Gail Kim coming back to TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gashface

Reaction score
From PWTorch.com

PWTorch has learned that Gail Kim has personally reached out to Dixie Carter to see if a deal can be struck for her to return to TNA after all. As PWTorch has reported in multiple instances over the past week, friends have said she felt terrible about leaving TNA, but felt she had to because WWE's offer was at least triple what TNA's supposed final offer was.

Kim did reportedly meet with WWE officials, but has been hestitant to sign a deal with WWE due to her happiness with working for TNA - other than the lowball offer she was given.

From what we understand, neither Kim nor Dixie Carter were happy with the way TNA reps and Kim's reps (lawyers and/or agent) handled the negotiations, and both have decided to at least see if a return could be worked out.

Carter has asked some tough questions to people within TNA lately whom she trusted to handle this part of the business well; there are indications she felt out of the loop and wanted to try to make the situation right.

Wade Keller, PWTorch

_____

Sounds like the situation with the offer wasn't handled well and Dixie is unhappy with it. I seriously hope Gail Kim signs back with TNA. TNA should have offered her A LOT more than they did. Knockouts are a serious draw and Gail Kim was their top knockout.

This Guy

Not saying its not true, but you always got to take anything Wade Keller says with a bit of suspision as to how accurate his story is.

Keller is the internet dirt sheet writer that gives all Internet dirt sheet writers a bad name

gashface

Reaction score
It's true though that people did feel TNA lowballed Gail, and she has yet to sign with WWE. If you ask me Gail really really doesn't want to sign with WWE, it's just the money, and you can't blame her for that. The knockouts draw more than half the guys who are on a hell of a lot more money. Especially Sting, aside from the past few weeks what does Sting actually do to earn that sort of money? Anyway.. rant aside.

Let's hope it -IS- true because Kim deserves more money from TNA, and she deserves better than the TYPE of exposure she'll get in the WWE.

This Guy

I'm not disagreeing that for the most part TNA has done a much better job with its women's division then the WWE, and its true that Gail Kim is definatly one of the most over women from TNA. And no doubt TNA low balled her. But they low balled her because they are too busy dishing out truck loads of money to guys like Sting, Foley & Nash who do little to help move the company forward. Nash barely wrestles and usually sits in the back tries to still act like its the 90's. Sting rarely is on tv comes on for a month or 2 fued and then disappears for 6 months. And Foley although I'm sure will get used a lot while he's there is probably making as much as Angle or more and contract is like a small fraction of the length. TNA is counting too much on company loyalty. So they feel that people like Gail are going to be loyal to TNA because of how WWE is perseved or how they were treated with the WWE the first run. But as TNA gets bigger and they are, they will learn what both McMahon & Tuner learned in the 90's. There is no such thing as company loyalty.

I completely understand Gail's hesitation to sign with WWE, but you yourself said in a post I wonder if after her 4th Bra and Panties match if she'll regret it. I have a point to make myself on that.....when was the last time the WWE did one of those dumb diva gimmick matches? They haven't. Not in quite some time. The only gimmick matches they have been in over the last year were those star on a pole qualifying matches on Smackdown & Lumberjack matches. Those aren't degrating to women matches. If anything the whole gauntlet into a ladder match with the loser of the ladder match getting there head shaved was a more degrading gimmick match then anything the WWE has done recently. Not to mention I'm sure Gail would be put on Raw, and the Raw divas do less of the cheesy gimmick stuff then Smackdown.

gashface

Reaction score
There is still the small matters though of the following:

- King's commentary (PUPPIES!)
- Being expected to pose for playboy

And also I think the general attitude towards women in WWE is different. The womens division is not taken seriously and therefore not much effort and thought is put into the writing. Besides I'm betting that WWE will use Gail for no longer than a year before spitting her back out again.

ETA: Oh and I agree entirely about the washed up stars swallowing up the money. Nash and Sting should be kicked out immediately. As for Foley, well I'm a big Foley fan as you can see, so I can't say nothing about him. And the contract is short term whereas Sting and Nash have been in the company for years doing a fat load of nothing.

Soulpower

He's toned it down in the last couple of years.

She wouldn't be "expected" to pose for Playboy. Not all the Divas are forced to do so.. Besides, its not like Gail hasn't posed nude (or at least topless) in the past.

gashface

Reaction score
Toned down or not it is still there and he still talks about the women in WWE like sexual objects. I personally have noticed very little toned down ness, when I've watched WWE shows as of late. He nearly always makes some sort of sexual comment during a females entrance.

Expected? Well do any of us know what's expected. I don't know but neither do you really. I'm sure there have been instances of females in the WWE feeling pressurized into doing so. But I'm not definately saying yes they must! Because I don't know. But it's just funny that an extremely large number of them have done playboy or other highly sexual things when a part of the company.

Evil Austin

about the king not saying puppies much any more is because Trish,Stacy,Torrie,Dawn&Lita aren't there anymore.

J

Toned down or not it is still there and he still talks about the women in WWE like sexual objects. I personally have noticed very little toned down ness, when I've watched WWE shows as of late. He nearly always makes some sort of sexual comment during a females entrance.

Expected? Well do any of us know what's expected. I don't know but neither do you really. I'm sure there have been instances of females in the WWE feeling pressurized into doing so. But I'm not definately saying yes they must! Because I don't know. But it's just funny that an extremely large number of them have done playboy or other highly sexual things when a part of the company.

What do you think there mean't to be there as. Wrestlers :lol_1: The only chick in WWE that can wrestle is Beth. The rest are just there to give the men a little something to looks at when they get bored.

chessarmy

I think Gail will find a way to strike a deal with TNA and make her return. She has praised the company countless times, and I'm sure she is very happy with the Knockouts division and all the attention that it gets. Hopefully TNA offers her the right amount of money so she can come back

MikeRaw

There is still the small matters though of the following:

Kind last said puppies, when? It's been at least a year and a bit. It's been more than toned down, I can't even remember when he said it.
And secondly, pull your head out of your ass and look around. Who has posed for playboy? Christy, Torrie, Sable, Maria, Candice, etc...
Never people like Trish, Lita, Beth, Melina, etc, who were/are actually wrestlers. So stop making it sound like everyone is forced to be exposed. The ones who pose for playboy are approached by Playboy, not wwe, and secondly, they can always say no, but the ones who pose aren't the wrestlers, but they are the eye candy. Gail Kim wouldn't have been made to go in playnoy, because she is a wrestler, and wwe knows that...

But to finish up, I never hear King say "puppies!". Insteead, I always hear him talking about their wrestling skills, and how much people are improving.

gashface

Reaction score
Puppies may be an old example but his commentary is packed full of sexual comments. Anybody who doesn't hear them must have grown so used to it they have grown deaf.

I'm not stirring trouble here why does it always boil down to an argument. We all know WWE uses women in different ways, many of them they use as "divas" in a sexual manner and some are wrestlers, but even the wrestlers are sometimes subject to sexual comments in segments or commentary. (And I'm sure some happen in TNA too)

I'm just saying if I were a womens wrestler and I actually have a friend who is a womens wrestling in training, she would rather work for a company like TNA that appreciates her as a wrestler than a piece of meat.

Whether Gail Kim would be treated that way or not there are others in the company that are, that is disrespectful to women in general and it is understandable why Gail Kim would rather associate herself with a company pushing womens wrestling more seriously. (At least majoretedly)

MikeRaw

Puppies may be an old example but his commentary is packed full of sexual comments. Anybody who doesn't hear them must have grown so used to it they have grown deaf.

I'm not stirring trouble here why does it always boil down to an argument. We all know WWE uses women in different ways, many of them they use as "divas" in a sexual manner and some are wrestlers, but even the wrestlers are sometimes subject to sexual comments in segments or commentary. (And I'm sure some happen in TNA too)

I'm just saying if I were a womens wrestler and I actually have a friend who is a womens wrestling in training, she would rather work for a company like TNA that appreciates her as a wrestler than a piece of meat.

Whether Gail Kim would be treated that way or not there are others in the company that are, that is disrespectful to women in general and it is understandable why Gail Kim would rather associate herself with a company pushing womens wrestling more seriously. (At least majoretedly)

You just don't get it do you?
Your arguments are so bleak it's almost comical. Scratch that, it IS comical. You always say "Ok, sorry, that's an old example", but always fail to come up with a NEW and RECENT example.
Give me a recent example of something offensive wwe did with their women? Any of them? teh wrestlign divas haven't had ANYTHING offensive done. And guess what? Neither have the "eye candy" divas! When was the last time you saw Kelly or Maria slutting it out in the ring? Or Candice?
Exactly.
Just because someone is goodlooking, doesn't mean they are being treate like meat. WWE doesn't have anything to do with commentary being offensive anymore. The most offensive thing said is "Wow, she is stunningly beutfil", and that's not even anything offensive.
they don't have any of them go like sluts aroudn the ring, ANY, so I highly doubt they would make Gail do that.

Why don't you just do somethign that will help everyone? Instead of taking something you like (TNA), and focusing on comparing it to other stuff (wwe), why don't you just enjoy what you enjoy (tna), and shut up about the wwe, and let the people who like ti enjoy it?
Or is that too hard?
Sometimes I swear you are Dixie Carter.

xtremebadass

I hope all this hype of her moving to WWE wasn't BS. WWE needs her.

Moonlight Drive

Kim should go to WWE. They are offering her Triple the cash, and if she was on Smackdown she would dominate the Divas. People can say she'd be buried, but look at Adamle. He got to where he is in the company by having a huge paycheck.

King hasn't said puppies in so long it is irrelevant. Plus Gail Kim is hella ugly anyway, who would want her in Playboy?

And Mike has said everything I wanted too on that subject.