FRiCTION #1 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Cross

Reaction score
{Quest for the Gold: Falls Count Anywhere Match}
Sam Skybreaker vs. Manny Zeno

The winner of this match will go on to face the winner of our next match, in the main event on either FRiCTION #2 or our first PPV. In this match, pinfall or submission can occur anywhere in the Action Arena.

Rob Zigga makes surprise appearance and debuts, picking up the quick win against Skybreaker.
Winner: Rob Zigga

Dante Cross

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]{Quest for the Gold: Singles Match}[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dante Cross vs. Axel Vain[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

A traditional singles match up with the ZGA twist. Only way to win is by pinfall or submission. There are no count outs or hold limits, though rope breaks are still in play. The winner advances in the mini-tournament for the ZGA World Championship!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Dante Cross beats Axel Vain and proves why he is the best in ZGA.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Winner: Dante Cross[/FONT]

Dante Cross

Reaction score
{ZGA Television Title Match: Stairway to Hell Match}
Dave Spielberg vs. Carl Electro

Carl Electro

Promos: You had no pre-match hype, you simply started the match.

Ring Work: The only area where I saw you really do some kind of selling or describe the pain was when Spielberg was thrown off of the ladder and he was hurt too badly to get right back up. What I’m happy to see is that you didn’t have the guys get right back up after being hit with moves and you, for a first match, kept the guys positioned correctly enough. I mean you did not have any time where someone is hit with a move in the ring and the next minute the two are fighting outside the ring. But one area I think you should work on is when you were hit with a DDT when you and Spielberg were on the ladder and Spielberg hit you with a kick and then the DDT; I did not know if it was hit on the ladder or he hit it and Spielberg and Carl fell to the floor, either one would have been awesome.

Entertainment: Let’s see, the match was pretty good. I mean there were spots which I did not understand like in the beginning with both Carl and Dave confused and all, I didn’t get that. But I used my imagination to piece the match together even though it could have been more descriptive than it was. The better the description, the better the reader can visualize the match and this helps entertainment.

Overness: I liked how the match did not focus the entire match only about you, in fact, Spielberg dominated much of the match. You pulled off moves here and there and came off as a good heel in the match by doing some heelish tactics like the low blow and hair pulling. Spielberg dominated some parts of the match and I liked that, a match is very unrealistic if one person is controlling the entire thing, pretty back and forth here.

Move Variety: Spinning neckbreaker, crossbody, dropkick, pretty normal moves, nothing unique in the match, not even a finisher from either opponent.

Innovation: You used chairs, Singapore canes, and that’s about it. Weapons yes, but you did not use them in any innovative ways, maybe you could have done a Russian Legsweep with the cane on the outside of the ring or something, but you didn’t so that hurts you here.

Finish: The match was back and forth and it looked as if Dave was going to take the win but you came in at the last second and got the title. There was so much more you could have done with that but alas, you did not. There was no after match segment either, you could have had a celebration and maybe Dave getting revenge on you or you cutting some kind of promo.

Dave Spielberg:

Promos: I liked the promo, confrontations always are good to hype an upcoming match. Though what I didn’t get was the part about the fat jokes. Carl Electro isn’t fat, he is buff; that was kind of weird. Again I say I like the confrontation and it put both competitors over and the commentator’s parts were pretty nice as well. It was well written but next time I advice you press enter two times after going to a new paragraph or another person starts talking during dialogue.

Ring Work: I liked your working ability here; you did not let the guys get right back up. You described their pain and were very consistent with the injuries to some extent. They get hit with a move and later you tell how they are coughing still and rubbing an injured body part. Then there’s how someone is hit with move like Dave is hit with a Suplex and is sells the pain, awesome. I just think you have more ring work ability than me as I read this match, you have the guy climbing the ladder then stop to take a breather and you kept Spielberg outside the ring long enough; just awesome man.

Entertainment: The match was just VERY good. In the beginning, your ring working was amazing to me. I can’t work as well as you did then but to that note, you did not show consistently. You stopped selling the match, I lost interest near the end when you started getting really extreme and were not selling as you should have. Also, the descriptions could have been better. But I must give it to you, overall, the entertainment was good, but work on your promos and mic skills.

Overness: You had Carl dominate well in this match, I mean you shined a lot and Carl did as well. There was evenness here and especially how Sam and Beth could not take out the big, strong, Carl Electro. The match was back and forth, which I like to see for the most part, though there were spots were Carl dominated more and that’s not bad if you want to do that.

Move Variety: Pumptacular, Dropkick, Suplex, neckbreakers, all normal moves and nothing too special here.

Innovation: Your innovation was dead on. You were thrown off the ladder and hit the ropes, use the chair to hit an Avalance, use the kendo stick to jump down on it and choke Dave with a stomp to the stick. Then there is the hurricanrana through the announce table, suplex through the flaming table, matches in the nostrils, Pumptacular from 20ft in the air, Spear off the ladder into Dave who was hanging from the barbed wire ball surrounding the title. Just bravo.

Finish: The finish was not too good, you didn’t sell at all near the end of the match, you should have played on Dave’s mangled hand more since it was shredded by the barbed wire. You should have sold the burning table spot better and there was so much you could have done that affected the ending of this match that it takes away from a good showing. The finish was not all too good seeing as he just threw him into the barrier and all. The finish should be one of THE spots in the match; it should be amazing and great. The after match events really showed no selling either, especially since Dave just came out of a grueling match, he should be panting and tired and wincing in pain. His should be barely able to stand and Carl should not have gotten back up so early, the least you could have done was have Carl groggily holding his head on the floor in pain.

Promos: Dave
Ring Work: Dave
Entertainment: Dave
Overness: Dave
Move Variety: Carl
Innovation: Dave
Finish: Dave

Overall Winner and Inaugural ZGA Television Champion…Dave Spielberg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.