General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well all the things you've been saying about Mox can't be a bigger star in aew...
Didn't say he can't be a bigger star first off......Said he wasn't.

You don't have to go defend the honor of AEW anytime someone says something you don't like.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
100% on purpose too. They see Sammy as a future star

Yeah I would say Sammy is most definitely in that blue chipper group. Jericho obviously super high on him personally.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I know I'm extremely late to the party on this one. I just watched Jon Moxley's debut match in AEW for the first time, I saw it free on YouTube so figured "What the hell?".

This was a lot of fun. I'm thinking of giving AEW a solid go and taking another big break from WWE, maybe start next week with Dynamite and see what I think. I'm pretty fatigued on WWE at the moment, I only really came back to watching it for WrestleMania/Takeover and Seth is one of the main reasons I really watch. Up until that point, I was on like a year break from it.

I hope you guys would go easy on me if I joined in the live chat. I don't know many AEW stars. I know of all the previous WWE guys like Cody, Mox, Jericho, Cody, Christian, Wight. Obviously I just learned of Janela. I'm learning more guys as time goes on. You'd think it be okay to jump right in to Dynamite without really knowing the storylines?

I'm guessing it would take me a while to adjust, but I do really like the more adult orientated approach.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I know I'm extremely late to the party on this one. I just watched Jon Moxley's debut match in AEW for the first time, I saw it free on YouTube so figured "What the hell?".

This was a lot of fun. I'm thinking of giving AEW a solid go and taking another big break from WWE, maybe start next week with Dynamite and see what I think. I'm pretty fatigued on WWE at the moment, I only really came back to watching it for WrestleMania/Takeover and Seth is one of the main reasons I really watch. Up until that point, I was on like a year break from it.

I hope you guys would go easy on me if I joined in the live chat. I don't know many AEW stars. I know of all the previous WWE guys like Cody, Mox, Jericho, Cody, Christian, Wight. Obviously I just learned of Janela. I'm learning more guys as time goes on. You'd think it be okay to jump right in to Dynamite without really knowing the storylines?

I'm guessing it would take me a while to adjust, but I do really like the more adult orientated approach.

It might take a while to adjust as AEW aren't the best at explaining things for new viewers. I'm not here for live chats as work the morning after but I'm sure the guys who chat here can explain anyone you are confused on.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
It might take a while to adjust as AEW aren't the best at explaining things for new viewers. I'm not here for live chats as work the morning after but I'm sure the guys who chat here can explain anyone you are confused on.

It shouldn't be too bad for me, anyways. I do care about match quality more than storylines, although I do enjoy a good story as well. I think having guys like Mox should hopefully help ease me in just because of their WWE connection. I have struggled to get in to companies such as Impact and NJPW because I didn't really know anyone. I think the one time I really got in to Impact was because of Bully Ray and AJ Styles and those were two guys I knew of.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

WELCOME ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN PLENTY OF ROOM HERE :mark:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and yes, if you have any questions on storylines I'm sure plenty of us can assist. Myself and @CHRISTOPHER probably watch the most consistently as far as not-dynamite content

edit: *also here to plug my factions thread that may help you! *

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
and yes, if you have any questions on storylines I'm sure plenty of us can assist. Myself and @CHRISTOPHER probably watch the most consistently as far as not-dynamite content

edit: *also here to plug my factions thread that may help you! *

How many shows is there? I know there is AEW Dark as well.

The schedules for these shows would really help, if you can. :) I might just watch Dynamite to start out with as it is the main one and then go from there if I fully get invested in it all. It'd be nice to only have one Wrestling show to worry about every week. WWE has too much content between RAW, SD and NXT.

It's about time I give another company a go again, and right now AEW has got my attention the most. Plenty of guys I know to at least get me started, and I get to discover other names along the way. I have heard MJF is a fantastic one.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

The schedules for these shows would really help, if you can. :) I might just watch Dynamite to start out with as it is the main one and then go from there if I fully get invested in it all. It'd be nice to only have one Wrestling show to worry about every week. WWE has too much content between RAW, SD and NXT.

It's about time I give another company a go again, and right now AEW has got my attention the most. Plenty of guys I know to at least get me started, and I get to discover other names along the way. I have heard MJF is a fantastic one.

Depends what you consider shows.

Monday: Dark: Elevation - So far has been a mix of 1/2 video packages of upcoming/rising stars, some matches (some tune-ups for soon fopr tv talent) and a bit of storyline. Big Show/Shiavone on commentary.

there is also BTE, which is a comedy skit/tavel vlog. no wrestling/for lols.

Tuesday : DARK - dark matches/squash matches also, but with generally less story and TAZ/xcalibur fucking about on commentary.

theres also the sammy vlog, which has been funny lately. but its also extra content for lols. no wrestling.

Wednesday - Dynamite. The main show and really if you are going to watch anything this is obviously it. If you want to look back at certain key moments, they are some "specials" episodes of Dynamite, some very good (winter is coming is a must) . Brodie Lee special is also something you should probably watch as it was excellent and heart warming.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Dynamite is Wednesday. Dark: Elevation is Monday and Dark (no subtitle) is Tuesday. The Darks are 100% optional and just give you more character exposure to the lower card guys. Everything semi-important happens on Dynamite and most people just watch that.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh yeah Sammy's Vlog and BTE both add extra stuff to angles as well (like Jeff said) which I love but they're also optional :lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
sammy vlog > bte atm tbh tbh

in order of importance id go

dynamite
elevation

dark

but they all have their purpose and it really depends how much you want to watch. I enjoy watching rising stars, but its not ALWAYS the best matches. On the flip side, weve gotten to see a few ppl frow, and now on Mondays are getting to see a DDT ace from Japan which has been...well really fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris