General Chit-Chat Thread - No Spoilers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
going the opposite direction here anyway. arent any mandates, they've stopped or are stopping any kind of covid passports and from next month i believe it is, you wont even have to isolate if you're covid positive (tho it will of course be strongly encourages, but wont be required by law)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Poyser said:
yeah i think everybody should get vaccinated jeff, i just dont really think you should be forcing people to take it :draper2 they should be doing it for themselves, makes no difference to me whether or not you're vaccinated.
This is just for COVID specifically tho right? You're cool with the other vaccine mandates we've had for like polio and shit I assume or do you want that left up to the person too?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Poyser said:
yeah i think everybody should get vaccinated jeff, i just dont really think you should be forcing people to take it :draper2 they should be doing it for themselves, makes no difference to me whether or not you're vaccinated.
i get that to a degree. but it also doesnt work as well unless everyone does it. I think people should still get it so we dont have alpha or delta return as a dominant variant too. but i also understand the personal liberty aspect. but that stops when folks start comparing themselves to martyrs for not wanting it. if you choose to do something unpopular and imo, kind of dumb, you open yourself up to criticism. thats kind of how life works

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Those vaccines are different though, they physically prevent infection which obviously has a very strong effect on transmission (IE everybody having the vaccine = no disease). That cant possibly be argued with the covid vaccines

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cause like I care if someone is bringing back diseases we've already eradicated much more than not trusting a new vaccine so I'd get that more lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
not to mention, here at least, it was always strongly said all these rules were temporary

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Poyser said:
Those vaccines are different though, they physically prevent infection which obviously has a very strong effect on transmission (IE everybody having the vaccine = no disease). That cant possibly be argued with the covid vaccines
They aren't 100% effective either, it only works if most of the population gets them which most were forced to

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Poyser said:
well, sort of. they also took 150 years to perfect the polio one. and that was after many...wait for it...variants.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
But the covid one doesnt even stop infection at all lol, it stops you from getting symptoms and reduces your chance of illness. Doesnt stop you getting the virus and itself and spreading it. I dont really believe they're comparable. Also as said, not arguing you shouldnt get them or theyre unsafe, i just get a bit concerned when we're literally being forced to. especially when the astrazeneca one (which was being sold at cost price per dose for no profit) got phased out in favour of the moderna and pfizer, which are being sold for like 300% the price of the oxford one.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I would argue that the vaccine , this one specifically, stopped delta transmission to like 90%+ . it also cut deaths by a shit ton. just because the current variant isn't as deadly, doesn't mean people should be protecting themselves and others against it. were also ultimately always talking about a small percentage of folks who refuse to get it, so im always perplexed why we should bend a knee to those folks. i think its good to listen, but ultimately I personally will likely continue to do the "right and safe" thing, because imo its very small sacrifices at this point lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's been proven that it has 0 effect on transmission?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Poyser said:
But the covid one doesnt even stop infection at all lol, it stops you from getting symptoms and reduces your chance of illness. Doesnt stop you getting the virus and itself and spreading it. I dont really believe they're comparable. Also as said, not arguing you shouldnt get them or theyre unsafe, i just get a bit concerned when we're literally being forced to. especially when the astrazeneca one (which was being sold at cost price per dose for no profit) got phased out in favour of the moderna and pfizer, which are being sold for like 300% the price of the oxford one.
it literally did for alpha and delta dude...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Always thought it just made it less likely for you to get it but you still could

Status
Not open for further replies.