Game of The Year 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What is the Game of the Year for 2010?

• Mass Effect 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God of War 3

• Call of Duty Black Ops

• Starcraft II Wings of Liberty

• Battlefield Bad Company 2

• New Super Mario Bros

• Heavy Rain

• Halo Reach

• Red Dead Redemption

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Gran Turismo 5

• Other

• Total voters

nation

Reaction score
So 2010 was a pretty good year with some outstanding games. The Wii made up for it's incredibly lackluster 2009 line up, Gran Turismo 5 actually released, Bungie said goodbye to Halo with Reach, Black Ops dethroned MW2, Medal Of Honor and Battlefield Bad Company 2 attempted to challenge Call of Duty, Mass Effect 2 released to outstanding critic and reader average acclaim, Alan Wake released and is now hailed as a great psychological thriller game, God of War 3 ended the fantastic trilogy with a bang, Heavy Rain created a brand new genre, Red Dead Redemption made up for the overrated piece of shit that is GTAIV, Goldeneye came back exclusively on the Wii, and Samus embraced her old roots. But what is the Game of the Year for 2010?

If you vote other, state would game you think is GOTY for 2010 in your opinion.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Loved how they did away with religions and massive stacks of doom in Civ 5. Feels much more strategic now in combat.

Montana

Reaction score
I voted for Mario. I just have a wii, so I'm not a serious gamer, but Call Of Duty would probably be my game of the year. But that would be strictly off hype/and people talking about the game. The Mario game is pretty fun though. On a fun scale, it would be up there with the others. Hell, Imo the best mario game ever made, so i guess it's fair to put it up there with the best games of the year.

nation

Reaction score
Fuck your list btw.

I could have made the list longer but I just set it with twelve options. All of the games in the list have better consumer averages(I used Gamespot to compare them as it has one of the largest consumer averages as in more ratings). Obviously there are some other noteworthy games but those twelve are the biggest through a combination of critics/consumer averages and sales. Civilization 5 does have very nice critic reviews but it's a bit disappointing with consumer averages and to be completely honest, I wasn't thinking about this game at the time but I did my research on them and comparing them, it's not as "noteworthy" as all the other games.

Reaction score
I think it really depends on who you ask. I'm inclined to vote for God of War III, but I'm kind of biased towards it (one of my top3 favorite game franchises of all time). Red Dead Redemption is up there as far as being an overall great game, as is CoD: Black Ops. Heavy Rain was pretty damn good, but I never got far enough into it to really give it a solid vote. Battlefied: Bad Company 2 was pretty awesome, not gonna lie, though it's not really my kind of game. At the end of the day, my vote has to go to God of War III, though.