• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Frank Mir's next fight

xtremebadass

SOURCE: MMAScoops.com

It is being reported that a heavyweight battle between Cheick Kongo and two-time former UFC champion Frank Mir is slated for UFC 107 in Memphis, Tennessee.

Kongo holds a 14-5-1 pro mark, however dropped a convincing unanimous decision to Cain Velasquez at UFC 99 in his last outing.

Speaking of being dominated, Mir unsuccessfully applied the face-to-fist defense against Brock Lesnar at UFC 100 a couple weeks back. Although Mir fought valiantly, he was simply overpowered by the massive undisputed heavyweight champion.

Mir’s camp tells Sportsnet they have not yet been approached about the scrap, however they are definitely down.

Man, Mir is at the bottom of the ladder now, he will have to rebound big time and get past this fight, maybe even 1 or 2 more after this to get a title shot at Brock.

I wonder if he loses this fight he will bitch just like he did against Brock.

Switchy

Both guys got a lot to prove after both getting beaten by bigger guys in their last fights in pretty similar fashion (well in terms of the overall fights, not the finishes) and I think Mir will win but I'm backing Kongo.

This fight is another one of those that will be a classic or it will be boring. Kongo has strong standup while Mir has a strong ground game but has shown his standup skills also against Nog and I think this is either gonna be a standup war or a chess match down on the mat with Mir using his BJJ against Kongo's stregnth.

The fight can go either way because of some of these guys unique attributes and I'm definately looking forward to it (if it happens, that is).

xtremebadass

I am not expecting much from this fight. Normally I am very optimisitic to fights, but this one I just don't see the sparks happening. I am too pretty sure Mir will win, just to get us closer to Mir/Lesnar III, but I am backing Kongo, gotta love that crazy bastard.

Klide

Kongo is kick ass but like what XBA said Mir would win and get one step to lesnar Mir III which I actually want to see . If there were to be lesnar Mir III this would be basicaly for all the marbles.

xtremebadass

I will feel so bad for Kongo though when Mir beats him. Kongo was on top of the world, they were talking about him getting a title shot and everything, but then Velasquez beat him, then Mir is gunna beat him, that's gunna suck, Kongo will have to win his next fight after the Mir fight if there is even going to be one.

MTG

Mir could take this fight no problem IF he decides to stick to his gameplan and take it to the ground. Kongo has a week ground game but his striking is probably one of the best in the HW division. If Mir makes the mistake of trying to stand with kongo he's toast. I hate Mir so I'm hoping Kongo worked on his take down defense.

Wrestling Station

Lol, Mir is no were near Lesnar's title anymore. In the picture right now is Carwin/Cain and in the near future, Fedor.

MTG

I still don't think cain deserves a title shot, he didn't look great against Kongo and brock would destroy him. Brock would destroy him on the feet and cains stron point is his wrestling and i think brocks ground game is alot better.

xtremebadass

Lol, Mir is no were near Lesnar's title anymore. In the picture right now is Carwin/Cain and in the near future, Fedor.

Actually Fedor is going to become a pain in the ass to both Carwin and Velasquez. Dana wants Fedor getting the first crack at Lesnar when he signs. I don't know what this will mean for Carwin and Velasquez.

Switchy

If Fedor was to sign for UFC and got a title shot straight away, I think the winner of Carwin/Velasquez would face someone like Nog or maybe even face the winner of this match possibly. Kinda unfair how Fedor is guaranteed a title shot though if the rumours are true.

xtremebadass

Fedor comes in and takes a crap on the whole division *in russian accent* "get out my way I will smash you*

Klide

^I like Mir but....

16ht861.jpg