G.I. Joe: Retaliation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score

Release Date: June 29, 2012
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Jon Chu
Screenwriter: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
Starring: D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, Dwayne Johnson
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: GIJoemovie.com
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: One-Sheet | Roadblock Poster | Captain Duke Houser Poster | Joe Colton Poster | Storm Shadow Poster | Snake Eyes Poster | Cobra Commander Poster | Lady Jaye Poster | Jinx Poster
Production Stills: View here

Plot Summary: A follow-up to the 2009 release of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," which grossed over $300 million worldwide, Paramount Pictures, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with Hasbro, commenced the di Bonaventura production of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation."

In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra; they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, from a screenplay by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe characters.

[video=youtube;kNUBV9trDoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNUBV9trDoA[/video]

First movie was pretty bad, this looks MUCH, MUCH better. Really good cast and from the look of the trailer great production values. Unless the story is just horrendous this should be a money maker and a good movie to see.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Some things look good production value wise but others look horribly cheap. Not a fan of tossing quaid out the window. Hope fraiser has another cameo too. Seems like they just have the attack in the beginning to explain why some actors aren't in the movie.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Definitely going to see this. Love The Rock as an actor especially in action movies and this film is gonna draw like crazy with the names in it now such as Bruce Willis but more especially with The Rock. He's the reason Fast Five earned so much money and the last Journey movie compared to the ones before it.

Can't wait.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I honestly enjoyed the first movie. Although, I loved the show when I was a kid. And played with the action figures like crazy! I'll definitely go see this movie. I just don't like the fact that the white ninja dude from Cobra is back. HE SHOULD BE DEAD DAMNIT!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Channing Tatum <3 Man crush, I mean what?

Anyways, I didn't much care for the first one but this one looks a lot better. Hoping the Rock can perform. I haven't seen any of his serious stuff since Grid Iron Gang. Which I think was a highly underrated movie.

Anyways, my theater is giving a free showing of this the day before it comes out. So I'll see it then.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Paramount announced that they are moving "G.I. Joe 2" release date all the way to March 29th, 2013.

Paramount says the move is to ready the film for 3D, especially for international markets. The movie, which was scheduled to be released on June 29, will now be released in the heart of WWE's WrestleMania 29 hype. Rock has already said he will be part of WM29.

Well not that I was really looking forward to it but seems like a Blue move especially since they already started the ad campaign. I hope it leaks online really early and then sales get fucked over.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be due to Avengers doing so well and Dark Knight Rises coming out soon and Amazing SpiderMan opening around that time as well. Might have been lost in the shuffle. It is a bit crazy to delay the release by so long, surely they aren't banking on wrestling fans to make this big.

Trailer actually looks quite good, was never interested in the first one but I might actually go see this ........ in 10 months time.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I am pretty sure that they'll move the release date up from that far away. Probably Thanksgiving time or Christmas. But yeah releasing it where it currently was... it would not have fared very well. Avengers was killer in the box office. Batman is going to be absolutely awesome and will be selling out for a while and will challenge Avengers in the box office numbers. Spiderman is actually looking better and better and will do rather well. And considering how meh the first GI Joe was... this one has a lot to try to accomplish to get over... BUT that is also not taking into consideration that there is another big action movie coming out in The Expendables 2 so its like GI Joe II didn't have much chance to really get much done if it came out during this time so it was smart to delay it. And at least the reasoning they gave "saves face" but we all know why it is being delayed.

Kairi

Reaction score
guess they aren't confident in their product if they don't want to be out with other competitive movies, if it's going to bomb it isn't going to matter what the release date is imo