• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Forum Updates 06/17/2017 - New Theme, Profile Covers

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
I am a biiiiiiig fan of the new look. I personally don't spend much time on the front page so I'm not too bothered about it (although I do actually think it's an improvement), but stuff like the reply box, the new layout of thread posts, and that top bar... :emoji_heart_eyes:

394ad21cfb50da514dcf0987e1d1e386.png

Truly phenomenal...

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
So I like the overall design, but I'm not too hot on the colors on the main page. I would prefer just the normal for that. If you do keep the colors, I would change the color of the general wwe thread because I think that it is too close to the normal thread colors.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Don't like it. Font for alerts looks like it is zoomed in for 90 year olds to read, but the rest of the dropdown menus for the top are normal size. The colors and box format in general, as I stated unofficially before, remind me of Windows 8 or some horrible Apple product, and make the main page look...not cramped, but not stretched either. Maybe both? I don't know exactly how to describe it except unorganized. The old format had order to it, and I feel like people's main focus will be more on whichever boxes happen to be placed on the left than the right. The column view was a much better look in my opinion.

Aside from my opinion that no one will actually care about because "kids" these days are suckers for updates and just follow the crowd as to what's "popular"...there is a technical issue I've been experiencing for the past few days since the update, though I know little about fancy computer tech stuff so it may or may not be related. But basically, if I am on other tabs for more than say, 30 minutes (I haven't tested enough to find a more precise time frame), and then I click back over to this page, I get a blank page that isn't loading. Then I hit reload, and it will give me the non-responsive "kill/wait" box. If I kill, I have to reload again and it will reload and bring me back to the site. I have tried waiting, just to see if it would eventually load itself, but after a minute or so of this, it just gives me the box again. It doesn't do this to me for other sites/tabs, and like I said it only started doing this after the update. Using Chrome, if that helps. If anyone else has this issue, feel free to reword what I said so it's not just a semi-vague wall of text, and also to help check into this problem. Or to let me know that it's just me and my computer is a piece of shit that can't handle simple websites. Thanks

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Don't like it. Font for alerts looks like it is zoomed in for 90 year olds to read, but the rest of the dropdown menus for the top are normal size. The colors and box format in general, as I stated unofficially before, remind me of Windows 8 or some horrible Apple product, and make the main page look...not cramped, but not stretched either. Maybe both? I don't know exactly how to describe it except unorganized. The old format had order to it, and I feel like people's main focus will be more on whichever boxes happen to be placed on the left than the right. The column view was a much better look in my opinion.

Aside from my opinion that no one will actually care about because "kids" these days are suckers for updates and just follow the crowd as to what's "popular"...there is a technical issue I've been experiencing for the past few days since the update, though I know little about fancy computer tech stuff so it may or may not be related. But basically, if I am on other tabs for more than say, 30 minutes (I haven't tested enough to find a more precise time frame), and then I click back over to this page, I get a blank page that isn't loading. Then I hit reload, and it will give me the non-responsive "kill/wait" box. If I kill, I have to reload again and it will reload and bring me back to the site. I have tried waiting, just to see if it would eventually load itself, but after a minute or so of this, it just gives me the box again. It doesn't do this to me for other sites/tabs, and like I said it only started doing this after the update. Using Chrome, if that helps. If anyone else has this issue, feel free to reword what I said so it's not just a semi-vague wall of text, and also to help check into this problem. Or to let me know that it's just me and my computer is a piece of shit that can't handle simple websites. Thanks
I agree about the technical issues thing. I haven't had it quite as bad but ever since the update the site seems to generally be a lot slower with loading pages and every time I go to a different tab and then come back a while later the site seems to have froze and I need to refresh to get it working again.
This has only started happening since the update.

Solidus1

eXit
Okay, I'll see what I can do about that. I've experienced it myself before but not for a long time.
Try hiding the chat, I suspect it may be the culprit. Chat Settings > Disable Chat

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
What gap are you talking about in between posts? What I see is quite small, perhaps 2px bigger than before.

ldMsWEb.png

Granted, I don't remember how big the gap was before but I don't remember it being able to fit my cursor with enough space to move a bit. Like I said, you don't really need to alter anything for me, I get it but I prefer that gap to be as small as possible. I'd prefer the gap to be gone and only have the blue line dividing the post but it's not a big deal.

Solidus1

eXit
Font for alerts looks like it is zoomed in for 90 year olds to read

I've adjusted this.

Granted, I don't remember how big the gap was before but I don't remember it being able to fit my cursor with enough space to move a bit. Like I said, you don't really need to alter anything for me, I get it but I prefer that gap to be as small as possible. I'd prefer the gap to be gone and only have the blue line dividing the post but it's not a big deal.

I'll make the gap the same size as before.

Jeffry Mason

Thank you for that.

That said, I still don't care for the overall theme. How much do I need to either donate to the site or pay you personally in order to have a theme selector which has the old theme as an option? 100% serious inquiry, though I don't get paid til next Thursday

Solidus1

eXit
Thank you for that.

That said, I still don't care for the overall theme. How much do I need to either donate to the site or pay you personally in order to have a theme selector which has the old theme as an option? 100% serious inquiry, though I don't get paid til next Thursday

I'm not taking your money.
What else is there you don't like? I can add a secondary theme to this possibly.

Jeffry Mason

I'm not taking your money.
What else is there you don't like? I can add a secondary theme to this possibly.
I really just hate the side by side boxes instead of the classic column view. There are a couple other little things I don't like personally, but the other stuff I could probably deal with. I figured it'd just be easier to request the old layout, since it was already made and worked fine for most people.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
I find it rather Helpful and Useful for me since Im useing a mobile phone. This is just My opinion, though. :)