• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General AEW Thread

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
I did some looking into possibly going to AEW next week in Cincinnati (I doubt I'll be able to, but I searched anyway), and saw this ticket listing on Ticketmaster. That's how few of seats they're offering. I went to Raw in January in the same arena and sat in section 212. The only sections that were blacked out for Raw were the 220s-230s and a chunk of 130 (I think). Now the tickets for seats in the 100s are about the same as I paid for my tickets for Raw in a higher section.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 215424.png

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Shit like this DG gimmick, neckbrace Roddy and even Butch are examples of why I think it's ridiculous how strongly people react to a new gimmick change.

"They're turning him into a joke" and then a month later they're the most over they've been in years, if not their whole careers, and many times it's the people who initially criticized the change who end up singing up their praises.

Butters

That's Me!
Shit like this DG gimmick, neckbrace Roddy and even Butch are examples of why I think it's ridiculous how strongly people react to a new gimmick change.

"They're turning him into a joke" and then a month later they're the most over they've been in years, if not their whole careers, and many times it's the people who initially criticized the change who end up singing up their praises.
I’m guilty of it. Thought Daniel Garcia dancing was killing him but boy was I wrong and thankfully so.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I’m guilty of it. Thought Daniel Garcia dancing was killing him but boy was I wrong and thankfully so.
To be fair I also thought switching Pete Dunne to Butch was gonna be terrible but it's totally fine. I loved classic Pete Dunne but there's nothing wrong with switching things up sometimes. Though, to also be fair, sometimes you have shit like Shorty G that appears like a bad idea, and then actually is a bad idea. But you can never know right away, I guess.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Roderick is absolutely killing it, I always said he was the best member of the Undisputed Era and I'm glad he's getting to show it.

He, Toni and Punk's departure are getting me interested in AEW again.

Last edited: