Gable Steveson issues statement on WWE release

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Steveson's manager, Dave Martin, issued a statement to The MMA Hour, which Ariel Helwani read on Wednesday's episode:

Gable Steveson is very grateful for the opportunities he had with WWE and would like to thank everybody in the organization who helped him get there. He would also like to thank all the fans who have supported him on his professional wrestling journey. Now, Gable is ready to resume competing against elite-level competition and looks forward to sharing big news with you all very soon.
Steveson has one year of NCAA eligibility left. His release from WWE came too late for him to compete at The Olympic trials, however, preventing him from competing in this summer's games in Paris.

Helwani continued to say that Steveson has also been reached out to by multiple NFL teams. Steveson is training MMA out of the Florida-based Kill Cliff FC as well.

"I can tell you, via Dave (Martin), that multiple NFL teams have reached out to Gable Steveson," Helwani said on the show. "He does have that extra year of eligibility and he's also been training at Kill Cliff FC with Henry Hooft and Robbie Lawler."

Helwani continued to say he's aware of two NFL teams interested in inviting Steveson to mini-camp.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
-*Norm McDonald voice*

“Now he can go back to his true love…..”

You all know the punchline

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Why would any NFL Team truly ask him to come to Mini Camp when he's no where near in Football Shape or the Skills right now to be anything right now of a Practice Squad guy if he's lucky? I'm looking at his Wiki and they don't talk about any Football experience so if he were to get invites you're talking about being behind the Eight Ball but I'm sure he would work hard to try to get on the 53 Man Roster. I would say he has more of a chance to be something in the MMA because of that pedigree I feel if he doesn't want to wait around for the Olympics to come around in another 4 Years.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why would any NFL Team truly ask him to come to Mini Camp when he's no where near in Football Shape or the Skills right now to be anything right now of a Practice Squad guy if he's lucky? I'm looking at his Wiki and they don't talk about any Football experience so if he were to get invites you're talking about being behind the Eight Ball but I'm sure he would work hard to try to get on the 53 Man Roster. I would say he has more of a chance to be something in the MMA because of that pedigree I feel if he doesn't want to wait around for the Olympics to come around in another 4 Years.
NFL teams try recruit a atuer wrestkers all the time.....their base and explosive speed works well in DT.

Funny thing, Pat McAfee show was talking about this on their show today.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
NFL teams try recruit a atuer wrestkers all the time.....their base and explosive speed works well in DT.

Funny thing, Pat McAfee show was talking about this on their show today.

Oh I've seen it before it's just rare to see them have long term success. Theirs a Offensive Lineman who plays for my Eagles Mailtata who didn't play American Football at all he was a Rugby Player they turned into a Lineman and if you see his Highlights in Rugby he was born to play American Football he was so much bigger than the guys in the League. Theirs still skill and talent there in Rugby that can transition well not sure how being being an Olympic Wrestler automatic means success in the NFL right off the bat. I hope if if he does get an invite they consider him a project to where it might take 3 or 4 Years before you see any success and get caught up as a player. I just see him having a smoother transition to MMA faster because of what he achieved vs it being a Gamble going into the NFL.

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Shit,

Your Eagles took Jeremy Bloom in the20 06 Draft.

N don't forget WR Devon Allen was and undrafted FA Roseman took a shot at in '22.

Both Olympians. :cool:

Fly, Eagles Fly!

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Shit,

Your Eagles took Jeremy Bloom in the20 06 Draft.

N don't forget WR Devon Allen was and undrafted FA Roseman took a shot at in '22.

Both Olympians. :cool:

Fly, Eagles Fly!

And Devon had really break away speed and he never got on the field like that but when you have Smith and AJ theirs going to be so many Footballs going to the 3rd and 4th Stringers. I still think he could be a great Kick Returner because of that Speed with Covey holding it done at Punt Return.