General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I think most of us even mega-marks have made plenty of comments on what they dislike/would like improved, still stuff I don't like to this day. Heck, if proposed in a constructive way, I'd even agree that Shida hasn't had many feuds at all, mostly matches. I still think shes been a good ace-type champ however and has done a fine job during the pandemic. Not to mention, Britt is going to be the biggest heat magnet in town when she cheeses a win for the title. The reign was far from perfect, but considering the other stuff she's done behind the scenes and pretty much having nothing but amazing matches, I aint really complaining too too much either

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'd add that all of the matches Shida has had defending the title have been among the best in the history of the division. Myself, I don't want the top champion of any division wrestling throwaway matches on television every week. She's basically wrestling a match per month on Dynamite and I've got no qualms with that. I don't need to see the same exact acts wrestling week in and week out on TV, because it gets to the point where they're just overexposed.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd add that all of the matches Shida has had defending the title have been among the best in the history of the division. Myself, I don't want the top champion of any division wrestling throwaway matches on television every week. She's basically wrestling a match per month on Dynamite and I've got no qualms with that. I don't need to see the same exact acts wrestling week in and week out on TV, because it gets to the point where they're just overexposed.

yeah she pretty much has elevated everyone shes had a fight with. Id also add that by not always being the main focus, its given positive exposure to Tay, Baker and Nyla.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
yeah she pretty much has elevated everyone shes had a fight with. Id also add that by not always being the main focus, its given positive exposure to Tay, Baker and Nyla.
As well as Rosa, Jade and Red Velvet, and Serena before she was injured, and now we even have Kris re-entering the fold. Criticisms of the women's division were perfectly valid over the last year and a half, and they still have some work to do to be on WWE's level (although let's be honest, this shit they doing on Raw lately... :francis ) but this is the strongest the women's division has ever been so I feel adding Tessa into the mix and possibly getting the title onto Britt who is hands down the most over woman on the roster could really knock it up to that next level.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
As well as Rosa, Jade and Red Velvet, and Serena before she was injured, and now we even have Kris re-entering the fold. Criticisms of the women's division were perfectly valid over the last year and a half, and they still have some work to do to be on WWE's level (although let's be honest, this shit they doing on Raw lately... :francis ) but this is the strongest the women's division has ever been so I feel adding Tessa into the mix and possibly getting the title onto Britt who is hands down the most over woman on the roster could really knock it up to that next level.

If the reports thats shes buried the hatchet with the people involved in the alleged drama, and she's willing to work, I see no reason not the bring her in. Put her on pay per appearance and let her earn it !

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah she comes with baggage no doubt but she wouldn't be the first wrestler to clean her act up. Her skillset is worth the gamble, as long as she's kept accountable. Plus, I hear Daga is also signing along with her and he's a fucking stud himself. He'll be a great addition to the midcard.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
As far as Tessa goes, it might sound petty (and I’m sure I’ll get over it) But the booking a friend of mine did with her in TEW, made me sour on her as he would push her really really heavy to the point it was annoying.

But like I said I’ll get over it probably lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hoss

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

Agreed. The issue with Shida's booking is the lack of focus on her for periods and her feuds have been weak at times but her wrestling on TV once a month is fine. One thing AEW does great is different people wrestle each week whereas on Raw and Smackdown we see the same people week in week out wrestling. AEW have improved the women's division these last few months and whilst it still needs work, if Tessa signs there is no way she is going to not be featured. And I say this as someone who is personally against them signing her (even with all her talent I think her attitude may prove to be a problem)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
v0mbky0e2bx61.jpg
not sure where to post this

BUT GOOD NEWS INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS!!!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh shit toronto warehouse? thats like an hour away from me!

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Tony Khan says that fans want to see fresh matchup and not "the same matches for 17 weeks in a row

"There's a lot of differences. I don't do really cheap DQ [disqualification] finishes to prolong something. There are other wrestling programs where you might see multiple DQs and countouts in a week. I believe in giving the fans a finish to the match. I believe in not false-advertising programs and people. I might hype something I really believe in, but there's a big difference between hyping something and false-advertising outright, and I've never done the latter. I think that's why we have a lot of goodwill with the audience. Following through on the things you say you're going to do and trying to deliver a show that's in the spirit of what the fans want to see week in, week out and offering fresh matches and fresh programs is a big part of it. You know, not doing the same matches 17 weeks in a row over and over again," he said.

Full comments here

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Tony Khan Today Stated that Double or Nothing will be held with a full capacity crowd at Daily’s Place (5,500 people)