• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Chit-Chat Thread - No Spoilers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Crow Sting a great character but he really didn't have many good matches after that change, won't knock him whatsoever bc that was mostly the fuckery booking and who he was against

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Build to Starrcade '97 with him was top notch, WCW really shoulda killed WWE that night but they had to do the fuckery and from that point on I thought WWE programming was far superior even they were still competitive in the ratings

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
The problem with that version's ring skills is WCW in their brilliance didn't have Steve wrestle on houses or take tours in Japan or anything for 18 months! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Kross Rhodes

Stone Cold Steve Austin immediately got the push after Starrcade. That was also when Vince cut the attitude era promo on Raw. Everything changed there.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I love the Wolfpac but 98 was a big mess with the factions for WCW as well and then they tried the Warrior experiment :TI:

Kross Rhodes

Interestingly enough 1998 was still their most profitable year as was WWF's until 2000. Just shows you how how 1998 was.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Yeah I tend to think it was more a case of WCW killing itself rather than what WWF did. I mean even if WWF still over took them post Mania 14, WCW still could have stayed healthy, and probably will still be around today if they had not caved in.