora was depicted as in the comics on Drax in the movies.

Not a HUGE deal but Costumes do sometimes make the movie that much better. Tis one of the only reasons Daredevil was any bit watchable the stume was just done so good.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
3ee76901d4e71df777b368e16eed9eb7.png

I'm not trying to bash the movie by any means; I think it will be a solid Marvel flick especially for being a lesser known subject in the universe but uhm.. Rocket is supposed to be able to have a home on Groot himself but the way they're doing Groot makes it oddly impossible for that to happen. and he was always substantially larger and not just like a really tall basketball player but more like 9-10 feet at the least.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
3ee76901d4e71df777b368e16eed9eb7.png

I'm not trying to bash the movie by any means; I think it will be a solid Marvel flick especially for being a lesser known subject in the universe but uhm.. Rocket is supposed to be able to have a home on Groot himself but the way they're doing Groot makes it oddly impossible for that to happen. and he was always substantially larger and not just like a really tall basketball player but more like 9-10 feet at the least.

Yeah.. when you look at the comparison here it does look messed up lol

a4e4a5a91857d3fd09d0164d50a38e92.jpg

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah.. when you look at the comparison here it does look messed up lol

a4e4a5a91857d3fd09d0164d50a38e92.jpg
those are the two outfits they need to be in in the movie; I think I saw a still where Rocket is wearing something close to that but idk if it was fan edited or not. I'm pretty sure this movie will be getting a sequel so maybe they will put on the outfits at the end of the movie or something.

Overall it should be really good I mean it has the actors in it to get it done; well aside from Batista but I'm not so sure his character is going to have many lines other than grunting so he should be alright.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
New trailer for GOTG. I saw this yesterday and immediately wanted to come here and post it, only to remember the site was down haha.

EDIT: I am really going to enjoy this movie if the soundtrack sticks to these older songs. Spirit in the Sky was the song my father chose for his funeral so its a little bitter sweet for me, but damn it fits so good in this trailer.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
New trailer for GOTG. I saw this yesterday and immediately wanted to come here and post it, only to remember the site was down haha.

You and me both!
Love the new trailer; get to hear Bradley Cooper for the first time and then get to hear the first of I think 4 or 5 "I am Groot!"s.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I only really follow Agents of SHIELD, I'm planning to watch more of the movies soon but this trailer is just awesome. I'm actually really excited for this film; they're really making fun of the fact that nobody really knows who they are, and the soundtrack is fantastic. I just don't quite like Batista/Drax's look - he scares the shit out of me. And Batista should not be scaring the shit out of anyone above the age of 10, unless he's breathing like he does after walking down the ramp.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wow crazy about Edgar Wright as he's wanted to make this movie for years, plus I swear he has been working on the film in some firm since 06.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I trust Marvel more than Edgar Wright when it comes to making these movies, the Daredevil dude behind the Netflix Cartoon that was in production left too I'm pretty sure.

They'll find a solid replacement, I think he was ticked about not being able to work with Simon Pegg and hasn't really done work with someone like Paul Rudd.

If it is over creative differences I'm thinking mainly not having Ant-Man earlier on during this whole thing has been set up is what did it. He's vital IMO, I'm glad they finally added him; better late than never.

Yes Edgar Wright is good at what he does but at the end they have to do what's best to transition the whole series along smoothly.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
As for revenue I doubt this will have as big of an effect as you may think; just look at Iron Man 3 for example.. People were initially upset at the transition between John Favreau at director to Shane Black and rightfully so seeing as Iron Man 3 IMO and as well as numerous people I have spoke to has been the worst Marvel movie story wise for this whole Phase 1 / Phase 2 / Phase 3 set up. Yet that didn't stop that horrid movie from banking shit loads of money at the box office and dvd/blu ray revenue.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Watched X-Men: DoFP and I must say that I did like it but I wasn't blown away by it. It was the best X-Men movie so far but really that's not saying much when all the other ones weren't incredibly impressive either.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Watched X-Men: DoFP and I must say that I did like it but I wasn't blown away by it. It was the best X-Men movie so far but really that's not saying much when all the other ones weren't incredibly impressive either.
X2 and First Class were really good, Wolverine was solid (The Kung fu one from 2013 :p)
That DoFP movie blew away X-Men marks mainly, they did just about everything right to make that storyline successful.
Quicksilver was portrayed so cool, I highly doubt his counterpart in Kickass Aaron Taylor Johnson will be portrayed that well in Avengers; they have too much to focus on as it is.
The end credits scene with En Sabah Nur was slick with the 4 horsemen :p