General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
There is no defending AEW. This company has just been consistently bad. They are a strange promotion where they more often than not put on a good PPV but the weekly shows are just awful. Okada has been turned in to a fucking joke. Literal joke. Yeah, haha sometimes, but he’s better than this. The Elite act like fucking dildos (sorry Mattycakes). Toni Storm has a good character but she has terrible, embarrassing acting. Anna Jay has 0 talent but is still somehow in matches. Mone didn’t change at all, she’s still the Sasha Banks character with a terrible song and absolutely no improved mic skills. She should lose her belt at Forbidden Door but she won’t. Jericho, I’m a fan of his, but it’s the same old pathetic shit and the learning tree lmfao what a stupid nickname.

I know we like to do the hometown guy/girl thing but watching Ospreay and MJF spend all that time putting Garcia over….i got a six pack of abs from laughing so hard.

I wish this was the old AEW. This promotion started off amazing and could mostly be taken seriously. They’ve now become WWE, except really, really bad. I only watch for Swerve and Ospreay.

I’m not saying WWE doesn’t have it’s own garbage but even on a bad night, it’s still better than AEW, with the exception of the AEW PPVs that usually deliver quite well.

My two cents no one asked for.

Reactions: Butters

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Imagine being this upset at two guys putting over Garcia n spoiling dynamite . Lol what dumbass rant

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Imagine pretending to be a hardass over one line about one particular thing and thinking that’s “being that angry”. Lmfao yes, I was so steaming mad that it was a one liner.

Anyway, no idea who you are so I’ll just let you be angry all by yourself since I don’t want to get banned from the forum.

Last edited:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
you the one who sounds angry enough to write multiple paragraphs about a show you don't enjoy while spending more than half of it trashing talent and reach-arounding the fed.

Go hang out out in that section since you enjoy it maybe, and leave your trash takes there :D

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The fed has bad shit as well, AEW started off better than WWE at the time and I’m sad to see how it’s fallen, this is a discussion forum where people share their opinions, whether you agree or not, get over it, angry snowflake, I will post wherever I want :)

Anyway, enjoy yelling at the clouds, I respect @Kross Rhodes enough that I’m not going to argue with some angry guy with thousands upon thousands upon thousands of posts in a forum because the outdoors burns his skin or something so peace out.

:bootynods

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
There’s nothing wrong with criticism it for some reason if you have creative criticism about AEW(on here or anywhere else on the internet) the fan base will attack you like you want the company to die.

The weekly shows are fine for the most part. I got a chance to watch last week’s show and it was enjoyable. It did a dog shit number though. And that’s on Tony Khan to figure out how to fix.

When WWE was terrible, we called it out. Over the past 20 years, how many times have we said LOLTNA. It’s fair to call out AEW. Especially when it’s not bad per day, the product is just cold. Like every other back seat booker, I have my theories on how to change things but it’s not my place.

AEW isn’t dying or anything but to sit here and pretend like there isn’t an issue(like most of twitter) is moronic

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I just think "there's no defending AEW" is quite dramatic, and there was really no explanation given as to why MJF and Ospreay putting over the highly talented and much-beloved Daniel Garcia was so hilarious... otherwise, yeah, it's not really a surprising or particularly earth shattering take. I been an avid AEW fan since day 1, I would personally say they've been firing on level 10 for big stretches of their history, but I'd give them about a 7 right now for how interesting and hot they are.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I love it when ppl assume my mood based on 2 sentences lol.

There's criticism and there's being a needlessly negative jerk

I'd also agree it'd not at 10 rn but saying the product is unforgivable bad then naming every performer u don't like n taking a fat shit on them is not criticism, it's just circle jerking .

I don't really get the oh I won't get banned so I'll be nice act either, that's not fooling anyone.

Also lol at cwalker w his "aew fans can't take criticism " holier than thou take, like clockwork

We can discuss n criticize a product,but needless bitching is gonna get mocked pretty consistently here lmao

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
anyways, lots of people need to learn the definition of criticism and need to stop hiding behind that term to throw out their super dramatic hyperboles. If you want to dish out said takes then call ppl "angry" for mocking them. that is some gaslighting bullshit cuz y'know what kind of reaction those takes are going to generate.

We literally discuss and criticize the product, so let's stop pretending like people don't discuss ratings and other things normally - chris , myself and others were just discussing the weird poor rating last week and it wasn't an issue. stop blanket statementing AEW Fans because people call out some bad-faithed bullshit

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
There’s nothing wrong with criticism it for some reason if you have creative criticism about AEW(on here or anywhere else on the internet) the fan base will attack you like you want the company to die.

The weekly shows are fine for the most part. I got a chance to watch last week’s show and it was enjoyable. It did a dog shit number though. And that’s on Tony Khan to figure out how to fix.

When WWE was terrible, we called it out. Over the past 20 years, how many times have we said LOLTNA. It’s fair to call out AEW. Especially when it’s not bad per day, the product is just cold. Like every other back seat booker, I have my theories on how to change things but it’s not my place.

AEW isn’t dying or anything but to sit here and pretend like there isn’t an issue(like most of twitter) is moronic
You should definitely check out the threads more on here, we do get pretty critical of some things AEW does, and the booking as well tbh.

I think the issue here was more how it came off, than what was said. More so the “no defending AEW part.” like Hoss said.

Now I will say Jeff over reacted a little bit, and probably could have replied a bit better for sure, I won’t deny that. But I feel if LHR came in a little differently as well with the criticism, it would’ve went better.

All in all, everyone can do a little better.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not everyone is going to love AEW. I think there’s a difference between someone that watches AEW and has issues with it and the social media trolls that only critique the clips they see online.

The thing with AEW is it definitely goes through creative changes in waves. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen someone say they used to like AEW and don’t now (my friend is one).

I will say personally though I don’t think it’s as simple as old AEW and current AEW. I feel 2019-2020 AEW is different from 2021 AEW. Which was different from 2022-2023 and 2024 is once again a new animal. My interest has bobbed and weaved throughout those eras. I don’t think AEW has ever sucked for me except for the very first era. I didn’t care for the first year and change of AEW. Since then though you can’t argue with the success of their PPV. Which is why the argument kinda falls on their weekly TV. And I can see that to a certain degree. There are weeks where I think they put on the best television of the year and others I’m kinda just watching to watch. I do think maybe Tony is stretched too thin with so many hours of AEW Television to write and also a roster that’s pretty sizable so he wants to rotate who works and honestly some people that get booked some weeks I have virtually no interest in seeing, but I fully understand that could just be me.

I think the main issue with the first statement was starting out saying there’s no defending AEW. That immediately puts AEW fans in a defensive position so you can see why some might find this take in bad faith. For the record, I don’t think it was. Even if I disagree with a bit of it.

I will say for the Garcia segment, I’ve been hearing that this kid has had it for a while so if they’re finally ready to push him to the next level, let’s do it. I will say, I’m a tiny bit conflicted about him being the MJF opponent for all in since that show is the largest gate of the year, but the match should deliver and if Garcia is International Champion by then, my hype should be stronger.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
No one can defend Garcia slander tbh

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
No one can defend Garcia slander tbh
Kid has it for sure. My only thing is I feel like MJF could have a bigger marcher at all in, unless the plan was Adam Cole and for some reason he still can’t get cleared.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze