General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Straight guess work on Meltzer and he didn't even report it as a fact so I hate that shit reports it like he did :lol he literally just said "I guess they've passed on him" bc he hadn't debuted yet, he wasn't reporting that anyone told him they passed on buddy lol just guessed like we would on here

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Straight guess work on Meltzer and he didn't even report it as a fact so I hate that shit reports it like he did :lol he literally just said "I guess they've passed on him" bc he hadn't debuted yet, he wasn't reporting that anyone told him they passed on buddy lol just guessed like we would on here

I could see it being true but yeah it’s just him guessing here (main reason I didn’t even give this it’s own thread because guess work ain’t thread work!) but even tho last night I said Murphy was gonna debut… I said since the start this man was going to tear it up in Impact and I still strongly believe that

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Obviously I don't watch AEW so maybe there's something happened on there to tie it in, but what's the connection between Black and Murphy? Like I know they're buddies and wanna wrestle each other, but each time I see like a Murphy news thread, there's a whole bunch of people wanting him to go to AEW and be apart of Black's angle and it's always confused me as to why.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Obviously I don't watch AEW so maybe there's something happened on there to tie it in, but what's the connection between Black and Murphy? Like I know they're buddies and wanna wrestle each other, but each time I see like a Murphy news thread, there's a whole bunch of people wanting him to go to AEW and be apart of Black's angle and it's always confused me as to why.

Murphy is the one that actually did the damage to Black's eye during the Seth feud last year and Black incorpated the eye injury to his whole post-WWE character a lot and I believe has even made hints towards Murphy about it or something

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That makes sense, just never saw it mentioned and thought it was just them shoehorning him in with fantasy booking.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm always down to see how they develop these guys, as it will ultimately be pretty important for their company in the long term to be able to build folks from the bottom. Anthony Ogogo turned out really solid, and Jade is... promising, at least.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Man is 7'3 :DEAD:

Should be interesting as ec said

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Having someone billed at 7'5 is gonna be wild 8D

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Better be a better pro wrestler than he was a center.

Low bar, he was a bench warmer.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Going to a mall in 2021 :TI:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The AEW Executive Vice Presidents have reportedly lost some of the creative control that they once had when launching the company.

The AEW EVPs are Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks and AEW World Champion Kenny Omega. A new report from Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam notes that the group essentially had creative taken away by AEW President, CEO, General Manager & Head Of Creative Tony Khan.

It was noted that creative was “essentially completely taken away” from the EVPs as everything now comes through Khan. AEW talents are reportedly allowed and encouraged to pitch ideas or give suggestions, but “creative is absolutely Khan’s prerogative now.”

It was said that at one point Cody was the only EVP to regularly attend “office” meetings and was an “office” regular, but that role as well as his input with creative have greatly diminished. The report further noted that Matt Jackson’s role as EVP was to help his wife Dana with merchandise, while Nick Jackson is focused on handling Being The Elite. Omega is very hands-on with the AEW Games division, and “the gaming side of things,” while still helping to put together matches for the women’s division.

Omega, The Bucks and Rhodes were described as “EVPs in name only in 2021.” A source added that they no longer have the final say in the creative process, or in hiring talent as Khan “pulled back on the reigns and took that power away from all.”

Regarding Rhodes, a source stressed that he really doesn’t have much of a relationship with The Bucks or Omega these days. Omega and The Bucks remain good friends, but it was said that Cody is very much on the outside looking in.

Well that's good :WOW

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well that's good :WOW

Jericho pretty much said exactly this in an interview a couple months ago and Tony himself too so I def buy this. Jericho said it was way better too bc he's always said that's why he preferred WWE over other places bc there was one guy to talk to about shit (Vince)

I think the catalyst for this, based off Tony's own comments was that godawful Matt Hardy debut lmaooooo he all but said he thought it was trash but was too scared to tell them no about it at the time and said "it will never happen again" lmaooo

Reactions: Vegeta and Deezy