Games that need remastering

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
What games do you wish got remastered? Either to have updated graphics, story extensions or something.
I have a few.

Command & Conquer - I just want another one
Donkey Kong Country (1 and 2) - Best platform games of all time
Paperboy - It'll still be fun!
Secret of Monkey Island (1 and 2) - These desperately needed voice acting and UI improvements. Loved these games.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Donkey Kong Country - One of my favorites, 1 and 2 would be great to remake.
Glover - I know it wasn't a big deal but I really enjoyed the game.
Yoshi's Island - Come on now.. You milked the rest of the franchise why leave this one out?
Star Fox - I want a remake of the first one. Loved that game.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Just updated graphics, no changes to the story.
Conker's Bad Fur Day - This game taught me that arse was a word. I need a reboot!!

I made my post pretty too. :kitler:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I personally would love a remaster of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. That game was great for the PS1 and I love the series as a whole, although it may not be old enough to deserve a remaster.

Reactions: Solidus1

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Demon's Souls.

A bunch of people that like the Dark Souls games have never played it because it was a PS3 exclusive, but they need to see where this series started.

It wouldn't come to Xbox or PC due to Sony owning the rights to it, but they could totally do a PS4 remastered version. Just make the graphics a bit sharper, cap the frame rate and you're good to go.

Also I would love to see something like a Persona 3 Golden, like they did with Persona 4.

JustusSalem

Jobber
Reaction score
Fallout New Vegas - Easly the best Fallout game and with mod support it would be great
Fable 1-3 - it's Fable one of the greats RPGs ever
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind and Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion - Two great Elder Scrolls game
Oddworld Stranger - It's a great game nothing else to say
Red Dea Redemption - Great game, not much to say.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I literally just read the title of the thread as "Games that need Reagmastering" and I was so confused.

Also Simpsons Hit & Run is all I need.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Yes to the Donkey Kong Country games. They don't necessarily need it or anything but those are among my favorite games ever, and that includes the third one (I love it for the variety, very few other platformers added as many different level concepts and gimmicks as they one, some of them were totally busts and I can never truly forgive them for removing Rambi but I still love that game). I would love them all tied neatly into a bundle, I don't really need the graphics to be updated since I love the aesthetic but if they packaged them all together and maybe added a feature of being able to take different pairs through certain levels. What I mean is, if there was a mode added in where you could take the duo of Diddy/Dixie through levels of the original Donkey Kong Country, or Donkey/Diddy through levels of DKC3. Kinda like a Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 type deal.

But I actually came into this thread to say, and this will probably never happen, Xenosaga Episode I. Probably my favorite RPG of all-time, and I would love to go through it once more this time with trophy support. Considering the series had cutscenes that lasted 20 minutes, a total of 8 hour of cutscenes per game I believe, trophy support is kinda a necessary component to get me to play it again. I don't quite have the time to justify a third go-through without it.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
OMFG Paperboy! Loved that game!

As for remakes,
I know it will NEVER happen but...
WWF No Mercy. God that storyline sort of career with the present graphics :please:

And 'I Am Alive', Prince of Persia games and last but not least, one of my all time favourites - Sid Meier's Pirates! (More of a sequel than a remake though)

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Another remaster I'd like to see would be Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Lots of people have never played those games simply because they see them, think "Ew, isometric and turn-based with bad graphics" and do not play them. They're games that any Fallout fan should experience, the writing is so good and the games have a lot of fun things to do, with much more freedom in terms of quests than the Bethesda entries into the series.

Obsidian would be a great dev to remaster them, seeing as how good their isometric games Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny have been. If Bethesda didn't take on the responsibility themselves, which I'm sure they wouldn't as they are both busy with Elder Scrolls VI (probably trying to see how many RPG elements they can strip from it) and they seem to be trying to distance themselves from the lore of the old games, if some of the retcons and contradictions Fallout 4 makes against the old lore is entirely intentional.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I would mark like a 12 year old if they remastered Streets of Rage 2.

Also patiently waiting for RE2.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I forgot one....

Snowboard Kids 2! I used to love this game!!

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
None just play the original on an emulator upscaled to 1080p, most games look fine like that. Gamecube titles have held up extremely well, any Gamecube game played through SCART to SCART or Component on a decent TV will look great, none of that composite bs.