Future of Nexus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
Bucks vs. Gators

Whos going to win tonights NCAA Mens Basketball game? The Ohio State Buckyes (fuck yes!) or........ florida gators

Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
you suck gators win naanaa noonoo nooney.....
ill give you pity rep so you dont crap all over me

circle

Reaction score
OSU almost had it, but hats off to Oden b/c he was the man!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- An idea was brought up by WWE creative recently to put Zack Ryder in a new group with WWE Tag Team Champions David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty, who may be without a stable if or when Nexus dies after CM Punk's departure.

- Speaking of Nexus' future, Mason Ryan will likely be repackaged. There has been talk of using him as a bodyguard for either The Miz or Alberto Del Rio.
That would be some awkward shit to put Ryder with those two. As far as Mason goes it has become too typical for the big dude to be somebodies body guard but between those names mention for Del Rio it would make more sense.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I love Zack Ryder but I think it would be a stupid idea to put him with them. However I won't complain as long as it gets Ryder more exposure. I would have just do it differently and put Baretta and Hawkins with him. I think all of the Nexus needs to split and test things on there own.

As far as Ryan being a bodyguard, I don't think it should be Miz or Del Rio since Miz just got rid of Riley and Del Rio has Rodriguez. I think it would make more sense for Ryan to be paired with someone who needs him as well as him needing them. Why not have Otunga go as a single's wrestler and Ryan could bodyguard him?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Even after seeing what happened on Raw with Ryder I think this just random thoughts floating around. The WWE creative have been incredibly busy lately, I'm sure these are just a few things coming up with a few more weeks of thinking I don't think any of these will develop like this.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I love any idea that gets Ryder actually on Tv, but in my opnion the Nexus has been dead formonths, when Cm punk first joined Nexus, it was awesome, but it got old real qick, and if Punks leaving WWE anyways the Nexus doesn't have much of a future.

And the whole "body guard" thing doesn't make sense in wrestling anymore in my opnion.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Woo woo woo, the job squad is back.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Personally, I wouldn't care if I ever saw Mike or Otunga again.

Mason Ryan should NOT become a bodyguard for Del Rio (did big things for Brodus Clay, right?). The Miz would be a bit more interesting, but as someone said Miz just dumped Riley so it would be a step backwards for both of them. I'd love to see Ryan get used, but I honestly don't have any ideas for him right now.

And Nexus just needs to disband, it's embaressing now. Ryder joining wouldn't do him any favors either, he'd just be going down with a sinking ship.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah out of all the orignal Nexus members, Wade Barret is the only one i really want to see stick around WWE. I like Slater and Gabriel also, but the whole idea of the Corre is pointless. They need toget rid of both its just a waste of time now. I also see the WWE putting Cody, Ted and McGillicutty together at some point. Which wouldn't be a bad idea if it's done the correct way.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The Corre was disbanded a month or so ago. Only Gabriel and Slater remain as a tag team.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think WWE should stop creating new stables for awhile. The ideas are getting repetitive. It's all Nexus fallout because the angle worked so well last year. Then maybe in a few months(more like 6 months) of thinking and seeing how the landscape of WWE is another group with a different type of identity could be formed. That would be refreshing to see and probably would be a good surprise.

jax_the_ax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
vader
All this stable talk can't help but make me think they are trying to strike it rich again, like they did with evolution, dx, the 4 horsemen, NWO etc. Instead of making new ideas they are just rehashing the stable idea again and again.