FRiCTION #3 @ New Alhambra Arena, Philadelphia, PA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

03mnm

Reaction score
What happened to Raven ?

Raven hasn't won a match in TNA since beating Larry Zbyszko on July 16th 2006 at victory road he hasn't won on TNA free TV since Sept 9th 2005 when he teamed with Sabu to beat Abyss and Rhino,
He has not won a one on one match on TV since beating august 26 2005.
Since losing the world title to Jeff Jarrett off TV, Raven has not won a match of any kind on impact. These facts really sadden me as I am a big Raven fan. Every time I see him on TV he seems to have more gained weight and his completely lost his wrestling ability. What happened to the man who revolutionized ECW he is now fat and cant wrestle I think Raven is finished with wrestling.

xtremebadass

He is leading Serotonin, with Maverick Matt, Kazarian, and Johnny Devine, it's pretty stupid, he looks like he is part of Panic at the Disco

This Guy

He's getting old, he's quite badly beat up from the years of abuse and basically is more or less retired from active in ring role. He probably will continue to be an on air character, but I beleive Raven is probably done as an in ring competitor.

reddragonnf

Reaction score
With all the abuse that he has taken it is suprising that he can even walk.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I remember reading somthing a while ago that he had an illness or disease of some sort where he gained alot of weight fast because of it,Raven is older and out of shape but im sure we ll see a few more awesome hardcore matches from him before he retires.

Reaction score
Raven leading Seratonin, whilst it's a weak faction right now, is the right thing for a guy of his age and condition to be doing. That or commentary, which frankly he would rule at.

03mnm

Reaction score
Yeah that would actually be cool to have Raven as a heel commentor. Him or Nash on the announce team could be really sweet and Raven does still wrestler he is the UWX World Champion.

zanekd1

Reaction score
he's pullin a scott hall,gettin old,losin abilty,becoming fat,and still tryin to get into wrestling

This Guy

Yeah that would actually be cool to have Raven as a heel commentor. Him or Nash on the announce team could be really sweet and Raven does still wrestler he is the UWX World Champion.

I said the same as Raven should be on the announce team. Nash is a bad idea, he may be funny, but despite what Nash seems to think, his antics including the PCS crap isn't getting people over. Nash on announcing is all about him, always has.

he's pullin a scott hall,gettin old,losin abilty,becoming fat,and still tryin to get into wrestling

Thats not a fair comparison. Scott Hall is lazy and a drug/alchol abusing person. Raven got injured and just has never been able to heal up properly to lose the weight properly. And he's not trying to get in the ring.

Nate 2

Reaction score
personally i've never rated Raven as a worker..in his ECW days i was more of a fan of Taz, Van Dam, Corino, and Jerry Lynn..in WCW i was more into Flair, DDP, Nash and Benoit, Malenko and Guerrero..and in the WWF/E he never went anywhere of note and was a midcarder who never really did anything to make me cheer for him then. Now in TNA again i dont rate him, or his work...so personally i dont have a problem with him being used as poorly as people see him being used.

koberulz

Reaction score
I said the same as Raven should be on the announce team. Nash is a bad idea, he may be funny, but despite what Nash seems to think, his antics including the PCS crap isn't getting people over. Nash on announcing is all about him, always has.

He's a heel, and he's not on the creative team.

JBL was no different. Look where he is now.

This Guy

He's a heel, and he's not on the creative team.

JBL was no different. Look where he is now.

Nash in not really a heel or a face as he is working with all the X-Division stars and seems to be buddy buddy with all of them. Being on the creative team or not, this PCS thing was still his idea that he pitched that they are going with. Anyone who listens to TNA stars when they are in the media know that they are only given bullet points. The rest is up to them. Nash thinks this is going to make guys like Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal into house hold names, the bottom line is though, fans are getting pissed because the one thing TNA always had going for it no matter how bad it was, was great X-Division matches. Now the X-Division is nothing more then Nash's attempt to keep himself in the spotlight and on TV. If I ran TNA, first I'd fire Russo, then I'd fire Nash.

As for JBL (not that this is on topic either), the reason he started out as a self glorifying and still does on occasion, is because its the arogance of the character that he was prior to becoming an announcer. But even in those first broadcasts with JBL you would always hear him make comments like "I'll give the devil his due" JBL is slowly becoming one of the greatest colour men in announcing. JBL knows how to sell anyone and make them into a million dollars. If he was on TNA instead of Don West, he could turn all of the X-Division guys into household names just be calling there matches.

On topic, Raven was very simalar in his broadcast days. Raven doing colour for TNA would be more effective for getting people over in TNA then Nash & the PCS.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
«FRiCTION #3»
Live from The Arena,
Philadelphia, PA!!!

[youtube]yXO1uL4FEds[/youtube]

* The entrance video fades away as the music continues to play. The show opens with fireworks going off from the ceiling the screen now shows the camera from the skybox, and the action packed ground on its feet for the show leading up to ZGA’s first ever PPV, Zeroversary. The fans are jumping up and down; the crowd is ecstatic tonight, rearing to see the third installment of the most compelling show on television, ZGA FRiCTION! The crowd has heard via the internet and wrestling radio of new acquisitions to the show and they just can’t wait for it to get started. The camera zooms through the crowd, closer now so that the signs can be visible. Some signs read things such as: ERIC-HOPE-YOU-FALL-DOWN-A-CANYON!...SAVE-ME-DANTE!...YOU-GOT-ZIG-ZAGGED!...JOHN-MENO-IS-ZGA!...The camera then cuts to the announcers who are at ringside.*

“Welcome ZGA Nation for another edition of ZGA FRiCTION on Xtreme Activity.tv. “ announces Daniel Cole, “I’m Daniel Cole, and beside me is my broadcast partner Josh Drew.”

“So…so we’re switching it up now?” J.D says, looking at Cole

“Switching what up?” Daniel Cole asked

“You, you stole my line,” exclaimed J.D, “I mean you literally took my line. You’re the broadcast partner; I’m the first person to announce the opening.”

“Well I don’t see the~~” Cole began to say

“Oh course you don’t,” J.D replied, “Now on to the show. Tonight we have a VERY big announcement that will forever change ZGA for the better.”

“So you say.” Cole says, “Me and just about every good guy backstage thinks this change is BS.”

“That’s because you don’t understand anything Cole,” J.D replied, “ZGA needed money, this guy got the money and he is the man with the plan in ZGA.”

“But he~~” Cole stops himself, “Well we are already giving too much away as it is. Here to start off the show, is our Founder and my boss, Christian Knight.”

*Knight is standing in the ring with a microphone in hand.*

“So I know I come out here every week and talk to you fans about ZGA’s progress pretty much and I’m doing the same tonight yes, but I’m going to have a little help see,” Knight said this without the usual smile on his face, “ZGA is a great company and no one wants to see it fail. That’s why I allowed for certain shares of the company to be bought by private investors. To my surprise, one man outbid everyone else and bought all of the available shares, thus giving him a very great percentage of voting power in the company.”

“It’s not professional to talk about these matters with the general public,” whispered Josh Drew to Daniel Cole

“Shh!” replied Cole

“So I will be~~” he is cut off by music blasting through the loudspeakers.

*A white limousine drives through the side entrance and comes around to the entrance ramp. The driver gets out, dressed in all black and opens the back door. Out steps a man who could only be the shareholder Knight was talking about. He is wearing s suit and has his hair slicked back with a cowboy hat on his head. The man has a microphone in hand and a smirk on his face. When he talks, he has a sort of southern drawl.*

“Now let me tell you something Chris.” He began, “I don’t like the way you were talking just now. Boy you need to understand the time and place to discuss some things and this is not that moment to be talking about what is going on in ZGA’s financial world. See boy, you’re wet behind the ears, that’s why I’m here in ZGA. So that’s one reason I threw my hat in the game. I know how to run a company and you know that Chris. But there are people around here who don’t approve of me, don’t approve of you not having complete control as you used to. Yeah, I hear the rumors. I been surfing the net or whatever you call it; I know what some of these wrestlers have said as spoilers for the show on sites like “Tweeter” and “Spacebook”. That is why, as my first executive decision, I have taken it upon myself to find those most loyal, most determined, and most likely to succeed, to follow me in this new chapter in ZGA. These men, these men have what it takes to be at the top and stay there. But most of all…these men have to have…F8te.”

“We heard Dante Cross speak of this last week,” Daniel Cole said, “Could this be what we suspected all along?”

“There have always been those outstanding performers in major wrestling promotions,” TCL continued, “There have been names throughout the ages that can accredit their rise to superstardom from some group that wanted to add a little flair to their companies. One such group that comes to mind is none other than the Four Horsemen. They were the best of the best, whenever they came up, everyone knew they meant business. I want to remake some of that glory, but only BETTER! That is why I have brought the best of the best in ZGA and formed this group.” He walks down the ramp and gets into the ring; Knight just stands there shaking his head disapprovingly, “Now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for, introducing; the man who will change ZGA forever, Dante…CROSS!”

*Dante steps out of the limo. He has his shades on and looks to the left then right, followed by tugging at his suit jacket before walking towards and into the ring; he beside TCL.*

“Kris Cross!”

*Kris comes from out of the limo and smirks. He points to Dante in the ring and grins. He walks into the ring and goes to Dante, who puts his hand on his shoulder.*

“Kenyon!”

“Kenyon?!!” exclaimed Daniel Cole

“Fuck yeah!” exclaimed Josh Drew

*Kenyon leaps out of the limo and lands on his feet. He extends his hands and receives a chorus of boos for his effort. He frowns and says, “Fuck you!” to the fans closest to him. They flip him off and he turns away, ignoring them, walking on into the ring. With all members in the ring, TCL begins to talk again.*

“Do any of you fans know the meaning of power?” he asked, “Power. This, this is FRiCTION, with POWER. Dante…Kris…Kenyon. I have not been here long and already have threats coming in to me. With all the people breathing down my neck, I worry about walking the hallways and wondering if some overzealous bastard is going try to play his luck. So, to make sure I stay calm, cool, collected, pampered, loved and schmoozed, I hired an insurance policy. So you threatening smurfs in the back, you bastards who don’t know what power is, your luck has run out! Do not screw around with TCL!” he says these last few statements with much volume. “You’re looking at The F8te Club. THIS is ZGA. We OWN ZGA!”

“Now hold up there!” cut in Christian Knight, “I own ZGA, make no mistake about it. You may be the executive shareholder but I still control everything else, you have stock in the company, your part owner, but I make the final decisions. Now I knew you were going to do this, get these guys together like this. So I countered it before it kicked off~~”

“No you hold up Chris,” said Dante, taking the mic from TCL, “This is ZGA. This is the house that Dante Cross made! This is mine; these hands paved the road, my blood painted these damn walls. I bled and lived ZGA! This is MY house!”

“You may have helped build it Dante,” Chris says, “But I own it. This is mine. This company is in my name; I am the founder.” He turned to TCL, “You think I don’t know what you’re trying to do? You think I don’t know you are trying to overthrow me. I know your plan and as I was saying, I have a counter group to combat the inevitable.” He looks to the entrance stage, “Come on out guys.”

*From the back come John Hudson, Shawn Kennedy, and Steve Blackboard. They comes into the ring and stand across from the F8te Club. Christian stands in front of them and faces TCL.*

“Now wait a minute, wait a minute,” TCL says, “What’s that piece of shit John Hudson doing with the ZGA television title?” pointing at Hudson, who has the title around his waist.

“Watch ZGA Video Wire,” Knight says simply, “Now back to this. I have my group, Crisis Effect, you have yours. So you see that you won’t just be committing a hostile takeover, so why not just stop now and end this before it gets out of hand.”

TCL looks back and nods to the F8te Club, as if agreeing, he looks back at Knight, “before this gets out of hand?” he says, “I’ll show you out of hand.”

*TCL punches Knight with the hand he held the mic and before Knight hits the floor, his team Crisis Effect and F8te Club are already trading blows. TCL ducks as John comes at him with a clothesline and John runs right into a shot from brass knuckles by Dante Cross. He falls to the mat, holding his face, his nose bleeding. Shawn and Kris are trading shots and as Shawn gets the best of the shots, Kris rakes his eyes and Shawn turns away, in which times, Kris drops to both his knees and hits Shawn with a Low Blow from behind. Dante, who went outside the ring to get a chair comes back into the ring and comes from behind Steve Blackboard and hits him with the chair. TC has lifted Christian Knight by his color and throws him to the mat. The members of F8te Club are now stomping John Hudson, who is trying to get back to his feet. He struggles to his feet and is trying to fight back. Dante hits him with the chair again which sends him back down. Kris and Kenyon each grab an arm and keep him on his knees as Dante goes and picks up John’s TV title. He looks at the title before swinging it, hitting John across the face with it. TCL calls the boys over and point to Knight. The group begins to stomp the Founder, who alls up and is unable to defend himself. Shawn runs up and hits Kenyon from behind but Dante hits him with the chair he still has and puts him down for the count when he gives Shawn a few shots to the body. The assault continues on Knight as TCL takes off his belt. “Hold ‘em; hold ‘em!” Kris garbs Knight’s Legs as Kenyon grabs his arms and Dante rips off his shirt, revealing his back. TCL has the buckle end at the end and begins to whip Christian Knight with the buckle end of the belt.*

“Somebody do something damn it!” yelled Daniel Cole, “That’s the damn boss!”

‘Then you do something,” said J.D, “My boss is beating your boss.”

“My god you’re an asshole.” Daniel Cole says disgusted. “How can you like this.”

“I don’t” J.D says, ‘I love it!”

*Steve leaps over and puts himself over Christian Knight and takes a couple of the shots before the F8te Club begin to stomp him and pick him up before unceremoniously throwing him over the ropes and hitting the ring floor hard. TCL must have gotten tired of the beating because he puts his hand up, to hold the rest back. He kicks Knight one last time before turning around and picking up the mic.*

“ *pant* pant* This is a show of the power The F8te Club has,” he says, “So get used to it because we are here and we are taking over; a matter of fact…just fact…smile, and be proud of the fact, *pant* that The F8te Club…is in ZGA.”

*The group gets in the center of the ring and bend their ring fingers down and the remaining four fingers are left upwards, a variation of the Four Horsemen’s sign (Fourtune’s current hand sign). The camera fades and goes to commercial.*

{Singles Match}
Caliente vs. Ashley Lawrence w/Beth Hardy as Special Guest Referee

{Singles Match}
Clone vs. Alex Williamson

{Singles Match}
Cyrus vs. Eric Canyon

{Tables Match}
John Anderson vs. Shawn Kennedy
-First man to put his opponent through a table wins.

{Quest for the Gold: Singles Match}
John Meno vs. Rob Zigga

{Finisher Match}
John Hudson vs. Kenyon vs. Steve Blackboard
-The first person to hit their finisher on the opponent wins the match. Note: The opponent doesn’t always stay down after even taking a finisher, so you can be somewhat innovative.

Card Due: September 27, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.