General AEW Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well I'm more thinking that it was sold to Tony that way or he thought so in his mind than Punk or Moxley caring one way or another lol
its possible, and actually, I think Mox and Punk are good pals arent they?

the other theory was the squash was originally happening at All Out and they were like...boss this is a bad idea

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
its possible, and actually, I think Mox and Punk are good pals arent they?

the other theory was the squash was originally happening at All Out and they were like...boss this is a bad idea

Idk if they're pals but never heard of heat.

Also on the Colt part, it's possible to me that no one is really lying. Tony coulda been thinking about cutting Colt bc he didn't wanna deal with ant possible Punk drama even if there hadn't been any yet, with absolutely no contact from Punk on the matter, and people got word of that and talked him into ROH instead (bucks I'd bet)

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Idk if they're pals but never heard of heat.

Also on the Colt part, it's possible to me that no one is really lying. Tony coulda been thinking about cutting Colt bc he didn't wanna deal with ant possible Punk drama even if there hadn't been any yet, with absolutely no contact from Punk on the matter, and people got word of that and talked him into ROH instead (bucks I'd bet)
When still in WWE or right after, did he not (Punk) do an interview where he was saying Mox was the guy who should retire him? They have all the history in the indies too so I assumed they were irl pals or at least that Punk respected the fuck out of him as he's always praised him afaik

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
When still in WWE or right after, did he not (Punk) do an interview where he was saying Mox was the guy who should retire him? They have all the history in the indies too so I assumed they were irl pals or at least that Punk respected the fuck out of him as he's always praised him afaik

Yeah idk most I remember is Shield history myself but I wasn't really aware of indie Mox prior either. That retiring interview sounds familiar tho

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah idk most I remember is Shield history myself but I wasn't really aware of indie Mox prior either. That retiring interview sounds familiar tho
i think is the match?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
story was that Punk had "ducked" Mox/Ambrose in Roh/indies/wtv and was his hero he never got to fight/beat and they did the match here. I may be mixing up stories so please dont take my word for it as this isnt my wheelhouse of knowledge lol

Reactions: Chris

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Mean, Khan could just be saying all of that to steer a narrative and all, i couldnt care less, but dont take everything he, or really anyone in charge of a promotion, takes as gospel truth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean, it's still more credible to me than 2nd and 3rd hand rumors mill to me. It's not like Colt himself has said anything directly, either.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You shouldn't take any of it as fact, just be a semi-intelligent human with context clues and use your best judgment lol that means you will be a hypocrite and "pick and choose" what you believe but it's way better than picking one site or person and acting like everything said is fact or a lie 100% of the time lmao that's small brain shit where you want someone to decide your opinions for you

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You shouldn't take any of it as fact, just be a semi-intelligent human with context clues and use your best judgment lol that means you will be a hypocrite and "pick and choose" what you believe but it's way better than picking one site or person and acting like everything said is fact or a lie 100% of the time lmao that's small brain shit where you want someone to decide your opinions for you
ofc, I try to take everything with a grain of salt as everyone has an agenda. But I'm also aware of wording and read articles fully. Like for example in this case, no one credible has reported that Punk got him demoted. It was reported that some people perceived thats what was going on and voiced to tony that colt should stay. The way these articles word things is very important and its why I say its 2nd and 3rd hand info. They are reporting what they heard and are told, but they aren't reporting that Punk got him demoted or that he even said a word to TK about it. Hope that makes a bit more sense where I'm coming from. It's not that I don't believe the reporting, as Fightful is as credible as were going to get, more that you often have to read between the lines about what is actually being said and reported past the spicy headlines.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like you said Chris, it could have been nas simple as

Bucks: Yo TK, are you thinking of no re-upping Colt?

TK: It's a bit awkward and I dunno where he fits anymore

Bucks: He'd be great in ROH and he's a good guy backstage we can use longterm

TK: OK