Full List of 2012 Film Releases from WWE Studios

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The full list of films being produced or co-produced by WWE Films for 2012 is listed below, followed by any relavant information known to us at this time.

-Bending the Rules; set for release in April, directed by Artie Mandelberg, and staring Jennifer Esposito (Crash), Philip Baker Hall (50/50, Bruce Almighty) and featuring WWE Hall of Famer, Adam "Edge" Copeland.

-Barricade; directed by Andrew Currie, staring Jody Thompson (The 4400, 2012) and Eric McCormack (Will and Grace).

-Stainless Steel

-No One Lives

-The Marine 3; will feature John Cena reprising his role as John Triton.

Will most likely only watch The Marine 3. Cena did a decent job in The Marine but he wasn't that good and I sort of liked the second one with DiBiase better. Of course I'm going to torrent it though. Most of these except The Marine 3 will be straight-to-dvd anyway.

Hopefully CM Punk does a movie this year. "No One Lives" sounds good for Punk.

Last edited:

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I'm with you on the Marine 3. However, most WWE movies suck. I didn't think The first Marine and 12 Rounds were bad. Not good but not horrible.

Quad

Reaction score
To this day, only Rock has gained my interest in movies. Stone Cold slightly, but he's very one-dimensional.

Interested in the Marine 3 though, as to how they follow up the first one.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Isn't Brodus Clay meant to be in one of these?

For me WWE Films will struggle running the same format they run now. The budgets are too high for a direct to DVD sales program. They need to get back into theatres and aim to make $10+ million there before hitting the home market. They also need to focus on things that will interest WWE fans so no dramas or ridiculous comedies, go for action films and horror films.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
424278_247839541965125_119292348153179_564654_731734058_n.jpg

424964_387138247967011_234316693249168_1682581_1390723872_n.jpg

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Why does WWE still continue with these movies when they're shit? WWE is all about money and I bet the majority of these movies don't even break even on production. WWE often complains about money so why not drop the movie shit and focus on wrestling?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't understand why WWE doesn't just try and get their guys into actual movies made by real film companies or even TV shows as surely that would bring them a lot more exposure. It just seems that however good or bad these WWE films are, they just want to try and get a foot into Hollywood and land some connections.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
The Marine 3?

:lmao

I'm struggling to think why they even bother with this crap.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't understand why WWE doesn't just try and get their guys into actual movies made by real film companies or even TV shows as surely that would bring them a lot more exposure. It just seems that however good or bad these WWE films are, they just want to try and get a foot into Hollywood and land some connections.
Probably scared that they would be a case like The Rock and be able to move on without them. But I do think it'd do more good to do it that way rather than WWE keep doing it this way as WWE films aren't ever gonna be accepted the way they want them to be.

That Edge moving just based on that image looks shitty already.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Cant wait for Behind the rules.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why does WWE still continue with these movies when they're shit? WWE is all about money and I bet the majority of these movies don't even break even on production. WWE often complains about money so why not drop the movie shit and focus on wrestling?

The early films made them quite a bit of money so I can see why they stick with it. I know that The Condemned lost them money and that recent on with Orton lost them a heap. If they stick with action films they will make a profit in the long run.

There was a time a couple of years ago when it seemed like every few weeks there was a WWE star on one of the USA Network shows. WWE should try to get that happening again to get a bit more cross promotion going.