FWA 'King of the Deathmatch III' || Results.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
kodm.png

KODM3.
only on the WCNetwork.

Sunday 17th March, 2024.
From an Undisclosed Location in Japan.

20190923_kwb.jpg

The camera opens up on the image of two warriors from a bygone era, cast as bronze statues, gleaming in the late morning sun. In the distance, the din of a crowd can be heard, muffled and abstracted but travelling across the wind from afar.

We shift to the source, where - on the sandy beaches of the island's north coast - two wrestling rings are set up - and, all of a sudden, a purple backlight illuminates the mats of both. Those assembled there, around three hundred in number, recognise that this (alongside the fact that Jean-Luc Watkins and Anzu Kurosawa have just shuffled into view at the announce desk) means that something is surely about to happen.

Somewhat ominously, a cage begins to lower from above, a huge crane set up next to the ring putting it in position.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Welcome, wrestling fans, to the third installment of the King of the Deathmatch, the FWA’s annual tournament for those whose proclivities tend towards the more barbaric. Speaking of which, I'm delighted to introduce my broadcast colleague for the evening, Anzu Kurosawa, who will keep up with tradition by both entering the tournament and calling the action when she's not in the ring."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Delighted to be here, Jean-Luc! I'm hoping to break with tradition and make it out of the first round this year. But, even if that happens, I can't wait to see what this island has in store for us this year. I have some fond memories of this place…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "… you know it's a different island every year, right?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "…"

We cut away from the commentators and to a pair of podiums next to the ring. One is empty, whilst the other houses the FWA X Championship.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "There you see the prizes for tonight's tournament. Well, one of them. The empty podium symbolises the Crown of Thorns, which is in the possession of Thomas West of the Nephews. He won the first KODM, and has held that prize captive ever since."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Well, the winner of today's tournament can claim that prize. They've just gotta go to CDW to do it."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Never heard of it. Nonetheless, the day's other prize is there in all its glory: the FWA X Championship. A belt that I used to hold, don't you know. Tommy Bedlam vacated it just two days ago on Fight Night, meaning we are certain to crown a new champion here at KODM3!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Sounds grueling. Good job I don't stand a chance!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I think we're about ready to send it over to our emcee for the evening, Natalie Rosenberg, to go over the rules for tonight's opening contest…"

In the middle of one of the two rings, inside the huge cage that now covers both of them and a small amount of the ringside area as well, Natalie Rosenberg stands with a microphone in her hand.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Welcome, wrestling fans, to King of the Deathmatch III!! The following is your opening contest, which is a Cage of Death 8x1v1 Match!! In this contest, all sixteen competitors will begin in or around the cage, with an assigned opponent. That means there will be eight separate one-on-one contests happening simultaneously, where the only ways to win is by pinfall or submission. Introducing first…"

There’s a moderate pop amongst the three hundred -ish fans assembled around the ring from those that recognise the semi-familiar theme music. More join the cheers when Aaron Harrows - who hasn’t been seen since the Buddy Bowl, which also happened to be his FWA debut - walks through the curtain and onto the small, modest stage area. He smiles at the positive reaction before making his way down to the ramp.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Aaron Harrows was not originally announced as part of the sixteen person line-up for this tournament, but following on from Tommy Bedlam’s withdrawal it is understood that ‘Top Star’ reached out personally to FWA management to secure his spot."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And why wouldn’t he? The FWA X Championship will bring contenders from far and wide, including from Hollywood, apparently! We’ll find out who Harrows’ assigned opponent is in just a few moments. We’ll see if he lives to regret that call."

Harrows observes the huge cage around the two rings, looks through the open door, and then takes up a position outside of the steel structure near the announce desk.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You’ll notice that Harrows hasn’t entered the cage, which is quite deliberate. Three of our assigned pairs, chosen at random before the match, will begin this one on the outside. It appears that Harrows is one of the six who’ll be on the outside looking in."

Anzu Kurosawa: "It’s falls count anywhere though, right?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Anzu, you’re in the match. Don’t you know that already?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Yes, it’s falls count anywhere.”

Harrows loosens up and stares up the ramp as his music fades out…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Oof, not a good draw for Aaron Harrows…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Hey! This is my date!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Apparently not…"

There’s a mixed reaction for ‘the Saviour of Death’ as he walks out onto the stage, his expression something between a smirk and a scowl. He ignores the fans completely as he makes his way towards the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing your first pairing… making his way to the ring, from Calgary, Alberta and weighing in at two hundred and sixty two pounds… ‘the Saviour of Death’... JEFFRY MASON!!"

There’s a considerable amount of cheering for the more hardcore-minded fans in attendance, whilst the boos come from those who are caught up in morality.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… already at ringside, from Gold Coast, Australia and weighing in at two hundred and eighteen pounds… ‘Top Star’... AARON HARROWS!!"

Mason comes to a halt outside the cage, staring through two walls of mesh at his assigned opponent. Miley Cyrus fades away and is promptly replaced by…

A massive roar around the arena for the next competitor, who strides out onto the stage and then down the ramp towards the steel structure.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes one of two men in the tournament’s line-up who has held the FWA X Championship already, having done so for a record number of days. Judging by the look of focus, today Alyster Black intends to win that title back."

Anzu Kurosawa: "How can you tell through the mask?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I can’t, I’m just editorializing."

Alyster ignores the two competitors already outside the cage when he enters through the door. He climbs up the ring steps and into the ring, taking up position in a corner of one of the rings. He doesn’t even look up the ramp as his music fades out and is replaced by…

The cheers continue as XYZ appears on stage with none of his usual accompaniments, given that competitors were told to come alone for the first round contest (although rules on managers and stablemates attending the tournament as a whole have been somewhat relaxed). It’s unclear if it’s this that is shaking him or the huge cage that rears up ahead.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here’s a man who has history with Alyster Black, as well as with the FWA X Championship. You know, I can’t shake the feeling that there’s something I’m not remembering. Something to do with XYZ and that title…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Best not to think too much, J-L. Continuity is for suckers!"

XYZ carefully observes the cage as he arrives at the bottom of the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And your second match-up: introducing first, currently residing in San Dimas, California and weighing in at two hundred and twenty pounds… ALYSTER BLACK!!"

XYZ rolls into the same ring that Alyster is in and occupies the opposite corner.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… from Sitka, Alaska and weighing in at one hundred and eighty pounds… XYZ!!"

X lifts both his hands into the air as the fans cheer his introduction, his eyes locked on Black across the ring. Alyster, for his part, doesn’t return the glare, instead adjusting his pads and remaining oblivious to his assigned opponent. X’s music fades out and is replaced by…

The cheering continues for the next participant, although there are a few boos due to her association with the fiendish Coven, but Trixie pays the fans no mind as she walks out onto the stage. She seems ‘all business’ tonight, taking deep breaths as she continues down the ramp.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie has history in this tournament, entering the second installment of King of the Deathmatch and reaching the second round. She defeated the first incarnation of weaselperson in round one before being dumped out of contention by Jeffry Mason the following day."

Anzu Kurosawa: "I’m sure Trixie will be hoping to stay well clear of ‘the Saviour of Death’, both in this unconventional opening match and later on in the tournament."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I don’t know, Anzu. If we’ve learned anything about Trixie, it’s that she’s headstrong to a fault. I wouldn’t be surprised if she seeks him out."

Trixie looks at the open door and then, under instruction from the officials, takes up position outside the cage. She stands on the opposite side of the structure to Mason, looking up at the stage as her music fades out…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Oh, that’s me!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Well, seeing as you’re starting on the outside, you fancy staying at the desk until the entrances are over?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And miss the chance for a tense stand-off with Trixie?! No chance!"

Anzu removes her headset and climbs up onto the desk, offering a wave and a double thumbs up to the crowd of her countrymen.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing your third pairing… first, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and weighing in at one hundred and twenty pounds… BELLATRIX BORDEAUX!"

There seem to be less cheers for Trixie now that the Japanese crowd knows who she will be facing, but Trixie pays no attention to this anyway. She instead stares only at Anzu, who hops down from the desk to enjoy her tense stand-off.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And her opponent… from Hiroshima, Japan and weighing in at one hundred and one pounds… ANZU KUROSAWA!!"

Loud cheers for Kurosawa, whose game-face cracks into a wide smile as she takes up her position near Bordeaux. Desire’s ‘Under Your Spell’ fades out and is replaced with…

Some of the crowd are expecting to see Kleio De Santos, but instead it is another member of the Coven that walks out onto the stage. Blair pays them no mind as she continues down the ramp. She is accompanied by Grandma Ethel, by special invite on the condition that she join Jean-Luc at the booth.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes the second and final of our replacements at KODM2, with Blair Ravenwood stepping in for her stablemate in the Coven, Kleio De Santos, when she withdrew earlier this week. This came as a surprise, especially given Kleio’s history in this tournament, making the final match in the first installment and the semi-finals in the second. Blair will be hoping to go one further than KDS in her tournament debut…"

Blair enters the cage door and takes up position in between the rings and the cage wall. She surveys the competitors in there already and doesn't flinch when Jeffry Mason rattles the cage wall from the other side of it. This elicits a slight smirk from Blair as her music fades out and is replaced by…

Jason Randall gets a loud cheer from the fans in attendance as he appears on stage, but his focus is only on the rings ahead of him.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Randall returns for his second King of the Deathmatch tournament, but he’s been competing in these sorts of match-ups long before this event’s inception. Nobody will be more at home today than ‘the Wildcard’. Todd Salum caught up with Randall earlier today, and he had this to say…"

~~~~

EARLIER TODAY…

The scene shifts to a pre-recorded interview where Todd Salum is standing by with “The Wildcard” Jason Randall.

Todd Salum: “Jason Randall, we’re here at King of the Deathmatch, an event you’re no stranger to. Last year you were eliminated in the first round by Jeffry Mason in an unforgettable match. What are your intentions for this year’s event?”

Jason Randall: “I want to at least get past the first round. Last year didn’t go the way that I would have liked, but this year will be different. I know that’s a cliche thing to say but I mean it. I want this more than anything, I want it more than life itself right now.”

“I hear the doubters say I don’t have it anymore, and I hear the old timers with a podcast like Tim Borenette that say I look like a bum, and I’m a garbage wrestler that wrestles a garbage style like deathmatches. People can say what they want about me though because it doesn’t make a lick of difference. I’m going to keep doing this because it’s the only thing I’ve ever been good at in my life, and I don’t care what anyone else says about me.”

“I don’t know how many more I have left in me though if I’m being honest Todd. I know I mentioned the doubters, but I’ll be honest that I’ve been doubting myself lately. I know I just said that I don’t care what anyone says about me, but maybe they’re right, maybe I don’t have it in me anymore. Like I said though, I’m going to keep doing this till I can’t move anymore. I don’t care who they throw in front of me in the first round whether it’s Jeffry Mason again, Alyster Black, Johnny Johnson, Trixie Bordeaux, it doesn’t matter to me. Whoever it is will have to kill me if they want to make it to the next round because I will not stop until I am the last one standing with that X Championship back in my possession.”

“It’s been far too long since I’ve held some gold, so it’s about time I change that and there’s not a damn thing anyone can do to stop me.”

~~~~

We return to ringside as Natalie lifts the microphone to speak.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And pair number four… first, weighing in at one hundred and twenty pounds… representing the Coven… BLAIR RAVENWOOD!!"

More boos rain down for Blair’s announcement, but it’s water off a duck’s back. Ravenwood rolls under the bottom rope of the second, currently unoccupied ring, moving into a corner to loosen up.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”And her opponent… from San Diego, California and weighing in at two hundred and thirty four pounds… ‘the Wildcard’... JASON RANDALL!!"

Randall has eyes only for Blair, a look of focus etched on his face. His music fades out and is replaced by…

There's a mixed reaction for the next competitor, who has quickly made a name for himself in his short time as an FWA competitor. Colby Sol doesn't break stride as he matches towards the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Colby Sol has made allusions to his entry into this tournament on FWA television over the past few weeks, where he's been causing a stir by picking up nothing but wins. He first defeated La Sombra Filosa and then followed up with another triumph over Madison Gray. Tonight is his first chance to fight for FWA gold, and he looks more than ready."

Colby waits on the outside of the cage, signifying that this is where he'll start the match. He glances at the stage as his music is replaced by…

The audience is somewhat muted for the next entrant, with some cheers as Leafdom appears on stage.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes the peculiar Leafdom, who is still looking for his first win in an FWA ring. There are easier places to get that than Colby Sol, his apparent opponent for this contest. Leafdom looks less than confident about the task ahead of him."

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing match-up number five… first, hailing from the City of Champions Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and weighing in at two hundred and twenty five pounds… ‘the Conjurer’... COLBY SOL!!"

Leafdom stays well clear of Sol as he comes to a halt outside the cage, looking at him warily as the introductions are made.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… from Golarion and weighing in at one hundred and seventy five pounds… LEAFDOM!!"

Colby licks his lips and loosens his joints as the music fades out, the silence filled by…

There are mostly boos as Jack the Clipper appears on the stage, but this only seems to spur him on as he marches with intent towards the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Jack the Clipper came very close to picking up the FWA Television Championship a few weeks ago at Winter Wasteland. I'm sure that success here in the King of the Deathmatch would help him get over that loss, not to mention picking up the FWA X Championship at the end of it. This environment seems a good fit for Clipper, who now awaits his opponent."

Clipper enters one of the rings, which is now looking rather full. He eyes each of the others in turn, his music fading out as he does.

A loud pop accompanies the next entrant, with Xperienx Xtacee encouraging the encouragement as he begins to stride towards the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xperienx Xtacee may have been unsuccessful in his recent foray into the F1 Climaxxx tournament, but hopes his luck will be better here in this single elimination competition. His unconventional style, in my humble opinion, is well-suited to what will surely be an unconventional day of wrestling."

Natalie Rosenberg: "And your sixth pairing… first, from Whitechapel, London and weighing in at two hundred and seventy three pounds… JACK THE CLIPPER!!"

Jack has his eyes fixed upon Xtacee as his introduction is made, with Xperienx more interested in inspecting the myriad of foreign objects arranged at ringside.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… from the right side of the bed in Las Vegas, Nevada and weighing in at one hundred and eighty pounds… XPERIENX XTACEE!!"

The mention of his name seems to bring about a sense of urgency in Xtacee. He turns away from a stack of light tubes propped up against the corner of the cage and rolls into the ring, just as his music fades out.

There’s heavy booing around the rings for ‘the Legend’, who appears on stage with a trademark scowl on his face. He has no time for pleasantries, instead striding down the ramp on his way towards the cage.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Johnny Johnson looks all-business tonight, which has been much of a theme for ‘the Legend’ since his recent return to the FWA. He’s had mixed success thus far, at first recording a big victory over ‘the Prodigy’ Mike Parr at Winter Wasteland, but then tasting defeat in a five-way match at Fallout 037. I wouldn’t want to be Johnson’s opponent in this first round, given the look of determination etched upon his face."

Johnson climbs into one of the two rings and begins to pace, his eyes glancing frequently at the stage.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Not many left…"

There’s a loud and positive home-country reaction for one half of ‘Aka Manto’, as ‘the Crimson Ghost’ appears on stage and makes her way down the ramp.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It hasn’t been plain sailing for Aka Yurei since she returned to the FWA alongside tag team partner Keiko Hirabayashi, thus far recording two defeats in two-on-two matches in 2024. We’ll see how she fares as she turns her attention to singles competition."

Natalie Rosenberg: "Your seventh match-up… first, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and weighing in at two hundred and thirty pounds… ‘the Legend’... JOHNNY JOHNSON!! And his opponent… currently residing in Seattle, Washington and weighing in at one hundred and twenty seven pounds… ‘the Crimson Ghost’... AKA YUREI!!"

Yurei enters the ring in the opposite corner from Johnson, the legend offering her a smirk as he loosens up. Next…

There’s a reasonable pop for Sawyer Xavier, the audience reacting positively for the young man as he walks out onto the stage. He takes a moment to survey his unusual surroundings before making his way towards the cage.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xavier’s most recent run here in the FWA has been somewhat stop-start, with Sawyer not quite able to get a run of momentum over the last few weeks. A victory over Jason Randall at Winter Wasteland was followed up by a loss to Madison Gray the next week. Sawyer will hope to find some semblance of consistency going into today’s tournament. He looks confident, nonetheless. Perhaps he has reason to be: the last time he was in a cage like this was Jailhouse Blues, which was the night on which Sawyer Xavier made his name."

Sawyer enters the cage and climbs into the ring, which is now inhabited by a veritable sea of humanity. His music is replaced by…

There’s a mixed but mostly negative reaction for the sixteenth and final competitor, who has an ominous look about him as he walks out onto the stage. Vengador surveys the small audience before beginning his descent of the ring ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing your eighth and final contest… first, from the Realm of Despair and weighing in at two hundred and fifty pounds… VENGADOR!! And his opponent… from Savannah, Georgia and weighing in at one hundred and seventy six pounds… SAWYER XAVIER!!"

Vengador is the last to enter the cage, and the door is closed and locked behind him.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That’s everyone, folks! Sixteen competitors in or around this gigantic cage, all hoping to be crowned the third King of the Deathmatch! I think we’re about ready, wrestling fans: let’s get this started!"

KODMpurple.jpg

FIRST MATCH || ROUND ONE || 1/60.
Aaron Harrows vs. Jeffry Mason.
Alyster Black vs. XYZ.
Anzu Kurosawa vs. Trixie Bordeaux.
Blair Ravenwood vs. Jason Randall.
Colby Sol vs. Leafdom.
Jack the Clipper vs. Xperienx Xtacee.
Johnny Johnson vs. Aka Yurei.
Sawyer Xavier vs. Vengador.
Cage of Death 8x1v1 Match.
Match writer: SS.
KODMpurple.jpg

<< 00:00. >>

The match starts and is, of course, pandemonium from the very outset. There are six competitors - Colby Sol, Leafdom, Anzu Kurosawa, Trixie Bordeaux, Jeffry Mason, and Aaron Harrows - starting outside the ring, as allocated by random draw before the event. The other ten wrestlers start in one of the two rings inside the cage, with Johnny Johnson immediately charging at Aka Yurei and attempting to take her head off with a clothesline, only for the Crimson Ghost to duck beneath it and nail him with an enziguri! Johnson stumbles back into the ring ropes to catch his breath, but doesn’t have a chance to do so as Xperienx Xtacee whips Jack the Clipper in his general direction, with Jack taking the opportunity to clothesline Johnny out of the ring!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Johnson lands in a heap next to the cage wall, and it’s hard to keep an eye on everything that’s going on here! Blair Ravenwood, one of your compatriots in the Coven, is on the receiving end of some rough stomps in the corner, courtesy of her assigned opponent in this chaotic match in ‘the Wildcard’ Jason Randall."

Grandma Ethel: "She’s been stomped before! Blair’s a tough cookie! Trixie, too… that’s the spirit, Trix’!"

The camera picks up Bordeaux, who is repeatedly smashing Anzu’s head against the side of the steel cage, the veteran offering no response but seemingly smiling a little more widely with each collision. In the background, we see Leafdom sprawl into the barricade thanks to a hard Irish whip from Colby Sol, who proceeds to collect Leafdom by the scruff of the neck and hurl him face-first into the side of the cage! The large clattering noise - as well as the heap of twig and bone that lands on the floor next to her - only breaks up Trixie’s rhythm for a moment, with Bordeaux continuing to repeatedly throw Anzu’s head into the steel.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie Bordeaux is already showing a vicious streak here, making it clear she intends to do better than her outing in KODM2, where she made the second round before defeat to Jeffry Mason."

Grandma Ethel: "Speak of the Devil! Stay away from him, Trix’! He’s bad news!"

Jeffry Mason has arrived near the scene, having just thrown Harrows down onto the ground with a powerslam. Those assembled at ringside clap the deathmatch legend on as he reaches into his pocket… and produces a metal fork!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Looks like Trixie is following your advice, leading Anzu away from the maniacal Mason. She knows all about Jeffry’s destructive relationship with kitchen utensils from last year."

Grandma Ethel: "Shame poor young Aaron doesn’t have that good sense! Where are that boy’s grandparents?!"

Mason has a wild grin as he approaches Harrows, who tries to back away but receives a boot to the face from Jeffry. Mason holds the fork in the air… and then digs it down into Aaron Harrows’ forehead!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That didn’t take long: we’re only a minute into proceedings here and already we get our first sight of the red stuff. Unsurprising that this is thanks to Jeffry Mason, who continues to carve away at his opponent’s head!!"

Grandma Ethel: "And would you look at Leafdom?! He’s climbing! Reminds me of the star jasmine I have around my front door back at home! You go Leafdom! You find that sun!"

Leafdom is indeed climbing in an effort to escape the rampant Colby Sol, who watches his opponent scarper up the side of the cage. Sol eventually shrugs and begins an ascent of his own, hot on Leafdom’s tail! The small crowd erupts as they watch the chase, making enough noise for ten times their number when Leafdom and then Colby reach the roof of the cage. Leafdom backs away from his assigned opponent, who tentatively and then confidently steps across the roof, doubling Leafdom over with a boot to the midsection. Colby applies a front facelock, attempting to take Leafdom over with a suplex, but Leafdom manages to over-rotate and land on his feet. Leafdom goes for an axe kick, but Colby catches his foot before pushing it away…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "SHOTGUN!! Colby Sol takes Leafdom’s HEAD off with that lariat!! And there’s the ankle lock!! He calls the Sol 2 Keep!!"

Only now do we notice that one of the several officials at ringside has climbed up onto the roof with them, owing to this match being falls count anywhere and the team in black and white attempting to keep an eye on everything at once. Leafdom initially is resistant, shaking his head in refusal as the official asks him if he wants to give it up…

… until Colby Sol applies a grapevine, wrenching further on the move!! Leafdom has no chance but to tap!!

Colby Sol defeats Leafdom via submission at 2:36.

<< 05:20. >>

In one of the two rings, XYZ and Alyster Black buck in a collar and elbow tie-up, X managing to push Black across the ring with an exertion of effort before Aly forces X back across the ring in turn. This particular ring has cleared of bodies, with the other six remaining pairings duking it out in the other ring, in the space between the rings and the cage, or outside of the steel structure. As XYZ again begins to force Aly backwards, momentarily getting the better of the test of strength, Aly ducks beneath X’s grasp and applies a rear waistlock, wrenching XYZ over with a German suplex! Black bridges for the cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

XYZ kicks out, with Black immediately applying a grounded side headlock to keep his opponent down. Meanwhile, on the outside, Mason attempts to whip a bloody Harrows into the barricade, but Aaron is able to reverse and send Jeffry into the steel instead! Mason stumbles towards Harrows, who levels him with a forearm strike, and then takes him over on the outside with a Northern Lights suplex! It’s Aaron’s turn to bridge for a pin…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Two very close calls there for two of the most decorated competitors in this style of match, with Alyster Black and Jeffry Mason both escaping at two. And take note of Colby Sol, who has already qualified for the second round but keeps a watchful eye on proceedings from atop the cage."

Grandma Ethel: "Nothing wrong with watching, Jean-Luc! It’s one of my favourite things to do!"

In the ring not currently inhabited by XYZ and Alyster Black, Sawyer Xavier takes it to Vengador with repeated forearms whilst Jason Randall backs Blair Ravenwood into the ropes with knife edge chops. With Vengador propped up against the ring ropes, Sawyer nails him with an exquisite standing dropkick that knocks him over the top rope and to the outside! Meanwhile, Jason charges at Blair and clobbers her over the ropes with a hard short-arm clothesline! Both land in a heap, with Randall and Sawyer turning around to face one another, momentarily freezing as they eye each other up.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "These two men have very recent history, with some backstage interactions leading to a match between Jason Randall and Sawyer Xavier at the recent Winter Wasteland pay-per-view."

The Wildcard and Xavier mouth a few unheard words at one another… and then charge past one another, flying through the ropes with simultaneous suicide dives! Randall collides with Vengador as Xavier crunches into Blair, impaling her against the side of the steel cage! The two former foes are up to their feet at roughly the same time, Xavier hurling Ravenwood into the nearby ring steps as Randall throws Vengador face-down on the apron. The Wildcard heaves Vengador into the ring as Xavier slides in on the opposite side of it. Vengador is up to his knees as Xavier tees him up for a shining wizard!! Vengador slumps down to the mat, with Xavier sending that his moment is here and dragging him back to his feet.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "There’s a real sense of urgency about Sawyer Xavier here as he puts Vengador into position…"

Grandma Ethel: "I’ve always liked the little scamp! I believe this is called the pumphandle. Would never have been allowed, back in my day!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But anything goes in King of the Deathmatch! Xavier drills Vengador with the spinebuster, a move that he calls Lay in Waste. Vengador complies with the instruction… he might be out!"

Xavier hooks the leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Sawyer Xavier defeats Vengador via pinfall at 08:41.

<< 10:51. >>

Aaron Harrows has Jeffry Mason in a front facelock on the outside, maybe looking for a snap suplex on the ringramp, but Mason fights out with right hands to the side, forcing Harrows to release before nailing him with a Yakuza kick! Harrows looks as though he’s going to slump to the ground, but Mason lifts up his dead weight onto his shoulder before running him face first into the steel cage door!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A vicious collision for Aaron Harrows… and the cage door is open! It caved in under the weight of Harrows!"

The door is still on its hinges but is now ajar, with Aaron lying in a heap between it and the cage wall. Jeffry doesn’t blink, grasping the door and proceeding to slam it against Harrows’ knee, which is in perfect position between the frame and the door. He repeats this half a dozen times, Harrows screaming out in agony each time the steel connects with his knee joint.

Meanwhile, Blair Ravenwood has turned the tables on the Wildcard following a low dropkick. She follows up with alternating boxing uppercuts and European uppercuts, before taking Randall by the hand and throwing him across the ring with an Irish whip. The Wildcard hits the turnbuckles hard and bounces back towards Blair, who wipes him out with a running knee strike!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And it looks like Blair Ravenwood is going for an armbar, which Jason Randall wants no part of. The Wildcard is wriggling towards the ropes, which will provide no sanctuary in this anything goes match."

Grandma Ethel: "Atta girl, Blair! An armbar is a little modern for my tastes, but this is a deathmatch!"

Randall gets to the ropes and knows that they will do him no good, proceeding to pull himself out of the ring and onto the outside. He escapes Blair’s clutches and grasps her legs, slingshotting her up throat-first into the bottom rope! He turns the tables in an instant, and immediately fishes under the ring, pulling out a familiar toolbox that gets a cheer from the crowd!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "We saw Jason Randall produce this exact toolbox during 2023’s tournament, when he faced Jeffry Mason in the first round! What’s in his tray of tricks this year?!"

Randall opens the lid and pulls a screwdriver out of the box. He grips the handle, going to that dark place as he turns to face Blair… who lashes out with a second low dropkick, the screwdriver escaping the Wildcard’s grasp and skidding away from the pair.

Back with Aaron Harrows, who has managed to gain some momentary separation from Jeffry Mason by raking his eyes and is now in the process of crawling away from the deathmatch legend whilst clutching his somewhat-mangled leg. He perhaps deliberately crawls in the direction of Trixie Bordeaux, who has just successfully taken Anzu down on the outside with a sit-out jawbreaker followed by a bulldog. Mason follows Harrows, right into Trixie’s path…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Talk about history. These two met as part of last year’s tournament in the second round, and have since faced off in a deathmatch as part of Fallout 036."

Grandma Ethel: "A match that Trix’ won, I might add! Jeffry Mason might be smirking derisively, but he should know better than to take Bellatrix Bordeaux lightly. I happen to know she still has some feelings about the deathmatch legend."

A dark cloud seems to come over Trixie, who sees red and charges at Mason, bowling him backwards with three consecutive forearm strikes! She attempts a short-arm clothesline, but Mason is able to duck beneath it… only for Trixie to hit him when he turns with a kick to the groin! And then a headbutt!

Trixie roars as she pulls Jeffry close again…

… only to be taken out by Anzu with a shotgun dropkick!! Trixie is knocked backwards into the barricade, hitting the steel with the back of her head. Kurosawa picks herself up and collects a nearby kendo stick, proceeding to bring it down over Trixie’s shoulder a half-dozen times, Bordeaux throwing up a hasty guard that does little to stop the kendo stick eventually splintering over her!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Jeffry Mason proved enough of a distraction, and for the first time in this match-up Anzu Kurosawa finds herself on the offense against Trixie Bordeaux. Dear Trix’ doesn’t look in the best shape, Grandma…"

Grandma Ethel: "Don’t be trite, Jean-Luc. It doesn’t suit you."

<< 17:12. >>

Johnny Johnson is in the process of dragging Aka Yurei’s face against the steel meshing on the outside of the ring (but inside the cage). He draws colour from Yurei by the time he lets her go, raising his arms into the air after doing so, a smirk on his face and Aka’s blood staining his white wristbands. He is laughing by the time he hoists Yurei up, applying a front facelock and going for a suplex. Yurei over-rotates, though, and perhaps through nothing more than instinct she’s able to land on her feet. Johnson turns around, Yurei pops him up…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A cutter from Aka Yurei!"

Grandma Ethel: "OUTTA NOWHERE!!"

Yurei lands the move but, after some prolonged offense by Johnson she is unable to follow up immediately. By the time she does, JJ has regained consciousness himself. She takes him by the wrist, attempting to hurl him into the ring steps with an Irish whip… but Johnson uses his weight to shift and reverse, sending Aka hurtling into them instead! Yurei hits them hip-first and lands in a heap on the other side of them! Johnson grabs a handful of her hair and drags her towards the now open door, pulling her onto the outside of the cage…

… just as Colby Sol finishes his descent from the cage roof, landing on the ground next to the door…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Remember that Colby Sol has already secured his entry into the second round but, unlike Sawyer Xavier, he has stayed out here long after defeating his opponent. And now he’s staring a hole in Johnny Johnson."

Johnson throws Aka down to the ground next to him so that he can return Colby’s hard stare. Sol seems to loosen up as he approaches Johnny, now refreshed after making light work of Leafdom atop the cage at the start of this match. Sol looks Johnny Johnson up and down, and his smirk seems to suggest he doesn’t think much of him. With a shake of his head, Colby Sol turns to the ring ramp, and finally makes his retreat from the ringside area.

Johnson watches him go with his hands on his hips… allowing Aka Yurei to creep up from behind him rolling him up with a school-boy!

ONE… TWO… NO!

JJ kicks out, but is immediately struck with a roundhouse kick from the Crimson Ghost, the crowd in her native Japan cheering the sudden offense! Meanwhile, inside the ring, Blair Ravenwood and Trixie Bordeaux have reunited, having been separated by the cage wall at the start of the match. Across the ring from them are Anzu Kurosawa and Jason Randall, who have entered into a hasty alliance with the two members of the Coven now facing them down. Kurosawa and Randall charge in at their opponents, but Trixie and Blair duck the attempted clotheslines, before connecting with stereo spin kicks to the gut, doubling Anzu and Blair over. They both apply front facelocks, perhaps looking to spike Anzu and the Wildcard with DDTs, but both Kurosawa and Randall are able to force their opponents back into opposite corners, proceeding to nail them with shoulder thrusts. Randall and Anzu attempt to Irish whip the witches into one another, but Trixie and Blair reverse, causing Jason Randall and Anzu to collide in the middle of the ring!

Randall is able to duck Blair’s attempted hook kick, and then lashes out with a desperation headbutt that sends Ravenwood reeling. The Wildcard collects her by the scruff of the neck and throws her through the middle and top rope, Blair colliding with the steel ring post with her shoulder. Ravenwood falls onto the outside, with the Wildcard following her out. Anzu has not been so lucky with Trixie’s follow-up attacks, falling victim to a snap DDT, followed by a snapmare and drop kick combo, and then a famouser. Trixie goes for a cover…

ONE… TWO.. NO!

Anzu kicks out, and with Trixie grasping at her she rolls all the way to the outside of the ring. Bordeaux follows her out, not realising that Kurosawa has got a hold of Jason Randall’s discarded screwdriver…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A vicious shot from the head by Anzu Kurosawa!!! She may be all smiles on commentary, but these types of bloodbaths are how Kurosawa became a household name in Japan!"

Trixie recoils from the move, and immediately we see that a nasty cut has opened up above her eye. Anzu follows up by grasping Bordeaux in a front facelock…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "BRAINBUSTAAAAAH! Trixie’s in trouble! Anzu has finished many opponents with that!"

Kurosawa goes for a cover…

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie kicks out! Incredible resilience from Bordeaux!"

Grandma Ethel: "Never doubted it!"

In the other ring, whilst Alyster Black and XYZ continue to exchange holds, Jack the Clipper and Xperienx Xtacee re-enter after what has been an even battle that has sprawled outside the cage and then back into it. Xtacee backs Clipper up into the ropes with a combination of jabs and hooks, before Jack ducks beneath an attempted clothesline designed to send him back onto the outside. Xtacee turns around into a STIFF polish hammer, knocking him down to the mat and allowing Clipper to climb onto the outside.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Jack the Clipper should maybe be going for a cover, but instead he’s fishing under the ring. He retrieves a steel chair, which he slides into the ring, and then a light tube!"

Grandma Ethel: "The first of many today, I hope!"

Clipper slides into the ring with the light tube in his hand, waiting patiently for Xtacee to rise whilst adjusting his grip. When Xperienx has his vertical base, Clipper goes for a huge swing with the tube, which Xtacee evades in Matrix-style. Clipper stumbles but manages to halt before colliding with the corner. He turns around…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A HUGE spinning forearm from Xperienx!! Through the light tube and into Jack! Shards everywhere! Clipper is dazed!"

Grandma Ethel: "But Xperienx doesn’t seem done. You know, despite our issues with Xtacee and his buddies, I’ve always liked his style…"

Xtacee collects Jack the Clipper in position for his ‘Wingclipper’ finisher…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "SENSUAL SENSATION!! Xperienx Xtacee hits it in the middle of the ring!"

Grandma Ethel: "Not that that matters in a falls count anywhere match…"

Xperienx follows up with a mounted pin…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Xperienx Xtacee defeats Jack the Clipper via pinfall at 20:40.

Xtacee celebrates the victory and then stumbles towards the cage door, shook up but doing better than some of those still in the match. When Jack the Clipper comes around, he beats his fist on the mat, visibly frustrated at the defeat as officials tentatively suggest he make his way out of the cage.

<< 24:58. >>

Aka Yurei has Johnny Johnson backed up against a barricade, where she proceeds to lay into him with alternating knife edge and Mongolian chops. The crowd cheers her on as she pulls Johnson away from the barricade in a front facelock, rotating and nailing him with a neckbreaker! She is breathing heavily as she gets to her feet, but then signals that the end is here and drags JJ up to his feet…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Aka is looking for the poison frankensteiner that she calls Vengeful Strike... but Johnson halts her momentum! Yurei is up on his shoulders as he reverses… and throws her into the cage wall! Aka Yurei hits the steel with the back of her neck and lands in a heap near the ring ramp!!"

Johnson smells blood in the water, hoisting Aka up to her feet in an inverted headlock. He drags her off the ground, stepping over towards the unforgiving ring ramp, before slamming her onto it with a Michinoku driver!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "He dubbs that the Greatest Finisher!"

Grandma Ethel: "You can ask poor little Aka why!"

Johnson follows up with a cover…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Johnny Johnson defeats Aka Yurei via pinfall at 26:26.

As Johnson lifts his hands into the air in victory, we shift focus to Trixie Bordeaux, who has just taken Anzu Kurosawa down with a shoulder tackle to the legs. Trixie stands up and sees Jeffry Mason on the other side of the cage wall, who is taking it to Aaron Harrows with a two-by-four wrapped in barbed wire, which he drags back and forth across Harrows’ forehead whilst eye-balling Bordeaux. Trixie drags her eyes from Mason and gets a kick to the gut from Anzu, who drags her into another front facelock…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Anzu maybe looking for another brainbuster… but Trixie Bordeaux reverses with one of her own!! Kurosawa is planted on the top of her head!"

Grandma Ethel: "Not going to do your little meme thing?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Not twice in one match, Grandma. There’s such a thing as oversaturation."

Grandma Ethel: "Then I’ll do it for you… BRAAAAAAINBUUUUUUSTAAAAAAAAHHH!!"

Trixie isn’t done there… she stalks Anzu from behind as Kurosawa drags herself up to a weary vertical base…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "HOCUS POCUS!!! Despite her face being a crimson mask thanks to that ugly cut above Trixie’s eye, she manages to land it!"

Bordeaux heaves Anzu over onto her back after the ‘Zig-Zag’, and hooks the far leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Trixie Bordeaux defeats Anzu Kurosawa at 28:51.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "They’re falling thick and fast here in the Cage of Death! Five people have already booked their places in the second round: Colby Sol, Sawyer Xavier, Xperienx Xtacee, Johnny Johnson, and Trixie Bordeaux. As we approach the half-hour mark, six competitors remain in contention for the last three spots: Alyster Black and XYZ continue to chain wrestle in our left-hand ring, Blair Ravenwood and Jason Randall circle in the right-hand one, and Jeffry Mason stalks Aaron Harrows around the outside of the cage like a madman. The Cage of Death certainly hasn’t disappointed."

Grandma Ethel: "If you’re into that sort of thing…"

<< 31:50. >>

Alyster Black has XYZ up in a fireman's carry in the ring that they've shared for the duration of this match. X kicks out his legs in an attempt to knock Black off balance and escape his clutches, but Aly seems to hold firm as he carries him into the middle of the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It looks like Alyster is going for his patented Death Valley Driver, but XYZ is doing all he can to evade it."

Grandma Ethel: "I've heard all about Death Valley. A dreary place, by all accounts. Can't see this XYZ character fitting in…"

X manages to wriggle his way loose and slide down Alyster’s back, catching Black with a sunset roll-up!

ONE… TWO… NO!

Alyster kicks out, with XYZ winding up for a big discuss lariat, one of his long, gangly arms outstretched… but Aly ducks beneath it and rolls X up with a schoolboy!

ONE… TWO… NO!

XYZ gets a shoulder up!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "These two are another pairing with a history together in the FWA. This isn't the first time that XYZ has challenged for the X Championship and done it against Alyster Black, though he'll be hoping for a different outcome this time around!"

Whilst Jean-Luc opines about their shared history, XYZ takes his turn to duck beneath a lariat from Alyster. X hooks the arms and takes him down with a backslide…

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Aly kicks out and rolls onto his feet, with X seemingly stalling on all fours, allowing Black to pin his shoulders to the mat with a la magistral!

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

As XYZ and Alyster continue to exchange roll-ups, we cut away to the other ring, where Blair Ravenwood wrenches at a single leg Boston crab. With the Wildcard sundered in the middle of the ring, we see over his shoulder as Trixie Bordeaux sets up a table on the outside. It only barely fits in the space between the ring apron and the steel cage. Bordeaux pauses in her rearranging of the furniture when Jeffry Mason again enters her peripherals on the other side of the steel. She scowls at Mason, who laughs in return, before collecting a bundle of light tubes that is propped up against the barricade. This momentary hesitation is enough for Aaron Harrows to regain some wherewithal. Harrows spots the approaching Mason and takes him down with a drop toe hold! In order to stop the bundle of light tubes smashing in his face, Mason falls onto his elbows and forearms. He stifles a scream of pain and then drops the bundle to the ground from a safe height, taking a deep breath as he reflects upon his apparent safety…

… ONLY FOR HARROWS TO DRIVE HIM FACE FIRST INTO THE LIGHT TUBES WITH A DOUBLE FOOT STOMP TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!!

Grandma Ethel: "Good Lord! I thought he was a nice boy!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "The King of the Deathmatch brings it out of people!!"

Meanwhile, inside the ring, XYZ ducks beneath an errant clothesline attempt from Alyster Black and catches him in a crucifix roll up!

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

X is slow to get up, but Black doesn't get up at all. XYZ thinks that perhaps his opponent has been exhausted and approaches… but is caught in a small package!!

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

In the other ring, Trixie has rolled in to join Blair, her table set up on the outside. Ravenwood and Bordeaux take turns to back Randall up into the ropes with chops. They take him by the wrists and whip him into the opposite set, bending forward in unison as if to hit a back body drop… but the Wildcard telegraphs it! He spikes both Blair and Trixie onto their heads with a double DDT!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That might be just the opening that Randall needs! It's two against one in there, but somehow Randall has found a way to even things out!"

Grandma Ethel: "Come on, girls!"

Randall is unable to immediately follow up, instead staggering into a corner as the two members of the Coven rise on the opposite side of the ring. Blair is the first to do so, charging in at Randall, who hoists her over the ropes with a back body drop of his own. She lands on the apron, allowing Randall to focus on Trixie whilst Blair finds her footing. Randall strides towards Bordeaux, doubles her over with a boot to the midsection, and then nails her with a stunner!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A little old school Jason Randall there! Trixie is laid out by the stunner!"

Grandma Ethel: "But it’s not Trixie that he needs to cover…"

Randall knows this, too, and approaches Blair on the apron. Ravenwood clutches him by the scruff of the neck when he gets to her, bringing him down throat-first over the top rope! Randall slumps to the mat, and Blair wastes no time in dragging him out onto the apron. The Wildcard is on all fours when Blair hits him with a stiff kick to the side of the head, and then plants him on the top of it with an elevated DDT!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Jason Randall might be out already, but Blair now takes the time to lay him out atop the table on the outside."

After finishing this task, Blair slides back into the ring, rousing Trixie, who is only just coming to after the stunner from Randall. Ravenwood points out to her downed opponent on the outside and utters some excited words in Trixie’s direction, who nods her head dutifully. Blair backs Trixie into the ropes near Randall on the outside, whips her into the opposite set, and then launches the reapproaching Bordeaux up and over the top rope… and she splashes down hard on Randall through the table!!

Grandma Ethel: "There it is, Jean-Luc! The Pop-Up Splash!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And from that height, through a table, the pinfall is academic! Trixie almost brushed the roof of the cage in that move!"

Blair is quick to climb out of the ring, dragging Trixie out of the way so that she can apply a cover…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Blair Ravenwood defeats Jason Randall via pinfall at 35:03.

The camera doesn’t remain on Blair’s celebration for long, instead shifting to the only occupied ring as XYZ bundles Alyster forwards into the ropes, rolling backwards with him with an O’Connor Roll…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Black kicks out with such force that XYZ stumbles forward, the masked man able to reply to X’s O’Connor Roll with an Oklahoma Roll of his own…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

It’s XYZ’s turn to forcefully kick out, Alyster knocked forward across the ring. By the time Black has turned back towards X, he is already leaping into the air, landing on the back of Black’s shoulders. It’s a Victory Roll, X grabbing both legs and sitting far back to anchor Alyster’s shoulders down…

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!

Another kickout from Black, with the former X Champion seeing enough of an opening for him to pin XYZ’s shoulders down with an inside cradle…

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!

Both men attempt to rise, but it’s Aly who is slower, and he appears to lose his footing before he has a vertical base… allowing XYZ to go for an elaborate pinning set-up that catches Alyster off-guard…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Mousetrap! XYZ with the mousetrap!!"

ONE… TWO… …

… THREE!

And Alyster kicks out just after, but it’s a moment too late!

XYZ defeats Alyster Black via pinfall at 36:20.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "He got him! A huge scalp for XYZ, who avenges his defeat at Back in Business 2022, where he lost to Alyster Black in the X4 tournament, which was in many ways a precursor to the King of the Deathmatch itself."

Grandma Ethel: "Yes, a lovely story, Jean-Luc. Well, it appears we’re leaving. It’s been nice. I don’t doubt we’ll do it again. Until then…"

The two members of the Coven, both safely through to round two, pass by the announce table, with Grandma Ethel rising from it and joining her younger contemporaries. The three of them pass by Aaron Harrows, who has just thrown Jeffry Mason into the side of the cage, and is now taking a breather near the desk. Harrows lets them go by, exchanging a narrowed glance at each of them in turn, his eyes lingering on Trixie the longest as his one-time tag team partner passes by.

<< 38:01. >>

Harrows and Mason are the only two competitors left in the match, and Aaron has managed to shift the momentum in his favour following the double foot stomp. He's just hit a snap suplex on the outside, and he lifts Mason up again in a side headlock.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Looks like we might be about to see Harrows’ first Oscar of the evening. Usually, that headlock driver spells the end for his opponent…”

Jeffry Mason is wise to it, though, applying a rear waist lock and driving Harrow forward into the cage wall… before planting him with a side suplex! Harrows looks a mess, his head bloody following the attack with Mason's fork, and his leg still in bad shape following its repeated bludgeoning with the cage door. Jeffry looks down at his prone prey, and then eyes up the announce table directly in front of him.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”No, not here! I'm trying to keep it nice for Anzu!”

Mason doesn't care about Watkins’ best-laid plans, immediately throwing the monitors, notes, and wires off the top of the announce desk, which is bigger and bulkier than the other table seen so far. Then, he grabs Aaron and throws him up onto the table, following him up and - although it seems like a precarious perch - hammers into Harrows with a series of forearm strikes. Jeffry Mason has Harrows up on the cleared announce table, and drags his head into position between his legs. He signals that it’s the end, perhaps intending to hoist Aaron up for a powerbomb…

… but Aaron Harrows lashes out with a low blow!! He shows he’s no stranger to dirty tactics himself, and he hooks onto Mason with a headlock…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Oscar Number 1! Through the announce desk!!"

The crowd erupts as the table explodes, the camera struggling to find Mason and Harrows amongst the debris. It finally does shortly after the referee, with Aaron draping an arm over Jeffry amidst the wreckage…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Aaron Harrows defeats Jeffry Mason via pinfall at 40:59.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “It’s over! And, in this announcer’s opinion, not a second too soon! What a chaotic opening contest…”

Aaron Harrows gets to his feet, slowly and gingerly, nursing the wounds sustained over the last forty minutes. He stumbles back into the barricade, using it for support as blood trickles down from a myriad of open wounds.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Fortunately for Aaron Harrows, and the rest of the successful competitors from the Cage of Death, he’ll have some time now to recover before the second round matches. And that’ll give the crew some time to clear up this mess, too, which has already got underway around me.”

In a wide shot, we see a large number of FWA staff clearing away the debris from the previous contest. The crane has been reattached to the gigantic cage and is in the process of being raised once again.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Jesus, there’s glass everywhere. Where’s catering?”

FtBMD7I.png

The feed shifts to show XYZ getting ready for his quarterfinals match against Blair Ravenwood, the same person who approached him about usurping Kleio de Santos in The Coven. X is in his personal area, where he gets dressed and mentally ready. It’s not so much a locker room as it is just a space for him to use with some trees and shrubs blocking public view.

X is tying the green cape around his neck when Sierra approaches.

“Good. I’m glad you’re not naked.”

“Only those with no morals are truly naked.”

“Well … on the note of morals … have you decided what you’ll do regarding Blair’s offer and Kleio de Santos?”

“I have not. The pros of the cons and the cons of the pros weigh heavy on my pupils and irises. I’m sure you’re here to offer your opinion.”

“Well, since you asked …”

“Uh-huh.”

Sierra smirks as X looks down to the ground.

“I think …”

She pauses.

“I think you should stay true to yourself, X. I know what I would do. I know what Frank would do. What Wild J would do. What Christian would do. But what will you do? You should do what you should do, X.”

X looks at Sierra with a hint of surprise.

“I’ve been told I am the master of not speaking clearly, and even I am impressed with that last line, Sierra.”

Sierra gives X a pat on the shoulder and leaves him to his final moments of prep.

FtBMD7I.png

The 300 fans in attendance, already on their feet due to the lack of seating arrangements, cheers excitedly as Trixie walks out from behind the curtain. Much like in the opening round, Trixie does not seem like her usual, excitable self. Hell, Trixie doesn’t look even remotely concerned about the concept of entering such a violent environment as she walks to the ring, the cut above her eye inflicted to her by Anzu in the opening match still leaking a little blood.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing first, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana… weighing in at one-hundred and twenty pounds… she is one third of the FWA Trios Champions… TTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXIEEEEEEEE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDEAUX!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I dunno what, but there’s something off about Trixie. She’s walking into arguably the most hostile environment in professional wrestling, DEATHMATCH RULES, as though she’s just taking a nice stroll on the beach. Trixie is someone who has always wore her heart on her sleeve, Anzu, but right here, right now… I dunno, it’s like there’s nothing there!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "You’re right, Jean-Luc, something seems to have changed in Trixie. We’ve watched her in these kinds of environments before, and one thing that has always been present has been the obvious fear in her eyes. The nerves of walking into an environment like this, not really knowing if you’re gonna be able to walk back out, and right now, it look like she has absolutely NO fear whatsoever. NONE… and that may or may not be a good thing."

Trixie walks up the steps and enters the ring, looking around at the fans in attendance, who’re all holding up their weapons, excited at the prospect of their weapon being chosen to cause unimaginable pain to one of the participants in this match.

Aaron Harrows’ music hits to a big pop from the crowd, having more than earned their respect with his effort in the opening round, as he limps out from behind the curtain, his leg still in a bad way after what Jeffry Mason did to it in the Cage of Death Match.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Aaaaaaaaaaaand her opponent, from Gold Coast, Australia… weighing in at two-hundred and eighteen pounds… he is ‘The Top Star’, AARON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARROWS!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And here comes the returning Aaron Harrows, who to the shock of basically EVERYONE, managed to pin one of the favourites to win the entire tournament in Jeffry Mason during the Cage of Death Match in the opening round, which earned him a spot in this, the first match of the Quarter-Finals."

Anzu Kurosawa: "It’s also worth noting, Jean-Luc, that Aaron Harrows went the full distance during that match. Over 40 minutes locked in a cage with Jeffry fucking Mason after your blood is enough to end many a career, and yet Aaron Harrows not only managed to survive that, but he actually managed to BEAT Jeffry Mason, and book his place in the Quarter-Finals. But, as he limps out onto the stage, you have to ask… at what cost?"

Despite the obvious pain as he limps to the ring, with his head and leg heavily bandaged after enduring 40-minutes of Jeffry Mason, Aaron Harrows actually has an excited smile on his face as he makes his way down to the ring, waving at his good friend Trixie, with whom he teamed with during their unsuccessful Buddy Bowl campaign. Trixie doesn’t return the gesture, however, but Harrows doesn’t notice this as he gingerly hops up the steps on one leg and enters the ring.

KODMpurple.jpg

SECOND MATCH || SECOND ROUND || 1/30.
Aaron Harrows vs. Trixie Bordeaux.
Fans Bring the Weapons Deathmatch.
Match writer: Welshy.
KODMpurple.jpg

The bell rings and both Aaron and Trixie stare at each other from across the ring. Despite his extensive injuries, ‘The Top Star’ has a relieved smile on his face as he looks at Trixie, before limping towards her with his hands held up in a non-threatening way.

Aaron Harrows: "Hey Trixie! Wassup!?"

Trixie doesn’t react. She just stares at her Buddy Bowl friend stone-faced.

Aaron Harrows: "Look, I’m a little banged up right now, and I don’t really wanna hurt you too badly since we’re buddies, so why don’t we just forget about all the weapons and blood and just have a nice, friendly wrestling match, eh?"

Trixie ponders Aaron’s idea while Aaron awaits her response hopefully. After a moment, while the crowd gives an impatient boo, Trixie lets out a smile… an extremely creepy, almost soulless smile, before reaching out her hand in a gesture of goodwill.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Perhaps unsurprisingly, these two friends and former tag partners seem to have agreed to have a friendly, weapon-free match."

Anzu Kurosawa: "But, I WANNA SEE THEM TEAR EACH OTHER APART!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "There’ll be plenty of that in this tournament, Anzu. I for one wouldn’t mind seeing a nice, clean contest between these two!"

Ecstatic that Trixie agrees, Aaron shakes Trixie’s hand and embraces her in a hug. Trixie’s smile fades almost instantly as Aaron hugs her, and, after a moments’ more consideration….

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And Trixie KNEES HARROWS IN THE PEE-PEE!"

The crowd goes wild, partly in shock that Trixie OF ALL PEOPLE would do something like that to one of her friends, but mostly… they just wanna see somebody suffer!

Anzu Kurosawa: "YES TRIXIE! NOW BUST HIM UP!"

Aaron drops to his knees, clutching his scrotum and looking up at Trixie with a betrayed expression.

Aaron Harrows: "I-I thought we were friends-"

AND TRIXIE KNEES HARROWS STRAIGHT IN THE FACE!

Aaron crumbles to the floor and Trixie looks to end this early! COVER!

One…

Two…

…THRE-NO! Aaron gets his shoulder up just in time!

<< 05:31. >>

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie has been relentless from the get go in this one. The way she’s going after Harrows, you’d swear he was her mortal enemy!"

Having not properly recovered from the cheap shot to the testis, or his war with Jeffry Mason in the first round, Aaron Harrows has been on the defensive the entire match thus far, desperate to create some distance between himself and the seemingly demented hellhound that is determined to tear him limb from limb.

Both competitors are on the outside of the ring as Aaron ducks as Trixie swings a shovel that she had taken from one audience member, narrowly missing Aaron’s skull! Having created an opening, Harrows kicks Trixie in the mid-section, causing her to drop the shovel. Unfortunately, with Aaron’s leg still in a bad way after Jeffry had mangled it in the cage door, the kick seemed to hurt him more than her, as Aaron collapsed to the floor, clutching his leg.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Harrows is in a bad way right now, Watkins. Even his offense is causing him excruciating pain!"

Seeing Aaron clutching his leg, Trixie decides to make that weak point her target as she grabs ‘The Top Star’ by the ankle of his bad leg. Harrows, desperate to get away, grabs the curtain on the side of the ring and uses it to try to drag himself under the ring. Trixie keeps hold of Aaron, but having basically 100lbs on her, Aaron is the far stronger of the two as he manages to drag himself halfway under the ring. After a moment, Trixie seemingly begins to win this tug of war, as she pulls Aaron back out into the open, and-AARON HARROWS SPRAYS TRIXIE IN THE EYES WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "An ingenious counter by Harrows! TRIXIE’S BLIND!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Harrows spent months training with a fire department in preparation for his role as ‘Fire Fighter #9’ in Sami Raimi’s Spider-Man 1! All that training just came in handy for him!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I’m pretty sure Harrows wasn’t even born when that movie was filmed, Anzu."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Such is the unparalleled range that Harrows has as an actor!"

With Trixie clutching her eyes in agony, completely unable to see, Aaron Harrows manages to drag himself up to his feet, before snatching a gun from one of the audien-A GUN!?

Jean-Luc Watkins: "OH FUCK, HARROWS HAS A GUN! RUN FOR COVER!"

Aiming the M4 Assault Rifle at the still blind Trixie, Harrows yells ’SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!’ in THE WORSE Cuban accent of all time, before pulling the trigger… AND TRIXIE GETS PELTED WITH BBs as she tries to cover up! Trixie screams in pain as the pellets from the high-powered Airsoft gun bounces off Trixie’s arms and torso, causing several small red welts to form all over Trixie’s upper body, before eventually, Harrows runs out of ammo. Not ready to discard the gun, Aaron wields the gun by the barrel and swings with everything he’s got, with the corner of the stock bouncing off Trixie’s head, reopening up the cut just above her eye! As blood pours out of the reopened gash, Trixie drops to the floor in a heap!

Being falls count anywhere, and seeing victory within his reach, Aaron Harrows wasted no time in going for the cover!…

One…

Two…

…THRE-NO! Trixie gets the shoulder up!

Seeing Trixie begin to stir, Aaron mounts her and begins to unload with a series of rights and lefts all the while yelling…

Aaron Harrows: "God dammit! I JUST WANTED A NICE FRIENDLY MATCH, TRIX!"

… before Trixie manages to push him off her. With Aaron’s strikes seemingly only serving to help Trixie regain some of her wits, she scrambles dazedly to her feet and looks around for Aaron. With her vision still blurred, Trixie struggles to find Aaron, before noticing a figure standing on the top turnbuckle, as Aaron stands with a blue LIGHTSABER clutched in his hands!

Aaron Harrows: "IT’S OVER TRIXIE! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!"

Aaron declares, as he eyes down Trixie. Having shaken the cobwebs loose, Trixie stares up at Harrows with hatred in her eyes.

Trixie Bordeaux: “You underestimate my power…"

Aaron Harrows: "Don’t try it…"

As Aaron expertly delivers his line, Trixie takes a LEGO DEATH STAR from a child in the crowd and LAUNCHES IT AT HARROWS! Lego bricks fly everywhere as the Death Star disintegrates into a million pieces over Harrows’ head and knocks him off the top rope and sends him crashing back into the ring!

<< 11:21. >>

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And Harrows ducks the lightsaber strike, GERMAN SUPLEX BY HARROWS!"

The lightsaber flies out of Trixie’s grasp as Harrows throws her halfway across the ring, with Trixie landing head and back first on several LEGO pieces, causing her to writhe in agony as she clutches the back of her head. Having dropped Trixie, Aaron takes the moment to look around at the audience, taking stock of their barbaric offerings. Seeing something that sparks an idea, Harrows rolls out of the ring and grabs…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Is-… IS THAT A SWORD!?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Uh… I think Aaron Harrows is legitimately trying to kill Trixie! First a gun, now a sword!?"

Aaron admires the beauty of the sword for a moment, before rolling back into the ring. Trixie rolls onto her stomach, trying to lift herself back up to her feet. As Trixie manages to lift herself to her hands and knees, Aaron stands over her and raises the sword high, ready to bring it down across Trixie’s neck!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "No-NO! HE’S GONNA FUCKING DECAPITATE TRIXIE! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!"

Aaron Harrows: "I HAVE THE POOOOWEEER!"

And, with this declaration, Harrows brings the sword down… AND THE SWORD bends flimsily as it connects with Trixie’s neck!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Wai-IT’S A FAKE! IT’S MADE OF RUBBER!"

Aaron looks down in shock and sees Trixie staring back at him with murderous intent, having just realised that Harrows just attempted to behead her!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie does not look too pleased right now, Anzu…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Aaron’s tried shooting her and beheading her. At this stage, I don’t blame her!"

Aaron, realising that the weapon he’s holding is completely useless, gulps fearfully as Trixie climbs to her feet and stares a hole through him. Aaron drops the useless rubber sword, and… TRIXIE AND HARROWS START TRADING FISTS! Each clutching the back of the other’s neck, Trixie and Harrows unloads with a series of punches, with Harrows intelligently repeatedly aiming for Trixie’s mangled eye!

Aaron gets the upper hand in the exchange of fists and drives Trixie backwards into the ropes, before launching Trixie across the ring with a belly-to-belly suplex! ‘The Top Star’ gestures to a fan who holds a steel chair to toss it into the ring, which the fan does excitedly. Picking up the chair, Aaron looks to end this match as he lines Trixie up… Aaron swings AND MISSES as Trixie ducks the chair shot and rolls behind Harrows, looking to hit her finish… HOCUS POCUS-NO! Harrows manages to grab the top rope, causing Trixie to roll backwards, and Harrows swings with the chair again, but Trixie goes low and connects with a dropkick to Aaron’s mangled leg! Harrows drops the chair and collapses to the ground, clutching his injured leg as Trixie climbs to her feet and picks up the chair that Harrows had attempted to drive into her skull.

Trixie stares down at Harrows, and more specifically, his injured leg. She clutches the chair upside down, before DRIVING THE TOP OF THE CHAIR DOWN ONTO HARROWS’ INJURED LEG! Again, and again, and AGAIN!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "TRIXIE IS DESTROYING HARROWS’ LEG WITH THE CHAIR! He’s supposed to be her friend!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "I think Trixie has decided that winning means more to her than her friendship with Harrows, Jean-Luc."

Trixie continues her relentless barrage with the chair to Harrows’ leg, with The Top Star’s screams of agony only serving to further motivate this once sweet young woman to continue the torturous assault. Only when Trixie’s arms began to tire did she relent, as Harrows’ tried desperately to get away from the monster that he shares the ring with. Trixie walks between Harrows and the ropes, blocking his escape path, and with nowhere to go as Trixie stood directly above him, Harrows uses Trixie’s body to attempt to get to his foot. Managing to get to a knee, Harrows looks up at Trixie and says.

Aaron Harrows: "I thought we were friends…"

Trixie looks down at Harrows, her expression stony and uncaring. She backs up, causing Harrows to lose his grip on her belt and fall onto his hands and knees. Managing to lift himself back up to his knees, Aaron says again.

Aaron Harrows: "I thought we were frie-"

He doesn’t even get to finish his sentence, as Trixie brings the chair crashing down onto Aaron’s skull, with the chair wrapping itself around his neck. Aaron is out cold as his body slowly falls forward, face-planting the canvas. Removing the chair from his neck and rolling over, Trixie goes for the cover…

One…

Two…

… THREE!

Trixie Bordeaux defeats Aaron Harrows via pinfall at 15:32.

As Trixie lifts herself off of Aaron’s unconscious body and climbs to her feet, a team of medical personal enters the ring to check on the battered movie star, with Trixie staring down at her former Buddy Bowl partner, and ‘friend’, with a worrying lack of concern on her face for her Two Wrongs Make a Right teammate.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And the winner of the match, by PINFALL… Trixie BORDEAUX!!"

The referee raises Trixie’s hand in victory as her gaze finally leaves Harrows, who’s slowly regaining consciousness after the sickening chairshot to the skull.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Despite Aaron Harrows’ attempts at the opening bell to make this a friendly contest between buddies, Trixie Bordeaux advances to the semi-finals after a match that was anything BUT friendly, Anzu."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Yeah, I don’t think Trixie and Harrows are gonna be on the best of terms after that, Jean-Luc."

As the medical staff tend to Harrows, Trixie takes one last look at her fallen friend as she walks passed, while Aaron, having regained consciousness, stares dazedly back at her, before Trixie exits the ring and makes her way to the back, not even bothering to turn back around to check on her ‘friend’.

FtBMD7I.png

The show continues as we switch to a scene away from the confines of where the KODM tournament is taking place. We see the view down along a beach at the edge of the Pacific Ocean. There are storm clouds in the background, coming in from the ocean. Standing there is Johnny Johnson. At the water’s edge, waves crash in front of him. The water stopping short of his feet by mere inches. The camera closes in, tightening the shot for a close-up with Johnny. He stares out towards the endless horizon that is the Pacific Ocean, with a look of anger and determination.

Johnny Johnson: There is a famous saying, “Our wills and fates do so contrary run. That our devices are still overthrown”. I can think of no other phrase more fitting for what has occurred on my voyage. I traveled halfway across the globe to overthrow a flawed individual, named Tommy Bedlam I did believe it was my fate to finally have our paths cross. Yet it seems that destiny is as flawed and frail as you, Tommy.

Few might believe you were somehow faking this injury of yours and trying to avoid me. Yet, I am no fool. I know you wouldn’t have passed this chance up to face me in that ring, especially in a match where the design of it is to bestow as much violence upon your opponent as possible. I tried to set the trap, as I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist. I know you Tommy Bedlam, I know you because we’re very similar. Now, however, now you let me at the altar like a scorned bride.

Johnny pauses for a second, tilting his head back, taking a deep breath, and closing his eyes as he does so. He exhales, opens his eyes as he does, and faces back towards the open water.

Johnny Johnson: And like a scorned bride another suitor has caught my eye. Aaron Harrows! I have heard that you have big shoes to fill. Especially in my eyes. You see Aaron, most of these idiots that have volunteered to be in this tournament think the prize is either the X-title or being known as the King of the Deathmatch. For me, that isn’t why I traveled all this way. NO, no, sir. I have come for one man, and to destroy that man. Now that you are seemingly that man’s replacement the bullseye is on you.

A sneer appears on Johnny’s face as he lets out a chuckle.

Johnny Johnson: I know what you’re saying, there is a chance that you won’t have to be in that ring at any point in this tournament. However, I know that fate is on my side. My destiny was to spill the blood of just one man, my destiny would not lead me astray, at least not completely. Aaron Harrows, you will loathe the day you chose to volunteer to attempt to fill the shoes of Tommy Bedlam. I will make sure of that.

FtBMD7I.png

As ‘One Headlight’ plays, XYZ makes his way out from behind the curtain to a large and warm reception from the bloodthirsty crowd.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing first, from Sitka, Alaska… weighing in at one-hundred and eighty pounds… X… YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY… ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!"

The Alphabet Man looks serious yet confident, knowing full well the environment that he’s about to once again thrust himself into in the hopes of achieving his dream, as he makes his way to the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Well, XYZ must be feeling pretty great about himself, right now, having defeated Alyster Black in the Cage of Death match earlier today. Overcoming a former KODM winner, and two-time FWA World Champion in the opening round must do wonders for your confidence heading into the rest of the tournament."

Anzu Kurosawa: "It sure will, Jean-Luc. A win of that magnitude, against inarguably one of the favourites heading into this tournament will only serve to bolster XYZ’s resolve as he continues his crusade through the tournament… and I’ve a feeling that he’s gonna need every bit of that resolve in this match."

XYZ’s music fades as he enters the squared-circle and turns his attention back towards the curtain, awaiting his opponent…

'Take Me To Church' hits as Blair Ravenwood walks from behind the curtain with a playfully menacing grin on her face as she eyes her opponent.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent, from Lock Haven, Pennsylvania… weighing in at one-hundred and twenty pounds… BLLLLLLAIR RRRRRRRRRRAVENWOOOOOOOOOOOD!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You might be right, Anzu. With the look in Blair’s eyes as she eyes up XYZ, he may indeed need every bit of that built up resolve if he’s to make it through this Deathmatch victorious."

Blair checks out several of the fun toys that the fans have brought, smiling mischieviously as she imagines all of the pain that she could cause with such things, before she makes her way up the steps and joins her opponent in the ring, before she winks playfully at XYZ, who doesn’t react.

KODMpurple.jpg

THIRD MATCH || SECOND ROUND || 1/30.
Blair Ravenwood vs. XYZ.
Match writer: Welshy.
KODMpurple.jpg

The bell rings as both competitors circle each other, XYZ laser-focus and Blair giggling menacingly, before the two lock up. XYZ, holding a considerable weight advantage, forces Blair back into the corner, before respectfully backing off and beckoning Blair to try once again.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Well, I would just like to inform everyone watching that Deathmatch rules ARE in effect, in case you were confused by XYZ following standard protocol for a regular match… yeah, I don’t think I agree with this strategy from XYZ, Anzu."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Well, I seriously doubt that Blair would show the same courtesy to XYZ, but hey, I’ve been wrong before!"

Blair smiles at 'The Alphabet Man' as she slowly steps towards him once more, signaling for a lock up. XYZ obliges and the two look to lock up once more, but Blair ducks around and winds up behind XYZ, before powering him up and slamming him to the mat with a picture perfect takedown! XYZ quickly scrambles as Blair looks to keep control, and thus instigates a technical wrestling masterclass from both competitors as the two jockeys for position, with neither being able to get an advantage as the two quickly scamper back to their feet and face off once more.

Blair laughs as she applauds XYZ’s efforts, looking like she’s having fun with a friend, before taunting XYZ to 'bring it' once again. XYZ steps forward, ready to lock up again, but Blair kicks XYZ in the stomach as he lunges forward! Blair follows this up with a barrage of right hands to the face that sends XYZ backing up into the corner as he tries to cover up, before Blair runs to the opposite corner and charges back towards her opponent, nailing him with a running knee to the face in the corner! XYZ drops to the canvas and Blair rushes in for a pin attempt…

One…

Tw-NO! XYZ kicks out!

<< 04:25. >>

Jean-Luc Watkins: "These two have surprisingly kept this match in the ring, and most notably, weapon-free in the early going, Anzu… maybe they’re both thinking about their health should they win and make it to the semi-finals?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "That would be a smart move, Jean-Luc… but probably not the most popular strategy for the fans in attendance though, ME INCLUDED!"

XYZ Irish whips Blair into the ropes, before following her and attempting to clothesline over the ropes and out to the sandy floor, but Blair sees him coming and just in the nick of time, she pulls the top rope down and XYZ’s momentum sends him tumbling to the beach floor! Luckily, thanks to the soft landing, he is able to quickly scramble to his feet, just in time to see Blair launching herself over the top rope with an insane dive! Unfortunately for Blair, XYZ manages to get out of the way, and he swats Blair to the ground, with the witch crashing head and neck first onto the ground!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "OH MY GOD, BLAIR RAVENWOOD MAY HAVE JUST BROKEN HER DAMN NECK!!"

Seeing Blair motionless on the ground, XYZ rolls her over and goes for the cover…

One…

Two…

…THREE-

Jean-Luc Watkins: "-NO! BLAIR RAVENWOOD GETS THE SHOULDER UP!!"

XYZ looks down at Blair with no small amount of shock that she managed to kick out after a crash landing like that. He climbs to his feet and looks around as the rabid audience offers him a great variety of weapons. He considers for a moment, before deciding against turning this match into a bloodbath. He grabs Blair by her injured neck and lifts her to her feet, before-BLAIR RAVENWOOD LAUNCHES A HANDFUL OF SAND INTO XYZ’s EYES! 'The Alphabet Man' releases his grip as Blair stumbles back to the ground, still dazed after her fall. She has enough time to get some of her wits back, before getting up and charging at XYZ, pushing him face first into the ring post!

With XYZ down, Blair clutches her neck once more, before noticing the many weapons being offered by the fans. Blair considers for a moment, but unlike XYZ, Blair takes them up on their offerings as XYZ climbs to his feet dazedly, with sand still in his eyes… AND BLAIR RAVENWOOD BREAKS A WOODEN CHAIR OVER XYZ’S HEAD! 'The Alphabet Man' is down, busted wide open on the forehead, and seemingly out as Blair makes the cover!

One…

Two…

… THRE-NO! XYZ GETS THE SHOULDER UP!

Blair clutches her neck and laughs as she climbs gingerly to her feet. Lifting XYZ up, she drags him over to the announce table and slams his head into it once, twice, and thrice! XYZ stumbles back to the ground as Blair clears off the top of the announce table…

'Move your ass, loser,' Blair says smugly to Anzu, who scowls as she repositions herself away from their likely soon to be destroyed table.

As Blair is preoccupied with taunting Anzu, XYZ manages to get to his feet to where, when Blair turns back around, XYZ lifts her up and slams her onto the announce table with a spinebuster! The table doesn’t break, but makes a sickening noise as Blair’s body is slammed into it. XYZ crawls onto the table, and Blair, and makes the cover…

One…

Two…

… THR-NO! Blair once again shows her metal!

<< 09:53. >>

Both competitors are back in the ring, as XYZ uses the ropes to climb his feet, and BLAIR LAUNCHES A STEP-LADDER AT XYZ’s HEAD! The metal ladder bounces off of XYZ’s cranium and he falls backwards into the ropes, rebound off them, and-

Jean-Luc Watkins: "SHINING WITCH BY BLAIR! XYZ IS OUT COLD!"

XYZ drops to the canvas after Blair nailed him with her finish, and Blair crawls for the cover!

One…

Two…

… THREE!-NO!

Anzu Kurosawa: "AND BY SOME MIRACLE, XYZ KICKS OUT! And by the look on Blair’s face, she’s in just as much shock as I am!"

Blair had just nailed XYZ with a ladder to the head, followed by her signature move, and yet SOMEHOW, XYZ found a way to kick out! Taking a moment to compose herself, an impressed smile forms on Blair’s face as she pats XYZ on the shoulder in a gesture of 'well done', before climbing to her feet and gesturing for one of the fans to toss her their weapon, to which they gleefully oblige, and Blair catches the weapon - a steel chain - before wrapping it around her fist as XYZ once again uses the ropes to climb to his feet. Blair readies herself as XYZ turns around, and throws her intended match-ending blow-AND XYZ DUCKS-ROLLUP BY XYZ!

One…

Two…

… THRE-NO! Blair manages to escape the pin attempt!

Blair is quicker to her feet, and she charges at XYZ, who uses the ropes once more to rise off the canvas, and XYZ manages to once more dodge Blair’s chain punch and lifts her up and sends her throat first onto the top rope with a flapjack! Blair drops the chain as she drops backwards, landing back first onto the step-ladder, clutching her throat and neck as XYZ climbs to the top turnbuckle and proceeds to walk gingerly across the top rope, nearly falling several times before he steadies himself, bounces and flips off the ropes, looking for his signature Front-Flip Springboard Leg Drop, and HE CONNECTS! His leg lands across Blair’s neck, which had been hanging over the end of the step-ladder!

XYZ rolls Blair off the ladder and makes the cover!

One…

Two…

… THREE!

XYZ defeats Blair Ravenwood via pinfall at 12:06.

XYZ rolls off of his opponent and has his hand raised into the air. He then looks down to Blair and helps her up, a sign that he might be aligning himself and the rest of The Menage with her.

XYZ: 'You fought hard and well, Blair Ravenwood.'

Blair Ravenwood: 'Thank you. I …'

XYZ: 'But … I am not one who makes moves in the shadows. I face head on.'

XYZ leaves the ring, leaving Blair to another shot of disappointment, as X seemingly gave his answer to her offer. He does not turn back around, heading for the exit as he has moved to the semifinals.

FtBMD7I.png

We head backstage a short while after the first match, where we see Todd Salum standing in front of a wall backstage.

Todd Salum: ”Welcome back to the third annual King of the Death Match. Coming off of a hard-fought victory, here is Sawyer Xavier.”

Sawyer Xavier walks into frame, clearly bruised. His cut strand of hair was stained partially with blood. He gives a death glare into the camera.

Todd Salum: ”I’d like to be the first to extend a congratulations on your victory earlier tonight. How are you feeling?”

Sawyer’s eyes look completely dull, as he snatches the mic from Todd, leaving Todd looking a little frustrated at losing control of the mic.

Sawyer Xavier: ”I feel empty. I feel empty because this one victory doesn’t matter. None of these victories will matter unless one of them ends with me as the winner of this entire tournament. Let me start off with a little story.

The first match I ever watched was a hardcore match back in 2006. I should have been mortified, watching blood seep from these guys skulls. But I admired them. They were willing to kill themselves to grasp oppurtunity. It didn’t matter how much punishment they took, how much blood they lost, how many nails and tacks were inserted into their bodies. They risked their own livelihood just for the chance to win gold.

Flash forward to today and I stand alongside them. I am willing to break my entire body just for the prize of winning this tournament. However, if I made it this far and put my entire body through hell just to fall when it matters the most, what’s the point? This tournament is the culmination of my entire lives work. I’ve burned so many bridges that I will never be able to cross again just for the chance to even sniff the X Championship.

So, I feel empty because until I am crowned king, I am nothing but a stepping stone to everyone else, and everyone else is a stepping stone to me. My efforts won’t matter unless I walk out victorious, because I have nobody but myself. There is nobody who’s going to be proud of me regardless of whatever happens. That’s why I’m going to guarantee that I step off this island with gold on my body.

I don’t care if I have to rip meat off the bones of whoever I stand across just to assure a slight chance at victory. I don’t care if I can see nothing thanks to the stream of blood dripping down my face, urging me to give up before I die. I don’t plan on slowing down until I end up as the king. Because if I fall, then I’ve failed. My entire life will have amounted to NOTHING if I don’t succeed tonight.

Whoever I end up facing in every round from now, I want you to do everything you possibly can to me. I want you to try and kill me, to try and end my career. I’m going to be doing the same, stepping over each one of you on my way to the peak. And when I get to my throne, stained with blood, sweat, and tears, my life finally will have amounted to something.”

Sawyer Xavier glared at the camera for a few moments after, before slamming the mic into the chest of Todd, walking off. He goes to talk, but stammers a bit, still frustrated from losing the microphone.

FtBMD7I.png

Natalie Rosenberg: "The following contest is a quarter final contest, and is a ‘Fans Bring the Weapons Deathmatch! Introducing first… from the right side of the bed in Las Vegas, Nevada and weighing in at one hundred and eighty pounds… XPERIENX XTACEE!!"

Xperienx Xtacee might be a little worse for wear after his exploits in the Cage of the Death match, but he still has a strut in his step as he makes his way to the ring. He high fives a few of the front row fans as he traverses the ramp, before sliding into the ring and taking up a position in one of the corners. He stares at the stage area as his music fades out and is replaced by…

Natalie Rosenberg: “And his opponent… hailing from the City of Champions Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and weighing in at two hundred and twenty five pounds… ‘the Conjurer’... COLBY SOL!!"

Colby comes out to more boos, which are like water off a duck’s back. He stares dead ahead at himself at the man who is already waiting for him in the ring. He continues to gaze at Xperienx as he makes a full circuit of the ring before eventually rolling into it. Colby affords himself a slight smirk as the official conducts his final checks and then calls for the bell…

KODMpurple.jpg

FOURTH MATCH || SECOND ROUND || 1/30.
Colby Sol vs. Xperienx Xtacee.
KODMpurple.jpg

The match begins with Xperienx Xtacee and Colby Sol circling the ring, keeping a safe distance from one another as they weigh up their first move.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This second round match-up features two competitors that are relatively fresh after the Cage of Death. Colby Sol made light and indeed brief work of Leafdom, qualifying in a matter of minutes. Xperienx Xtacee’s tussle with Jack the Clipper may have gone on longer, but he too escaped much of the barbarism in that opener."

Anzu Kurosawa: "A shame! They should've joined in the fun!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I'm sure they'll get their chance…"

The two come together in the ring, with Colby grasping for a collar and elbow. Xperienx, though, is able to duck underneath it and transition into a rear waist lock. He bundles Sol forwards into the ropes and takes him over with an O’Connor Roll…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Sol kicks out and is quickly up to his feet. He lunges at Xtacee, who backpedals and drops to the mat, lowering the top rope as he does and sending Colby out into a heap on the outside! Xperienx follows him out, the crowd cheering his exploits. He appears to move towards a fan who is holding up a rather mundane folded steel chair, but when he reaches him he pushes the chair aside. He instead takes a woman's prosthetic leg from the second row, holding it in the air to a roar from the crowd.

Sol is clunked in the head with the thigh when he gets to his feet, with Xperienx following up by choking Colby with the back of the knee joint. He has an assisted camel clutch locked in with the leg, eventually hoisting Colby up using the appendage for leverage, and then driving him down with a Russian leg sweep, the leg across his neck! Xtacee finally discards the item in order to go for a cover.

ONE… TWO… NO!

Colby kicks out, and the match rolls on.

<< 03:36. >>

We rejoin with Colby down after a back body drop on the outside, and again Xtacee is fishing in the crowd for foreign objects. He rejects a pair of large wrenches (for the first time in his life) in favour of a plastic blender. He turns to face Sol… who takes him out with a low dropkick to the knees! Colby follows up with a knee strike to the side of the head and then, after collecting the discarded blender, smashes it to pieces over the side of Xtacee's head!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Jesus! He just made a smoothie out of him!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xperienx Xtacee is busted open here, which gives Colby time to find a few toys of his own…"

Colby looks out into the audience, shakes his head, and then fishes under the ring instead.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Well, I guess the fans can bring the weapons, but the wrestlers don't necessarily have to use them…"

Sol retrieves a steel chair, a few light tubes, and a table from under the ring, all of which he places inside of it. He collects Xtacee, who tries to fight back with some punches to the ribs, but receives some stiff placatory knees in return, and throws him under the ropes. Colby folks him in and sets up the table at an angle in the corner before collecting the steel chair. He saunters over to Xtacee… who replies with a dropkick! The chair is knocked back into Colby's face and then flies out of his hands! Xtacee follows up with an enziguri, then a gut kick…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xtacee has Colby in a front facelock and drags him over towards that table in the corner, perhaps looking for a snap suplex into the wood."

Anzu Kurosawa: "But Colby breaks loose with another vicious knee to the gut… and then reverses with a t-bone suplex! Xperienx is thrown across the ring and onto the discarded chair!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Colby Sol with a cover…"

ONE… TWO… NO!

Colby only lets his frustration show for a moment before slapping on a sleeper, attempting to drain Xperienx further as the match continues.

<< 07:29. >>

Colby has Xtacee in the opposite corner to the table, where he works away at him with rights and lefts to the gut. Xperienx tries to put up a guard, but is still on the receiving end of some hefty blows from Sol. He backs away from him when Xtacee is reeling in the corner, the crowd booing Sol’s exploits, which only draws a smirk from ‘the Conjurer'. He charges at Xtacee, looking for his running high knee… but Xperienx is able to throw himself out of the way! Colby hits the turnbuckles, and Xtacee rolls him up with a schoolboy!

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xperienx almost had him, but Colby Sol forces the shoulder up, and both men scrambled to their feet… throat thrust from Xtacee! Followed up by an open palm slap!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Colby Sol is turned around, but Xtacee has his wrist… wrist-clutch back suplex!"

Xtacee is feeling it now, with the fans firmly on his side. He waits patiently for Colby to find his feet before doubling him over with a boot to the midsection. He begins to apply a straight jacket, shaping up for his ‘Foreplay’ DDT… but Colby breaks loose of Xtacee's grip, hooks his arm, and hoists him up…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Falcon arrow! Colby Sol with the falcon arrow!"

Sol neglects to go for the cover, instead collecting two of the light tubes that he introduced earlier in the match. He is breathing heavily as he slowly approaches Xtacee, one in each hand, his opponent up to his knees and already bloody from the exploding blender earlier in the match.

Colby raises both light tubes high above his head, Xtacee wincing at what is about to come.

But, as Sol holds the pose, an item is thrown from the crowd, which Xtacee catches, and holds up as a shield!

The two light tubes smash impotently into shards against the prosthetic leg!

And Xtacee follows up by poking Colby in the face with the foot! Sol reels backwards, with Xtacee collecting him in a front facelock.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Xperienx Xtacee drags Colby Sol towards that table in the corner. He hooks the arm, and then the leg…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Fisherman's buster!!! Through the table! Xtacee wastes no time in dragging Colby out from the debris. He hooks the leg…"

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!

Xtacee can't believe it, and neither can the crowd! He knows that he will need at least one more big shot, and so he begins his ascent to the top rope. Colby is stirring, and is almost up to a vertical base by the time Xperienx has steadied himself on the top turnbuckle. Xtacee waits for him to rise, and then leaps off with a cross-body…

… but eats the third and final light tube, square in the face!!

A thousand shards explode around Xperienx as he lands in a heap at Colby's feet. The Conjurer wastes no time in dropping the broken end of the tube and collecting Xtacee one last time. He hoists him up onto his shoulders, before driving him onto one of his knees with a devastating lungblower!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That's the Sol Reaper!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And that's it!"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Colby Sol defeats Xperienx Xtacee via pinfall at 10:03.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Here is your winner… COLBY SOL!!”

Sol slowly drags himself to his feet, still feeling the effects of the contest despite his triumph. The official attempts to lift his hand into the air, but Colby immediately snatches it away in favour of celebrating on his own.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Another impressive victory for Colby Sol, who books his place in the semi-finals at the expense of Xperienx Xtacee.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Sol is building some serious momentum here today, continuing his undefeated start to his FWA career.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “And, with his job done for the time being, Colby Sol stalks back up the ramp. We’ll see him again later on.”

The camera focuses on a motivated Colby Sol as he marches up the ramp, a look of determination on his face.

FtBMD7I.png

XYZ is backstage walking to his match with Trixie Bordeaux, a semifinals matchup with the winner moving to an X Championship match. X then passes by Kleio de Santos, who is speaking with Trixie on the side. Kleio gives X a stern look up and down.

“Move along, alphabet man!” she barks.

X pauses and, in a moment he may regret later, turns to face Kleio.

“Kleio, can we speak on a matter of importance?”

She turns to face him, but X looks at Trixie, a sign he is not comfortable having the conversation in front of her.

“Trixie, I’ll see you in a second. Just give me a moment.”

After Trixie steps away, Kleio gives X her undivided attention.

“One of your … Coven … members approached me about helping them bring forward a … change in leadership for your group.”

“One of my members?”

“One of your members. The member who I just beat in the ring in the King of the Deathmatch tournament.”

“Blair?!”

“Kleio … I know we have been at odds lately … again … and have never seen eye to eye. But I am telling you this information as someone who is also the leader of his own group. I would hope … you’d do the same for me.”

Kleio looks embarrassed as X walks away, and Kleio’s expression changes to anger. She looks off camera in the direction which X walked and sneers, but it’s open to interpretation whether she’s sneering at XYZ or at the idea of Blair’s betrayal.

FtBMD7I.png

Sawyer Xavier appears on stage, raising his fist in the air as he begins to shuffle down towards the ring. There’s no time wasted either as Xavier is quickly inside the ring…

Natalie Rosenberg: “Introducing first, from Savannah, Georgia and weighing in at 176 lb…he is Sawyer Xavier!”

Anzu Kurosawa: "Sawyer, quickly defeating Vengador, in the first match.."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "He pretty much came out of that match unscathed.”

Anzu Kurosawa: "You’re absolutely right, Jean-Luc. His opponent was in the match a little longer, let’s see how much of an advantage that gives him."

Johnny “The Legend” Johnson steps out to the crowd. Looking around at the masses as the beat of the song continues. Chewing a piece of gum and his hands on his hips as he wears a sour look, reacting to the hoard of boos from the crowd. Johnny then slowly makes his way down to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: “And introducing his opponent, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and weighing in at 230 lb…he is Johnny “The Legend” Johnson!”

Anzu Kurosawa: "The Legend qualifying for this round by pinning Aka Yurei."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "As I said, The Legend was in the first round match a little longer than Sawyer and it appears that he might be wincing a little bit as he makes his way down to the ring.”

As Sawyer Xavier stands across the ring from Johnny Johnson, Sawyer is steering daggers towards Johnny. However, Johnny is seemingly trying to work through some things as he is slumped over the top turnbuckle, taking deep breaths, as he holds the palm of his hand against his left side, evidently trying to work through a rib injury.

Anzu Kurosawa: "What The Legend is going through right now is telling of just what can happen in this tournament. He absorbed only a few moves from his opponents in the previous match, yet it appears he’s already nursing a rib injury."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Time will tell, there is one thing I know about The Legend and it’s his cardio is almost second to none here in FWA. If there is anyone that can work through that type of injury, it is him.”

KODMpurple.jpg

FIFTH MATCH || SECOND ROUND || 1/30.
Johnny Johnson vs. Sawyer Xavier.
Match writer: OJ.
KODMpurple.jpg

The ref calls for the bell, Johnny lifts himself off of the turnbuckle and as soon as he turns around, Sawyer drills him with a shotgun dropkick, blasting him back into the turnbuckle.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Sawyer’s fast pace from the first round match continues. As he tries to get the early offense in on The Legend.."

Sawyer quickly grabs Johnny, pulling him away from the corner. Laying Johnny face down on the mat away from the corner. Sawyer runs to the corner, ascending to the top.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You’re not kidding, Anzu, it looks like Sawyer is going for it all. Usually, when he climbs to the top rope and has his opponent face down on the mat it means only one thing, The Genesis of Truth”

Sawyer pauses as he reaches the top turnbuckle and measures where Johnny is. As soon as he finds his target Sawyer leaps off going for the double stomp. At the last second, somehow Johnny senses his impending doom and rolls towards the corner and out of the way. As Sawyer slams down on the mat, he rolls through, away from Johnny.

Sawyer then gets to his feet, however it appears Johnny beat him to the punch and nails him with a left hook. Johnny grabs Sawyer by the wrist and tries to spin him around for cobra clutch. However, Sawyer breaks wrist control and nails Johnny with a pele kick. Johnny stumbles backward, slipping out of the ring through the middle rope.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Fast-paced action finally comes to an end with Johnny falling to the outside of the ring."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Now it’s time to see what fans have for these two combatants.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Might want to hold that thought, it doesn’t look like Sawyer is following The Legend outside the ring just yet."

Sawyer is standing in the middle of the ring pumping himself up as he looks down at Johnny, seemingly waiting for him to get to his feet. As Johnny begins to get himself up off the floor, Sawyer takes notice, he runs to the far ropes, bouncing off and running towards his target on the other end of the ring. As Johnny finally gets to his feet, Sawyer charges through the ropes and nails Johnny with a suicide dive. Johnny gets blasted back into the security barricade, his left shoulder taking the brunt of the barricade and Sawyer somehow lands on his feet.

Anzu Kurosawa: “The crowd is fully behind Sawyer right now as he is firing on all cylinders for this match."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Not only that but look at all the offerings from the fans, in the way of weapons he can use.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “And what in the world did Sawyer just grab from one of the fans, is that a small bundle of tree saplings?”

With a bundle of saplings in his hand, Sawyer gets next to Johnny who is lying face down, screaming out in pain holding his shoulder. Sawyer then raises the saplings in the air and the crowd cheers him on. He then sets his eyes on his opponent. Lifting them above his head and whipping Johnny on the back with the bundle. Johnny lets out a painful scream, writhing around in pain. Sawyer then raises the bundle again as Johnny rolls onto his back. Coming back down with the bundle he whips Johnny in the midsection now. As yells out again and tries to roll away from Sawyer, however, Sawyer doesn’t let up and whips him with the saplings every time Johnny rolls onto the other side of his body.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “With every strike from those twigs you can see the welts automatically bubbling up and the blood vessels bursting on both sides of The Legend’s body.”

Satisfied with his handy work, Sawyer tosses the saplings to the side. He then looks towards the crowd for another weapon to choose from. Finding one that looks to his liking, he grabs an old-school boom box from one of the fans. He then makes his way towards Johnny, who by now has got to his feet and is resting against the barricade. With labored breathing, Johnny does not look good. Without allowing him to get much rest, Sawyer makes his way to Johnny, raising the boom box and slamming it down on Johnny’s head.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Sawyer bringing the boom and Johnny is the first to bleed in this match.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Sawyer Xavier is relentless in this match. He has his eye on the prize and has the pedal to the metal in this match.”

Sawyer’s eyes light up as he looks down to see Johnny bleeding from the forehead. Picking Johnny up he then rolls him into the ring. Sliding in after him he then goes for the pin.

ONE… TWO…NO!

Johnny uses what energy he has left and gets his shoulder off of the mat. As he twists his body to kick out a mist of blood comes out of his mouth from the blood oozing down into his mouth. Sawyer gets to his feet and picks Johnny up off the mat as he does. He then whips Johnny into the far corner.

Sawyer then charges toward Johnny, The Legend moves at the last second as Sawyer misses a big splash by inches. As Sawyer spins around to find his opponent Johnny spits the blood that has seeped into his mouth into Saywer’s eyes. Sawyer is blinded and begins to swing wildly for Johnny. Johnny reaches out and grabs him by the wrist and in one quick move floors Sawyer with a short-arm clothesline. With Sawyer lying on the mat for the first time in the match, Johnny points to the side of his head, making sure the crowd knows how smart he is.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "If there is anything that you can say about The Legend is that he is cagey.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Some might say cagey, others might call it desperate.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This is a deathmatch, Anzu, nothing is off the table.”

Johnny then takes his minute to hop out of the ring and search the crowd, quickly, for a weapon. All of the fans reach out with their weapons, offering it up to him. Not satisfied with the offerings, Johnny flips the fans the middle finger, which is met with a cavalcade of boos. He then turns away from the crowd and begins to search under the ring for something. Finally finding something to his liking he reaches for it and comes back up with a..

Anzu Kurosawa: “A corkscrew? What in the world is that under the ring for?

Jean-Luc Watkins: "*hiccup* That’s none of your business, Anzu!”

Johnny has made his way back into the ring. By this time Sawyer is on his knees, attempting to get to his feet. Before he does though Johnny hovers over top of him, grabbing a scruff of hair, pulling his head back, and thrusting the corkscrew into the forehead of Sawyer. Blood squirts out as soon as the metal meets flesh. Without hesitating Johnny strikes Sawyer again with the weapon, and again, and again. Each time blood flies out like his head is a leaky hose.

Johnny then throws the tool to the mat. Picking Sawyer up to his feet, he traps Sawyer’s arms under his, pausing for a second, having a wide smile on his face as he looks at the blood, now, flowing down Sawyer’s face. Johnny then rains down with headbutts to the chest region of Sawyer. He stops, releasing Sawyer as he does. As Sawyer stumbles backward, Johnny quickly grabs his wrist pulling him around and towards him. Gets him in a cobra clutch and as he does lifts Sawyer up into the air, slamming him to the mat.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Legend’s End!”

As Sawyer is lying on the mat, Johnny weakly falls to his knees and then covers Sawyer.

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Johnny Johnson defeats Sawyer Xavier via pinfall at 12:21.

As he knows that victory is in hand, Johnny rolls off of Sawyer, spitting even more blood out of his mouth. Johnny then gets to his feet, stepping over Sawyer. The ref grabs Johnny’s arm and raises it in the air. As the ref does, Johnny has his arm tight as can be against his left side, clearly still suffering from some type of rib injury.

Natalie Rosenberg: “And the winner of the match, by PINFALL… Johnny “THE LEGEND” Johnson!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: "He might be the farthest thing from a conventual Death Match wrestler, but The Legend showed that he can get it done in this type of violent environment.”

As the ref drops the hand of Johnny, he then falls to his knees, blood caked over his face, even with more slowly seeping from the wound on his forehead. He then rolls out of the ring and begins to make his way to the back, still holding his left arm tight against his side.

FtBMD7I.png

Somewhere on the unnamed and undisclosed island, XYZ sits in the same hammock with his legs hanging off the side as he looks out over a steep and treacherous cliff. X has his green cape tied around his neck and wrestling tights on, but no shoes or shirt. His spaghetti-string hair hands over his ears and in front of his eyes as he ponders all sorts of ponderments.

XYZ: “The King of the Deathmatch tournament always is fret with the dread of nestless hornets. Challengers must beware of all turns and crossings. In the quarterfinals, it was Blair Ravenwood and her shadowy maneuvering within The Coven. Did I make the right move for winning this tournament by rejecting her offer to usurp Kleio? We will find out. But I know that I made the right move to do what I think is right, what is noble. I told Blair that I am not one to move in the shadows, amid the darkness, to seek out calamity. And now … I must face the ticking time bomb that is the fallout of her hooded offerings.”

After XYZ’s opening gambit, the camera shifts…

~~~~

… and we find ourselves on a completely different part of the island, with a different member of our illustrious final four.

Trixie sits cross-legged on the floor of her changing room, which is but a mere tent on the far end of the beach. The cut above her eye has swollen to the point that her eye is almost shut, and a plethora of little red welts cover most of her upper body from when Aaron Harrows shot her several hundred times with an Airsoft gun. Despite these injuries, Trixie stares into the camera with a disturbing look in her eyes, and a creepy, haunting smile on her face as she speaks.

Trixie Bordeaux: “I’m so happy to be here. To get another chance after what happened last year. Walking out onto the beach and seeing the big Cage of Death, oh it was one of the bestest and most exciting feelings of my whole life. Even after I beated that nice Japanese lady’s butt and pinned her, I didn’t wanna stop. I just thought “fudge it” and kept going. I saw Blair struggling with some ugly man, and so I helped her beat him up too. And I wanted to keep going again and help out my Buddy Aaron beat up that evil man Jeffry Mason, but Blair said it would be best if I kept my energy for the next round… she was probably right, but man, I wish I coulda beat up Jeffry some more.”

Trixie frowns slightly as she thinks of all the things she could have done to Jeffry, feeling as though she missed out on so much fun. Trixie’s words seem like things Trixie would say, but her delivery seems off, as though she’s reading a script for a character that she hasn’t quite nailed the intricacies of yet. She looked as though she was playing the part of the Trixie we all knew, but badly acted.

Trixie Bordeaux: “That’s why I was so happy when they told me that my Quarters match would be first. I couldn’t wait to get back in there… and when I found out that I would get to play with my buddy Aaron, I was so excited. I had a blast out there with him. I won in the end, but I really feel like we became better friends because of the fun we had.”

Images of Trixie doing terrible things to Aaron during their match pops up on the screen, before being replaced by Trixie’s soulless smile as she gazes into the camera as the scene fades…

~~~~

… and we return, again elsewhere and with someone else.

We are now following Colby Sol as he carries his almost lifeless carcass across a hallway. Next to him is a smaller man, who's face is obscured outside of the holes in his eyes. He's aiding Colby, but gets shoved back first into the wall! Colby belittles him, telling him to back off. His intense glare traveled from the luchador to the camera crew.

Colby Sol: “I survived The Great Oxen's training, I survived the death of my career one too many times, and I've been surviving all day, and now, I'm finally here.”

Colby's expression shows his excitement, but his expression shows a man hellbent on finishing the job…

~~~~

Johnny Johnson stands before a nondescript beige wall. His face is caked with dried blood. There is nothing but rage and frustration in his eyes. He notices the camera has come on and begins to fire away.

Johnny Johnson: ”I came to this far-off land for one man. The few trusted acquaintances that I give a shit about in my life told me that I was out of my damn mind to do this to exact my revenge on just one man. And maybe I am, but looking at who is left in this tournament it appears that having an insane mind would have been the only way for me to survive long enough to spill the blood. I have no idea who I will face next, the only thing I know is that the three choices left are as close to sanity as I am to being poor.

Not only that, but I had zero opportunity to face the very person I came here for. So some people might ask, why the hell am I still here? WHY IS THE LEGEND even going to want to put himself through this torture? I don’t have that answer!”

Johnny begins to hammer his right fist against the side of his chin. His intensity rises as, once more, the scene shifts…

~~~~~

The feed returns to the cliff and the hammock in which XYZ sits, legs dangling over the side. He again is pondering the elements of this trek through the King of the Deathmatch tournament.

XYZ: “Of the other semifinalists, all I can say of them is they are noble and deserving. They bring their own sauce to the pans and plates. What I bring is experience. I stomped my way through the tundra two years ago and bested the match of death until the finals. I have the genetics within my blood and bones. Colby Sol, Johnny Johnson, and Trixie Bordeaux may think they are ready for the light tubes and the galore, but I have bled and been bruised and kept breathing. They are not me, no matter the result.”

~~~~

Trixie Bordeaux: “I don’t really mind who I get in the Semis. The Alphabet Man and I are good friends, too… we’ve teamed up together before, and when that creepy Death guy was bullying him after the match that one time, I stepped in to stick up for him. That’s what friends do. So, I’d really like to play with The Alphabet Man in the Semis… but, I also wanna beat up that JJ guy too.”

Trixie’s haunted, soulless smile is still plastered on her face as she talks about her potential semi-final opponents, trying to come off as ‘Trixie’ as possible.

Trixie Bordeaux: “I beated JJ’s daddy up last year in a teams match… Also, I think the guy is a big stinky bag of douche, so I’d really like to kick his butt… who’s the other guy in the semis, again?”

Cameraman: “Colby Sol.”

Trixie Bordeaux: “I dunno who that is…”

The camera stays on Trixie for a moment, thinking that maybe she would like to add to that… she doesn’t. She just stares into the camera, smiling her terrifying smile, and so the scene fades.

~~~~

Colby Sol: “I can be like the others, I can rest, I can refresh my body... but this is a test of endurance, not a getaway vacation. I'm here to experience this thing the way it was meant too, and if that means to suffer, then suffer I motherfuckin' will. This fight in my heart, this tactical brain, this killer instinct.... IT'S ALL MINE... and now? It's all going to lead me to becoming a champion and a piece of history.”

Colby steps over the young lion who quickly gets up and follows behind with a towel and starts shoving the camera crew out of his way!

~~~~

‘The Legend’ is still extremely fired up as his speech pattern quickens.

Johnny Johnson: “Maybe I had a screw knocked loose by Sawyer Xavier when he dropped that stereo on me. Maybe it was whipped by him like I was a tiger in a circus. MAYBE, it’s cause of the lack of blood, from the gallons that have escaped from my very own body! I might not have been able to get my hands on the person that I thought fate planned for me. Now it’s all about spilling enough blood from whoever I face so that there will be no more King of the Deathmatch. NO SIR! Now… now there is only one reason that fate brought me here, and that’s because it’s time for the era of THE LEGEND OF THE DEATH MATCH!”

With that Johnny stares into the camera with rage and takes deep breaths as the camera closes in on a tight shot of Johnny, until it fades once more…

~~~~

Trixie’s forced smile slips as she thinks about what is at stake in this tournament.

Trixie Bordeaux: “I can’t fail again… I WON’T fail again. Winning this tournament… winning the X Championship… this is my last chance to prove that I do have what it takes to survive on my own… and if I fail… then you will never see me in the FWA again.”

A look of intense desperation floods Trixie’s eyes as she stares into the camera. It is as though she is starving, and the only hope for survival is dangling right in front of her, and yet she is unable to reach it… her eyes told the story. Winning this tournament was EVERYTHING for Trixie, and failure was not an option anymore.

~~~~

Colby Sol: ”Tommy Bedlam isn't here, we're guranteed a new champion, and the fact is I didn't make it to this point to participate, I'm here to win this motherfucker. I go into these finals with no regrets, determined, and undying. Johnny, XYZ, Trixie, get ready, because in a few minutes? I'm going to knock you all flat on your ass.”

Colby crouches over in pain as a sudden spike shakes his body, causing him to hold his torso in pain. He groans, but his new young lion doesn't approach. Instead, Colby begins to walk on his own in a hunched stance, showing the markings from the Cage of Death match all over his body. The feed fades elsewhere in the arena, ending on the image of The Conjurer in serious pain.

~~~~

The feed shows for the final time that steep cliff on the edge of the island. This time, though, XYZ is not sitting in the hammock with his feet dangling over the side. He is standing at the very edge of the cliff, looking backwards to the forest that shades all but the small space of rock and dirt that can barely fit his size-13 feet.

XYZ: “I made a deal to never again compete for the X Championship if I lost the second time to Bedlam of the Tommies. Yet, the makers of matches let one slip under their noses, putting me into the most treacherous tournament of all, this King of the Deadly Matches. Will this be my final chance to win a symbol of accomplishment for me, and by association for the fighters, the climbers, and the 9-5’ers? Can we finally defeat death?

CAN WE TIPTOE THROUGH THE BOTTLED SAND DUNES?! CAN WE BREATHE THE AIR OF THE BOURGEOISIE?! CAN WE SETTLE INTO THE BASKETS OF THE CHUNKY CHAMELEONS?! THESE ARE QUESTIONS TO BE SETTLED, RAIN CLOUDS TO PART AND TENTACLES TO ACCLAIM!

I will not say whether the dragon seal can defeat their own fate at the hands of the treetop tigress. I can only promise … that death will not have us this day, whether we defeat it permanently or not. Death will not have us this day.”

XYZ stretches his arms out wide as he looks up to the sky, which is about to drop buckets of rain on him and anyone in the vicinity of his hammock. It is a rainstorm X welcomes as he shouts into the sky and forest …

XYZ: “THE DREAM … NEVER …

DIES!”

FtBMD7I.png

There’s a mixed reaction but mostly cheers for Trixie Bordeaux as she appears on the stage, looking decidedly less than one hundred per cent as she sheepishly begins her way down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Wrestling fans, your next bout is a semi final contest, and is the ‘10,000 Light Tubes Can’t Be Wrong’ match! First, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and weighing in at one hundred and twenty pounds… BELLATRIX BORDEAUX!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Wrestling fans?! Gimmick infringement, Natalie!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I know you like to talk about yourself, Jean-Luc, but today has already been a very special day for Trixie Bordeaux. She’s picked up two scalps already, defeating Aaron Harrows in the quarter final and… um… you know, I’ve quite forgotten who she beat in the first round.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Are you sure you spent long enough in the medical room, Anzu?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Too long.”

Trixie enters the ring and occupies one of the corner, where the camera focuses on her. We can see the wounds from earlier on in the day in their full glory. The lump on her forehead, just above the eyebrow, is about the size of an egg and purplish-black, forcing her right eye semi-closed. Nonetheless, she loosens up and awaits her opponent.

We cut to a wide shot of the ring, set up for the 10,000 Light Tubes Can't Be Wrong Deathmatch, which has featured in every incarnation of the KODM. Around three sides of the ring, walls are formed from hundreds of light tubes, threaded in and out of the ropes and standing vertically. More are propped up against the barricade in both individual arrays and bundles fastened into hexagonal prisms. The only side of the ring not blocked by tubes is the one that faces up the ramp, allowing Trixie to stare up it as her music fades out.

Natalie Rosenberg: “And her opponent… from Sitka, Alaska… weighing in at one-hundred and eighty pounds… X… YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY… ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!"

XYZ appears on stage along with the Menage, who issue some final words of encouragement for their leader before turning back through the curtain. X stomps down the ramp alone, loosening his joints and high-fiving the front row fans intermittently as he does.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “XYZ has already dumped one member of the Coven out of this tournament today when he defeated Blair Ravenwood in his quarter final. If he wants to progress to the final, he’ll have to do the same thing to another of them, as he’s drawn Trixie Bordeaux in the final four.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Given XYZ’s recent - and historic - troubles with Kleio De Santos, I’m sure he would’ve been looking forward to getting his hands on her posse. Maybe not all in the same day, though.”

X climbs into the ring and locks eyes with Trixie for the first time. He has some wounds of his own, particularly a large, stitched up gash over his left eye. The official issues some final instructions for the competitors and, when he’s content that we’re good to go, he finally calls for the bell.

KODMpurple.jpg

SIXTH MATCH || THIRD ROUND (SEMI-FINALS) || 1/30.
Trixie Bordeaux vs. XYZ.
10,000 Light Tubes Can't Be Wrong Deathmatch.
Match writer: SS & TGO.
KODMpurple.jpg

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Both of these competitors look as though they've seen better days. That gash above Trixie's eye looks nasty, and appears to me as though it's swelling somewhat. XYZ's forehead, in turn, has been stitched closed following that wooden chair shot from Trixie's stablemate Blair Ravenwood. Not to mention the concussion that he's almost definitely dealing with."

Anzu Kurosawa: "You forgot those welts all over Trixie's torso, Jean-Luc. Don't play with guns, kids!"

The match begins with the two standing in opposite corners, staring at one another blankly. This goes on for only a few seconds, before Bordeaux let's out what can only be described as a sickening shriek. She charges across the ring like a train at XYZ, backing him further into his own corner with a torrential downpour of left and right hands. X throws up a nasty guard to block the worst of the sudden onslaught, which allows Trixie to take him by the wrist and whip him HARD into the opposite set of turnbuckles. He bounces back at her and she takes him out with a low dropkick to the knees. X tries to scramble to his feet but only gets as far as his knees before Bordeaux drops him with a vicious kick to the side of the head!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie Bordeaux is kicking things off at an unbelievable pace, and is showing a mean streak that - until now - I didn't know that she possessed."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And note that she is not going for a pinfall, Jean-Luc. Instead, Bordeaux climbs out of the ring - through the one side of ropes not blocked out by a wall of light tubes - and she's fishing under the apron…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Is there not enough hardware at ringside already?!"

Not according to Trixie, who pulls a large, person-sized glass pane from underneath the ring!! She carefully props it up at an angle against the barricade before turning back towards the ring…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "TOPE SUICIDA!! XYZ catches his breath and catches Trixie unawares!!"

The crowd cheers X’s display of acrobatics as he gets up to his feet. He warily glances over at the glass pane that Trixie has produced, unsure of how best to utilize it as present, and instead collects two light tubes from one of the three tube-walls around the ring. Trixie is getting to her knees after the suicide dive… and eats a glass tube over the head!!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Immediately, that cut above Trixie's eye has reopened! I think her forehead is turning purple, Anzu. Can she even see?!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "She's still got one eye… though maybe not for long! XYZ brings the second lighttube crashing down over her swollen forehead!!"

The audience gasp, cower from flying shards, and then roar their approval as Trixie slumps down onto the mat! XYZ rolls her onto her front and hooks a leg…

ONE… NO!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie out at ONE!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "If Bordeaux has shown us anything today, it's that she's not going to go down easily."

She kicks out but stays down. XYZ cocks an eyebrow, and then goes back to work…

<< 04:52. >>

XYZ has Trixie in the corner, thrusting his shoulder into her gut before hoisting her into a seated position on the top turnbuckle. He connects with a palm thrust, but Trixie returns with a downward boot. X reaches out for the ropes to steady himself, but instead his hand grips the end of one of the light tubes in the tube-wall. He's careful not to smash it with his grip, and instead pulls it as if to strike Bordeaux with it. She has already climbed up onto the top rope, though, and before X can do anything with the tube she connects with a missile dropkick!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "X hits the mat and drops the light tubes, and now Trixie has it in her hands! XYZ is climbing to his feet but might want to rethink doing so! Stay down, X!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Never took you for a coward, Jean-Luc!"

XYZ gets to his feet and turns to face Trixie, who kicks him in the gut. She then applies a modified side headlock, holding X in position with the tube across his throat… and then she hits a running bulldog! The tube implodes beneath X’s neck!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Innovative and barbaric offense from Trixie Bordeaux!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Trixie proving once more that she's right at home in this sort of setting! You've just gotta scratch beneath the surface!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But still no pin attempt from Trixie, who instead is dragging X onto his feet by the scruff of the neck… and she HURLS him into one of the tube-walls!! XYZ crashes into it shoulder-first, and everything else afterwards, breaking a few dozen light tubes in the process!!"

XYZ falls onto the apron, but lands on the recently-created shards and quickly decides that rolling onto the floor is the better option. Trixie, adrenaline surging, follows him out, chasing him towards the glass pane she set up earlier with a series of stomps until X is sitting against it.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "She's… she's biting him!! Trixie Bordeaux is biting XYZ!!"

She comes up with a sinister grin on her face, which is covered in both X’s blood and her own, and then matches away from her opponent. She turns, takes a deep breath, and then charges at him…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie is going for that patented Bundle of Fun cannonball…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "But XYZ throws himself out of the way!!!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie crashes and burns!!!"

The pane explodes beneath her and the crowd erupts once again, the camera focusing on Trixie's apparently lifeless form amongst the broken glass. XYZ pulls her away from the barricade and goes for another cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "XYZ gets two this time, but just barely! Trixie is still in this one and I don't quite know how!!"

<< 09:30. >>

XYZ has Trixie seated on the top turnbuckle again, and this time time he connects with three palm thrust and an overhand chop to make sure she doesn't return. Then, he collects another light tube from one of the walls and brings it crashing down over her head for good measure. Bordeaux almost falls from her perch and X has to steady her before collecting a dozen-ish tubes from around the ring. He places them in the middle of the ring and, using the boots that he's wearing for this match only (he's unconventional, he's not stupid), he begins to stomp on top of the pile of tubes.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "XYZ has sinister ideas! He's turning those tubes into shards, and an unhappy landing into an unhappier one."

XYZ returns his attention to Trixie, who tries to kick him from the top turnbuckle when he's out of range. He collects two more tubes, bringing them both down over Trixie's head to placate her, before climbing up onto the second rope with her. He applies a front facelock, steps up onto the top rope, and then…

Anzu Kurosawa: "SUPERPLEX!!! From the very top… onto the glass!!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This is it! Pin her!"

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Kickout!! Trixie won't die!"

Trixie’s kickout leaves an exhausted XYZ laying face down in the middle of the ring. Trixie lays face up, breathing heavily, trying to find any energy she can to mount a comeback in the obvious late stages of this semifinals matchup. X rolls to the side of the ring as Trixie remains motionless in the middle. As X grabs the bottom rope with his left hand and drapes his right arm over the middle rope for some upright support – in an area of the ring with no light tubes anymore – he sees a figure emerge from the entrance way.

’Oh …’

XYZ’s eyes get bigger as the leader of The Coven – and the person Blair Ravenwood tried to usurp in a conversation with XYZ – stomps to the ring. Kleio de Santos has a look of force upon her face, and everyone watching is wondering whether Kleio is here to break The Coven apart, or to help her Coven ally.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You have to wonder how much Trixie knew about Blair’s plans. And you have to wonder whether Kleio is thinking about this. Will she repay X telling her about the plan and help him win?!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Kleio has not been kind to XYZ over the last few weeks. I don’t know how much has changed, but she looks hellbent on doing damage one way or the other."

Kleio stops right in front of the ring. She looks up at XYZ, who has his head laying on the middle rope, looking down at her. She then looks behind him at Trixie, who is rolling to her side and now can make eye contact with Kleio.

‘No Kleio, I don’t need your help! Stay out of this!’ She says, desperate to fight this battle alone.

’Kleio … please stay out of …’ X says in similar exhaustion, but his request is interrupted.

‘Me stay out of it? YOU should listen to your own advice. You should’ve stayed out of The Coven business. Worry about your own house that’s falling apart.’

As Kleio finishes, she feels a sense of empathy for XYZ. And she even decides momentarily to leave it as just a verbal lashing. She turns about 90 degrees, maybe 120 degrees, to walk back to where she came from.

’I was only trying to help,’ X says, unable to let it be.

This sets Kleio off, who immediately lands a running right hand punch directly into the nose of XYZ. He flies backwards into the middle of the ring, where Trixie is now kneeling and has a face of pure shock and anger, as though she had been slapped across the face.

Kleio then enters the ring and grabs one of the light tubes that has not been broken or used yet. As XYZ gets up, she smashes and breaks it over his back in a sickening display. Kleio then grabs a second light tube and does the same, this time as XYZ lays face down in the ring. Kleio does it a third time. Then a fourth. Then a fifth. Sixth. Seventh. Eighth.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Enough is enough!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "I’m a sadist but this is a lot even for me!"

After the 11th use of a light tube over X’s back, Kleio steps back to the corner. Trixie looks up at The Coven leader with a furious expression, livid that Kleio interfered in her match. Then they see some of The Menage members – specifically, Frank, Christian Howard, and Sierra – running to the ring to help X.

‘Pin him,’ Kleio barks, and Trixie reluctantly listens, rolling X onto his bruised and bloodied back for a pin.

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Trixie Bordeaux defeats XYZ via pinfall at 14:01.

The pinfall happens just as Frank, Christian, and Sierra reach the ring area, but Kleio blocks their entrance with another light tube. Trixie then rolls out of the ring and storms past Kleio, who follows her protege, and The Menage members quickly enter to check on the physically destroyed XYZ.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “This did not go the way we anticipated, but here we are. Trixie Bordeaux is going to the finals of the King of the Deathmatch tournament. Meanwhile …”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Meanwhile, Kleio de Santos has laid the blame for what happened at XYZ’s feet, in a shocking turn! And XYZ probably needs to go to the hospital. Bring the ambulance back around for another poor soul taken by the island of Deathmatch!”

The Menage huddle around the motionless XYZ as Trixie retreatsout of the ring area and Kleio follows, walking backwards and giving a very sadistic smile while she looks at her handiwork.

FtBMD7I.png

In-between matches, the screen begins black before gradually opening up on a familiar city skyline, as seen from a hundred metres or so out into the Atlantic Ocean. We gradually get closer, the picture gradually growing brighter, as New York City rears up before us. An orchestra plays a hopeful theme in the background. As we reach the shore, the screen brightens more rapidly until only a white screen is before us. Four lines of text appear on this blank canvas.

OUT OF DARKNESS, COMETH LIGHT.
BACK IN BUSINESS XVIII.
Sunday 11th August, 2024. New York City.
only on the WCNetwork.

FtBMD7I.png

There are boos amongst those on the island as Colby Sol walks onto the stage for the third time this evening. There is relatively little wear evident on his body outside of fatigue, and there is a confident air about him as he walks down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Wrestling fans, the final is a semi-final bout, and is your ‘Clockwork Orange House of Fun’ Deathmatch! Introducing first, hailing from the City of Champions Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and weighing in at two hundred and twenty five pounds… ‘the Conjurer’... COLBY SOL!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: “It’s been a hell of a day for Colby Sol thus far. Not only did he see off Leafdom in just two and a half minutes in the Cage of Death, he went on to overcome Xperienx Xtacee in what was the shortest of our semi-finals. He has less than fifteen minutes of ring time thus far today, which you’d think would lend Colby something of an advantage over his opponent tonight.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “And, by virtue of the other semi-final that we just witnessed, we know that his opponent will be Johnny Johnson. ‘The Legend’ has seen nearly forty minutes of action already, and will no doubt still be feeling the effects of his quarter final win over Sawyer Xavier.”

With Sol in the ring and limbering up in the corner, his music fades away and is replaced by…

Natalie Rosenberg: “And his opponent… from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and weighing in at two hundred and thirty pounds… ‘the Legend’... JOHNNY JOHNSON!!”

Johnny Johnson walks out onto the stage to more boos, which only seem to encourage him. He has a bandage over the wound on the top of his forehead, the work of the medical team between rounds. Johnson ignores the sneers and jeers from the audience as he traverses the ramp.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Neither of these men are particularly popular with the FWA audience, and this microcosm thereof is letting both of them know that. I imagine most watching this contest will hope they both receive some punishment at the hands of the other.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “This is certainly the match type to accomplish that, Jean-Luc! As you can see, one side of a steel cage has been set up on the far side of the ring, with various weapons hanging from this incomplete structure. I’m not going to list them. I don’t want to ruin the surprise for those listening on the radio.”

Johnson enters the ring and surveys the weapons upon the steel as Anzu haphazardly describes it. A smirk passes over his face at the sight of the weapons that have been made available to him. Finally, he turns to face Colby head on, who returns his gaze from across the ring. Content that we’re ready to begin, the official calls for the bell…

KODMpurple.jpg

SEVENTH MATCH || THIRD ROUND (SEMI-FINALS) || 1/30.
Colby Sol vs. Johnny Johnson.
Clockwork Orange House of Fun Deathmatch.
KODMpurple.jpg

As the two circle the ring, it is quite easy to contrast the levels of fatigue in each of them. Colby, the fresher of the two men, still has something of a spring in his step, whilst Johnson lumbers around the ring like one who has been in the wars today. Nonetheless, Johnson comes forward with an offer of a collar and elbow tie up, which Sol takes before promptly beginning to push JJ back across the ring towards a corner. Before he reaches the turnbuckles, though, JJ swiftly goes behind into a rear waist lock. He then bundles Colby forward into the corner instead, before taking him backwards with an O’Conner roll…

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Almost got him! Right at the outset!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Johnson wants to finish this one early. I don't blame him, given what he's already been through over the course of today."

Sol is able to kick out, though, and quickly scrambles to his feet to aim a wild clothesline in Johnny’s direction. JJ is able to duck beneath it, collects Sol from behind, and hits him with a Manhattan drop… before dropping him with a clothesline!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Johnson isn't going for a pin this time, instead deciding to consult that wall of weapons…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Quite the selection available… and Johnson chooses a fire extinguisher!"

Colby is back up to a vertical base and staggers around to face Johnson, who swings at him heavily with the canister, only for Sol to take him out at the knees with a low dropkick! Johnson drops the canister and Sol is quick to pick it up as JJ regains his vertical base… Colby blinds him with a smog of smoke and foam from the fire extinguisher!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Johnson can't see where he is and is stumbling around the ring… Colby Sol clocks him with the canister, right between the eyes!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Johnson might be out! Colby covers him…"

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!"[/b][/color]

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Both men recording early nearfalls, but each time the other is able to fire a shoulder up!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "They haven't come this far to not go any further, Jean-Luc!"

<< 05:30. >>

The match has rolled on and so has the violence, with Johnny now reopened up from the cut on his forehead thanks to a vicious onslaught with a kendo stick, and Sol also now bleeding thanks to an incident with a cheese grater. Colby is still recovering in the corner after a float-over DDT onto a trash can, with Johnny on the outside setting up two tables near the ramp. He isn't done there, though, and fishes under the ring once more, producing no less than a dozen steel chairs which he throws into the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Looks like Johnny Johnson is about to go nuclear. Does he really need that many chairs?!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Is that why the fans are all standing? Are there enough chairs for everyone under there?"

Johnny slides back into the ring and collects Colby, placing him in a front facelock and dragging him over towards the mountain of chairs that he's made. He appears to be going for another float-over DDT, but Colby senses his peril and urgently drives JJ backwards with his shoulder, Johnson colliding back-first with the steel cage wall! This is enough to cause separation (as well as rattle the remaining weapons on the wall), with Colby immediately following up with a trio of chops, followed by a quartet of forearms, and then a spin kick to the gut. He applies a front face lock of his own…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "FALCON ARROW!! Onto the chairs!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Colby has to drag Johnny away from the chairs to pin his shoulders to the mat…"

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

Johnny kicks out and Colby is incensed! He pulls a staple gun down from the cage wall and rounds on Johnson, pulling him up to his knees and standing behind him…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "HE'S STAPLING HIM IN THE FOREHEAD! Five, six, seven, eight!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Your counting is really coming along, Jean-Luc…"

Colby doesn't stop until he's emptied a dozen staples into Johnson's forehead… but the violent act only seems to shake Johnny back into life! The adrenaline surging, he climbs to his feet with his fists clenched, ducks beneath Sol’s attempt to brain him with the gun, and then lays into Sol with a vicious headbutt!! Colby is staggered, allowing Johnson to place him into a front facelock and hook the arm. JJ backs up towards the mound of steel chairs…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "BRAAAAAINBUUUUUSTAAAAAAAH!!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Crushed him!!"

Johnson hooks the far leg…

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Somehow Colby Sol kicks out, and somehow this match continues!!"

<< 11:08. >>

With Colby down on the mat after a short-arm clothesline, Johnson glances up at the cage wall and smirks. He collects a black canvass bag, one of the last remaining weapons, and carries it carefully into the middle of the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You can hear the crowd gasping… they know what's in there!"

Johnson pours the contents of the bag out onto the mat… millions upon millions of thumbtacks, which spread out over the mat in a giant, sprawling heap.

Anzu Kurosawa: "So beautiful… art… forty out of forty…"

Johnson slowly swaggers over towards Sol, clearly quite pleased with himself and the plan he's concocted. He drags Colby up to his feet and leads him by the hair towards the tacks. Johnson flips Colby the bird before booting him in the midsection to double him over. JJ applies an inverted headlock…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It looks as though Johnson is going for ‘the Greatest Finisher’, a move that we've already seen earlier this evening…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And into the tacks, no less! This would be it, almost certainly…"

When the tacks begin to crunch beneath Sol’s boots, he begins to sense his peril. At first wriggling and then attempting to fire off with eight hands into Johnson's midriff. Johnson knees him in the midsection and then lifts him up, attempting to transition into a Michonoku driver… but Sol slips out the back! Johnson turns around and aims a lariat in Colby's direction, but Sol ducks…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "T-bone suplex!!! Into the tacks!"

JJ screams with agony and forces himself out of the thumb tacks, climbing to his feet on instinct alone. But Colby is waiting for him, connecting with his SHOTGUN lariat and damn near taking Johnson's head off!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "It's Colby with the cover!"

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "But it's not enough!!"

There seems something disappointment, maybe even frustration, about Colby as he gets to his feet. He spies the two tables set up near the ramp, deciding to climb out and onto the apron before reaching back in to grab Johnson by the hair. He pulls Johnny out onto the apron, with JJ on all fours in front of him and Sol holding him with a fistful of hair.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Just look at all those tacks in Johnny Johnson's back!! But still he managed to kick out."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Things aren't looking too bright for the Legend, though, with Colby Sol pulling his head into position for a powerbomb…"

Colby pauses for a moment before the lift to glance over at the tables, perhaps judging the distance to them from the apron. This momentary hesitation is enough for Johnny, who still has the wherewithal to drop back down onto his knees…

… and deliver a devastating low blow to Colby Sol!! The Conjurer instantly crumbles, falling backwards into the apron.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Well, there's nothing illegal about that or anything else, but god damn that was dirty!"

Johnson rises to his feet behind Colby Sol, and immediately places him in a cobra clutch. He doesn't need to glance at the tables. He set them up and knows where they are. There's no hesitation.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "LEGEND'S END!! Through the tables!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And amongst the wreckage, Johnson drapes an arm over Colby…"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Johnny Johnson defeats Colby Sol via pinfall at 14:51.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Here is your winner… JOHNNY JOHNSON!!”

‘The Legend’ doesn’t look much like a winner, covered in blood from the re-opened wound on his forehead and struggling to remove himself from the wreckage of two tables. He eventually manages to find his feet with the help of a pair of officials.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “And with that victory, Johnny Johnson strides onwards into the final of King of the Deathmatch 3, where he’ll face off against Trixie Bordeaux in… are we still doing the Texas thing without Tommy?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I think it’s a barbed wire spider’s web thing now.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Again?! How inventive…”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Regardless of the shocking lack of creativity on display from the booking team, there’s no doubting that it will be a barbaric, violent, and chaotic environment… the perfect way to end King of the Deathmatch 3!”

FtBMD7I.png

We are a fly on the wall at Gorilla, where Trixie Bordeaux paces slightly this way and that. The wound on her head is uglier than ever, exacerbated by the events of the day and the three matches that she has already competed in. She looks nervous. Anxious, even. She frequently glances at the curtain that separates her from the ringside area.

Johnny Johnson walks into the small pace. He too is hurting. His ribs are in ruins, and he has his own gash on the forehead, though his has been stitched shut (for the second time this evening) and isn’t getting in the way of his vision, which is good enough to instantly clock Trixie. He takes a few steps towards her, coming to a halt in order to look her up and down.

Johnny Johnson: “You ready?”

Trixie says nothing. She stares at ‘the Legend’ blankly.

Johnny Johnson: “I don’t think you’re ready. You’ve been playing tough all day. It’s time somebody put someone in your place.”

He stares past her, at a technician working at a set of controls at the desk.

Johnny Johnson: “Play my music. I’m going out first.”

The technician offers Johnson a salute, and moments after we hear the opening notes of Metallica’s ‘Devil’s Dance’ from beyond the curtain. ‘The Legend’ gives Bordeaux one final long and thoroughly uncomfortable scan, before snickering, shaking his head, and walking through the curtain.

Trixie doesn’t turn to watch him leave. She only clenches her fists at her side.

FtBMD7I.png

Jeers emanate from the crowd, signalling the arrival of Johnny Johnson for the day's main event. His scowl is etched onto his face, but it appears his exploits over the course of the day has taken their toll. He favours his ribs slightly as he makes his way down the ramp, and the stitches on his forehead have been hastily reapplied after his semifinal match.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This is it, folks! It's time for your main event, which of course also happens to be the final match of KODM3. Here comes Johnny Johnson, who has impressed today with three hard-fought victories, over Aka Yurei in the Cage of Death, Sawyer Xavier in the quarter finals, and then Colby Sol in the semis."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Hard-fought is certainly right, Jean-Luc. You can plainly see that Johnson is wearing the battle scars of those three matches as he makes his way down to the ring for his fourth. And he's up against an opponent whose resilience is well-known."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "The Legend has shown a fair bit of that himself, Anzu, most notably in his matches against Xavier and Colby. Something tells me it's going to take a lot to put either of these competitors away tonight."

Johnson enters the ring - carefully rolling beneath the barbed wire - and, just like he did in his quarter finals match, has to use the turnbuckles to prop himself upright whilst he waits for his opponent. His music fades out, and then we hear…

Trixie comes out to a mixed reaction from the fans in attendance, though it does seem like there are considerably more cheers than boos for Trixie Bordeaux. She looks battered and bruised as she walks out onto the stage, the lump on her head now so colossal that her right eye is fixed shut. She walks down the ramp, taking it steadily thanks to her suddenly impaired depth perception.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “What a story it's been for Trixie Bordeaux, who has already far exceeded her performance in KODM2 when she made it to only the second round. Bordeaux has victories over my broadcast colleague, Aaron Harrows, and XYZ to her name today on the road to this final."

Anzu Kurosawa: ”The last of which, it must be said, came thanks to a huge helping hand from her stable-mate Kleio De Santos. It's unclear whether KDS got involved because of her relationship with Trixie or her rivalry with XYZ, but the result was the same nonetheless."

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”What are friends for, Anzu, if not to secure your place in the final of a deathmatch tournament?"

Trixie rolls into the ring beneath the barbed wire, doing so on one of the two, opposite sides where three lines of barbed wire run in parallel, replicating the ropes that they have replaced. The other two sides host the spider’s webs, a mass of wire wrapped over itself to replicate the arachnid's lair. Amidst this devilish and depraved setting are our two competitors, who stare across the ring at one another intently.

Natalie Rosenberg doesn't brave entry into the ring, and instead makes the introductions from the outside.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your final of the King of the Deathmatch tournament, and is a ‘No Ropes Barbed Wire Spider’s Web’ Deathmatch!!"

Excited cheers from the raucous and bloodthirsty crowd.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Introducing first… from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and weighing in at 230 pounds…he is Johnny ‘The Legend’ Johnson!"

Johnson remains slouched on the corner, a hand gently resting on his sensitive ribs.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and weighing in at one hundred and twenty pounds… BELLATRIX BORDEAUX!"

Bellatrix is able to stand up of her own volition, without the help of the turnbuckles, but the wound on her head is ugly, and one can’t help but notice that she’s half-blinded by it. The referee rolls into the ring, his clothes snagging on the bottom line of barbed wire. The camera focuses in on the small tear in the material of his shirt, a stark reminder of how easily it will bite. There’s no need for final checks. Everyone is ready.

For the final time, the bell is rung.

KODMpurple.jpg

EIGHTH MATCH || FINAL || 1/30.
Johnny Johnson vs. Trixie Bordeaux.
No Ropes Barbed Wire ‘Spider’s Web’ Deathmatch.
KODMpurple.jpg

One might think that the final would start with a lengthy, ominous stand-off, full of intentful glaring, and it does appear as though Johnny would be fine with such an opening. Trixie, on the other hand, has precisely the opposite idea, and immediately charges out of her corner like a hurricane. Johnson just about has time to throw up a guard, but it's all for naught as Bordeaux instead takes him out at the knees with a low dropkick! Johnson goes down to his knees, with Trixie collecting him by the hair and hitting him with a running bulldog!

Johnson is a little overwhelmed by the immediate offense and begins to roll towards the side of the ring, perhaps looking to go to the outside for a breather. He stops short, though, when he realises that he's drawing close to the spider's web barbed wire, and immediately rolls back away from it, allowing Trixie to hit him with a handful of stomps. She helps him back to his feet and backs him up with a pair of stomps before taking him by the hand, Irish whipping him across the ring and towards the barbed wire. Johnson notes that he's heading towards some more barbed wire (though not one of the spider's webs) and puts on the break. He turns around to see Trixie Bordeaux charging at him…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Johnny Johnson reverses with a drop toe hold!!! Trixie Bordeaux is draped throat-first over the second row of barbed wire!!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And it doesn't look like Trixie can free herself easily! The barbed wire has snagged on her shirt and indeed her skin, and she can't pull herself away without suffering further damage!"

Johnson smiles at his handiwork before rolling out of the ring next to Trixie, underneath the bottom row of wire. Trixie struggles desperately when she sees Johnson smirking in front of her on the floor, and even more so when he grasps a light tube that is propped up against the announce desk. He grips it in both hands like a baseball bat… and brings it crunching down over her head!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Oh by gawd!! Right in front of us! I think I have glass in my hair!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Doesn't it make you feel alive?!"

Johnson isn't done there. He hops onto the apron and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a rusty, bloody fork that looks as though it's already been utilised earlier in the night. The fans cheer the impending barbarism (rather than the man responsible for it) and - still standing next to Trixie, who is still struggling to free herself from the barbed wire - grabs her by the hair. Then, without a moment's hesitation he begins to dig the fork into the bloody, bruised, swollen wound on Trixie's forehead!! The crowd wince and squirm at the move, with JJ scraping and driving the fork further down into the reopened gash!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "If the lighttube didn't already reopen Trixie up, I'm sure this will do the trick!"

Finally, with one desperate yank that opens up a fresh cut on her throat, Trixie rips herself away from the barbed wire. She clutches her head in the middle of the ring as Johnson holds the fork into the air once again… AND THEN LICKS IT!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That's… wow… that is levels of depravity I didn't expect, not even from the King of the Deathmatch, and not even from Johnny Johnson…"

<< 05:12. >>

Johnson has spent the past several minutes continuing to work over Trixie's head, and we rejoin the match with Johnson holding her by the hair and running her face over the top row of barbed wire next to the ramp. Trixie is desperate for some separation, doing her best to gain it with a few elbows to the ribs. Johnson still has a handful of hair, though… but not after Bordeaux reaches around and takes at his eyes!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Desperation move there by Trixie Bordeaux, but that's exactly what she needed at that moment of time. This one has been nearly all Johnson so far."

Johnson shakes his head and reapproaches Bordeaux… but she fires off with a HUGE headbutt!! JJ stumbles backwards, allowing Trixie to connect with a series of slaps and then a kick to the groin!! Johnson is doubled over, allowing Trixie to apply a front facelock. Johnson proves a little too heavy for her, though, especially when he is anchoring down her weight, and she can't follow up with the intended suplex. Instead, the Legend is able to hoist her up instead, going for a delayed vertical of his own. He succeeds in holding her up in the air for a full fifteen seconds, the audience counting along with the move in Japanese.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Can you translate, Anzu?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "It's numbers, Jean-Luc. It's always numbers."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "The count increases, and the blood would be pooling in Trixie's head right now if it wasn't leaking out onto the man holding her and the ring below…"

Anzu Kurosawa: " … but somehow Trixie is able to drive a knee down into Johnson's head! And then a second!"

The third causes JJ to drop Trixie, with her landing on her feet behind him. The Legend turns around and looks to regain the advantage, charging immediately at Bordeaux… who flapjacks him right into the barbed wire spider's web!!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Gruesome scenes here in our final! It's now Johnson’s turn to find himself trapped in that unforgiving barbed wire."

Anzu Kurosawa: "I think Trixie's going to repay the favour, just in her own special way."

Johnson is facing out of the ring, struggling to wrench himself from the barbed wire, and Trixie kneels down below him… low blow!! Then another! A total of SIX rapid-fire low blows!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Jesus! Where's the humanity?!"

Trixie follows up with a schoolboy roll-up…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!!

Johnson kicks out!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie looking to slow things down with a rear naked choke…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "She does love a rest hold."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Who doesn't?!"

<< 09:34. >>

Trixie has maintained her advantage, and now has Johnson trapped in a rather ugly abdominal stretch (given his size advantage over her). Bordeaux grinds an elbow into Johnny's exposed sternum. Johnson is verbally insistent that he doesn't want to submit, and it seems Bordeaux doesn't think he's going to either, for she releases the abdominal stretch and transitions into a front facelock.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie Bordeaux is going for another suplex here… what is she thinking?! Does she not remember the last time?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "She has been hit in the head a fair few times today, Jean-Luc. Cut her some slack."

Trixie spends ten seconds or so trying to wrench Johnson up for the move, but once again he anchors his weight down and remains fixed to the mat… before reversing with a small package! OUT OF NOWHERE!

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

Bordeaux kicks out and immediately fights up to her feet, but a suddenly revitalised Johnson is there waiting for her. He knocks her down once with a short arm clothesline, before dragging her up and putting her down once again with a snap suplex of his own. Trixie is slower to rise this time, allowing Johnson to back up and then hit a running senton!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Quick offense in combination from Johnny Johnson!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But he doesn't go for a cover, instead electing to roll under the bottom row of barbed wire and search beneath the ring. I hope he doesn't have more cutlery down there…"

Instead of knives and forks, Johnson introduces a trio of weapons, each of which has been enhanced with barbed wire. First is a baseball bat wrapped in the stuff, which he throws into the ring, watching it land with a dull clunk next to Trixie. Next is a barbed wire chair, and - finally - a table wrapped in it, which he slides into the ring with some trouble considering his fatigue. He rolls in afterwards and first sets the table up at an angle in the corner. He notices that Trixie is coming to and is reaching for the bat, and so he places his boot atop of it to stop her from getting it. He picks the bat up and stands over Trixie, who is face down, lifting her head of the mat by the hair… and then scraping the barbed wire across her forehead!!

It's only over when he says it is, releasing Trixie after maybe thirty seconds of mutilation. Bordeaux slumps to the mat and JJ holds the bat in the air, as if in triumph, blood dripping from the foreign objects and onto the mat. Trixie is stirring slightly, much to his dismay, and so he discards the bar and picks up the steel chair. He backs away from his opponent, waiting for her to rise. She eventually does, turning to face Johnson as he comes towards her…

… and, somewhat surprisingly, Trixie drops to her knees. Johnson is surprised, too, momentarily halting with the chair aloft.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Is Trixie calling for a timeout?! There are no timeouts in pro wrestling!!"

It appears Johnson agrees, and he lifts the chair even higher…

… but the moment's hesitation is enough to allow Trixie to hit him with ANOTHER low blow!!!

Johnson drops the chair in front of him and doubles over. Trixie immediately grabs him in a front facelock…

Anzu Kurosawa: "SNAP DDT!! Onto the chair!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I'm only glad that she abandoned those ridiculous suplex aspirations."

Trixie hooks the leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE – NO!!

Johnson kicks out! Right on the cusp of three!

Trixie can't follow up, instead lying face down on the mat next to Johnson, the fans in rapturous applause for both of their exploits.

<< 13:52. >>

Trixie has Johnny backed up into the corner, his arms resting on top of the barbed wire, as she works away at him with alternating knife edge chops and open hand slaps. She hits a dozen of each in total, but her pace is slowing, and when she goes for the thirteenth chop Johnson is able to duck beneath it. The tables are turned, with Johnny now laying into Bordeaux with straight right hands. Johnny winds up for a big one… but Trixie fires off with a headbutt, staggering Johnson backwards.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "We've seen Trixie Bordeaux utilise that headbutt to good effect throughout this match. More pluck than sense of you ask me, given the state that her forehead is in."

JLW seems to be on the money, because Bordeaux instantly drops down to a knee herself after the headbutt, unable to immediately follow up whilst JJ shakes loose the cobwebs. With Trixie reeling, he charges in at her with a cornered clothesline, before picking Trixie up and placing her into the tree of woe!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Trixie's legs are trapped behind that barbed wire whilst Johnson works away at her with stomp after stomp!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Can't be a comfortable position for Bordeaux, but Johnson has her right where he wants her."

After stomping a mud hole into Bordeaux, Johnny plants his boot against her throat and pushes, her back arching across the turnbuckles and barbed wire, driving the air out of her as she finally works herself loose. She falls into a heap on the mat, Johnson wasting no time in hoisting her up to apply a cobra clutch.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Johnny Johnson is looking for Legend's End… this is how he finished Colby Sol in the semi finals."

Anzu Kurosawa: "But Trixie fights in desperation. She drives her elbow into the side of Johnny's head!"

The third such strike causes separation, Johnson stumbling into the middle of the ring and onto his knees. Trixie takes a deep breath, waiting for Johnson to rise, charging at him when he turns to face her…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie Bordeaux goes for that running shoulder tackle to the legs… but Johnny's playing a different sport! He has the barbed wire baseball bat in his hands!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And that ones OUTTA HERE!"

Johnny brings the barbed wire crashing across Trixie's face, Bordeaux immediately slumping to the mat as a dead weight.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trixie might be out!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Trixie might be dead!"

It takes some effort for Johnson to push Trixie over onto her back, and when he does he drives a shoulder into her face in the cover…

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "How?! On nothing but adrenaline… on nothing but fumes… Trixie manages to get the shoulder up!"

Johnny looks flabbergasted, seething in the official’s direction before he grabs Trixie by the hair and yanks her onto her feet once more. He reapplies his cobra clutch, looking to finish her off with one last big attack…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes Legend's End…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "But Trixie lets her weight go dead in Johnson's grasp! She's thrashing around like an obstinate child!!"

Johnson can't lift her, and so he lets her go and then immediately transitions into a front facelock.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "We’ve seen Johnson hit a brainbuster earlier today…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "But again Trixie is refusing to budge… AND THEN SHE REVERSES!!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "At the third time of asking, Trixie manages to get Johnson up and over with a suplex! Although Johnson’s shifting weight almost turned that into a brainbuster of her own!!"

Johnson rolls away from Trixie, backing away into a corner… but he doesn’t realise that he’s backing into the corner with the barbed wire table that he set up earlier on in the match! He sits back, hoping for turnbuckles but finding barbed wire!!

And Trixie senses her moment! She charges in…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "BUNDLE OF FUN!! This time Trixie connects with the cannon ball, through the table! Into the barbed wire!"

The crowd’s energy is palpable as Johnson, instinctively, drags himself out of the wreckage and the wire. Trixie is waiting for him, though…

Anzu Kurosawa: "HOCUS POCUS!! HOCUS POCUS!!"

Trixie gets up to her feet once more, the blood gushing from her as she looks down at Johnson. He’s still stirring, and she doesn’t go for the cover just yet. Instead, she collects table debris from the corner and places it atop Johnson’s frame, the barbed wire pressed down onto his body. Then, she turns back to the corner, climbing up to the top turnbuckle whilst facing away from the ring…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "WHISTLING TRIXIE!! Trixie hits it! She hits it!"

She has to throw the table debris off Johnson again before collapsing onto Johnson into a cover…

ONE… TWO… THREE!!

Trixie Bordeaux defeats Johnny Johnson via pinfall at 18:20..

Neither of the wrestlers move immediately, the bell ringing and Trixie’s music blaring out. Trixie is able to roll off Johnny Johnson but nothing more, the slow rising and falling of her chest the only sign that she’s alive.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Here is your winner of King of the Deathmatch III… and the NEEEEEEW FWA X Champion… TRIXIE… BORDEAUUUUUXXXXX!!!!”

The call of her name seems to shake Trixie back to life, with the young woman suddenly sitting up as if awakened. She glances up at the official, who is holding her newly won championship belt. She points to herself and words the question ‘mine?’. The official responds to her question by nodding, helping her up, and then handing her the championship belt.

Trixie Bordeaux stands with her first silverware as a singles competitor in the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance, staring at it for a moment, hardly able to believe her eyes. Then, as the official lifts her right hand in victory, she raises the championship belt with her left hand, the audience cheering her efforts over the course of the day.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”She's done it! She's actually done it! After a disappointing early exit from King of the Deathmatch II, Trixie Bordeaux has come back a year later and won the whole thing! And she does it with a gargantuan effort: four victoria in one calendar day, which may even be an FWA first.”

Anzu Kurosawa: ”And now she stands in the ring as the newly crowned FWA X Champion, not to mention the first Queen of the Deathmatch! That Crown of Thorns is going to look great on her… if she's willing to go to the International Space Station to get it back, of course.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”That remains to be seen, but such decisions can wait for another day. This evening, Trixie can revel in what she's achieved: the first Queen of the Deathmatch, and the first female X Champion since Michelle von Horrowitz more than four years ago.”

Anzu Kurosawa: ”And, judging by the microphone in her hand, it appears our new Queen has something to say at her coronation!”

Indeed, Trixie has a mic in hand and is currently breathing heavily into it, staggering slightly after the exertions of the final match and indeed of the tournament as a whole.

Trixie Bordeaux: ”Wow.”

She shakes her head, almost in disbelief at what she has accomplished. She lifts the microphone to speak again, but before she can the official appears at her shoulder to whisper into her ear.

Trixie Bordeaux: “I’ve gotta wait. I'm getting cues, hold on…”

FtBMD7I.png

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
credits/thanks:
- massive thank you to Welshy and OJ who offered writing matches and then helped me with booking the match-ups in the show. they were both a huge help in putting the show together and brought some great ideas to the table.
- big thank you to TGO, Sully, Gurry, Blaine, Jimmy, Welshy, and OJ for contributing the excellent segments in the show.
- and of course thank you to Dubb and Man who helped me with grading.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Awesome show SS, Welshy, and OJ. It's always awesome when people step up to help make these things possible.

Congrats to Welshy - I've said it before that Trixie is one of my favorite characters right now. I have enjoyed her growth since starting and then the whole run with the Coven. This was well deserved and of all the really strong promos for the show, Trixie's definitely was the one that separated itself.

It was a fun field and cool to see JJ getting some love. Really enjoyed the emotional impact of his promo but the promos I had ranked from like 2-7 were all within like 1 point in grading it was so damn close. Shout to Colby for a strong run as well - think there are big things in store for him in the fed. Very intrigued about the storyline going on between XYZ and The Coven as well. And always fun to see Sawyer getting to do some fun stuff. Another emotional promo that I thoroughly enjoyed.

So, yeah, kudos to everyone who participated.