General Chit-Chat Thread - No Spoilers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
The Fourth Wall said:
Nightmare? Yeah, I honestly didn't mind it but it gets crazy hate. I liked some of the cast. It's best to not go in appreciating a fresh take. He's no Robert Englund but it's decent. He actually looks like a burn victim in the remake IMO.
Yeah, I hated it at first, after a while I liked it. Especially since they out right say what Freddy was while the others hid around it

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Keith said:
Had Shudder for awhile. I'd say their catalouge has improved a lot the last year or so. The originals are still very hit and miss, but the older stuff is pretty good
Pretty much. SOme of the originals are good and some are alright. Creepshow has been like that.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yeah, I hated it at first, after a while I liked it. Especially since they out right say what Freddy was while the others hid around it

I liked Rooney Mara and Kyle Gallner. Thought they played their parts well and actually looked like they needed a good night's sleep :lol

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The remake is pretty dark honestly. I kinda liked that about it. I love Robert Englund cracking jokes, but it was a fresh twist. I feel like people will appreciate it more over time.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Mean, I like Rob Zombie's Halloween so what do I really know about taste

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I happen to think the Friday the 13th remake is pretty good too. Most of the sequels are pretty bad and haven't aged well at all.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I feel like there is a lot of 'original is better' mindset out of the box and most people don't give remakes a fair shake. I agree they do overdo them, but a lot are pretty solid. For example I think Last House on the Left is better than the original.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
True and yeah it isn't as bad as some put it out to be

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not seen the Friday the 13th remake but it always gets talked of as one of the better remakes from the big franchises. Guess its easier because its not remaking a classic. The first original Friday is solid, but there's better to follow.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
And some of it too, is gatekeeping/elitism mindset as well so

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Keith said:
Not seen the Friday the 13th remake but it always gets talked of as one of the better remakes from the big franchises. Guess its easier because its not remaking a classic. The first original Friday is solid, but there's better to follow.
One of the best remakes for me would The Hills Have Eyes one that was done like early 2000s

Marty McFourth

Reaction score

Give it a chance. Jason is on top form and there is plenty of, uh, plot.

tumblr_o723gyfdeH1thej0ko1_500.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
One of the best remakes for me would The Hills Have Eyes one that was done like early 2000s

Yea, that's literally my favourite I think. That is a damn good movie, doesn't even feel like a remake. A lot say it might even be better, but they are both great.

Status
Not open for further replies.