Gail Kim and Velvet Sky set to retire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
gail_kim_wallpaper_2012_v1_by_cmpunkalonhd-d5lz2ip.jpg

1-Time WWE Women's Champion // 6-Time TNA Knockout's Champion

During an in-ring promo, Gail announced this would be her final year as a wrestler and would call it quits soon. Gail has not wrestled on Impact Wrestling since she vacated the Knockouts Championship back in October, but said she would return to the company once she was cleared to compete due to a back injury.

Gail Kim said: "I am almost 40 years old. I am grateful to have been in this business for 16 years which not a lot of women can say they have been fortunate to do that kind of run that many years in a row. I would say in the next couple of years, I will have to retire. I have always said that I will retire when my body starts giving out on me. I would never want the fans to see me deteriorate in performance at any time. I am such a perfectionist that I wouldn’t want them to see me loose a step. I always said when that day comes, I am going to retire. In terms of future plans, I would like to work behind the scenes and help the girls build their division even more. I want to see the next generation be as successful as I was."

f7956779dd48293677a137df3bcd60ca.jpg

2-Time TNA Knockout's Champion

Former Impact Wrestling Knockout Velvet Sky announced during a recent interview with WNPR.org that she is retiring from pro wrestling and plans to go back to college.

"Wrestling has a shelf life," said Sky. "College doesn’t. You can be 50 years old and go to college for your degree. You can’t be 50 years old and train to be a pro wrestler.”

Sky continued, "I’m in really, really good physical condition, still, and my health is great. And I want to keep it that way. I had a really satisfying 15-year wrestling career, so I went back to school because I got to live out my wrestling dream.”

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I really enjoyed both of their long respected careers and wish them the best in life after wrestling...I really wish that Gail would stay for just 1 more year with her last run in the WWE so she could face Charlotte and Asuka! She was underutilized in her time with WWE despite winning the WWE Women's Championship in her first match.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I to wish wish Gail would have one more run in the WWE...
I'm sure her & Sasha would put on a classic or two.

But...Gail is 40 years old...and while she still looks fantastic
I'm sure the years on working in the ring have taken their toll.

Also...if anyone with the power reads this...I think this thread
needs moving to a section where more people will see it.