Fortnite - Battle Royal (F2P)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Moving the discussion over here so we don't derail the thread too much on there.
@Solidus @Botchie @Solid Snake
So you build a fortress of sorts while fighting off enemy players?
Nah in BattleRoyale you don't need to build stuff, you are air dropped on a map, you gotta scavenge for guns and start fighting right away, sometimes you'll have other players next to you where the first one to get the gun will get the win.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't think I ever played this kind of game before but I will give it a go. Going to be playing Cuphead for awhile then South Park's game comes out as well. Also, did you see the update for Rocket League Tech?

But yeah. it is free so nothing to lose by trying it. Do I need to make an account and all that jazz?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I don't think I ever played this kind of game before but I will give it a go. Going to be playing Cuphead for awhile then South Park's game comes out as well. Also, did you see the update for Rocket League Tech?

But yeah. it is free so nothing to lose by trying it. Do I need to make an account and all that jazz?

Nah, RL is sadly too laggy for me. And makes it unplayable unless its with bots and where's the fun in that? Haven't even ran it in ages.

And yes, you'll need an epic games account which is free to make and it's its own launcher, not via steam. Definitely worth a try, simple easy and addictive.

Downloading on Xbox right now... Any good? Out of 10?

Would give it a solid 8. Especially so because of it being free to play with 0 microtransactions (right now atleast).

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
A free and polished PUBG? interesting.
The developers of PUBG are calling out Epic for this distinction... But what they should be worried about is that the genre wasn't started with PUBG/Fortnite. It's a little game called... ClashRoyale. So, if either one companies start to go to war over the "formula," Supercell is going to come in. Watch.

The design wasn't started with Battlegrounds... It was ClashRoyale.

Reactions: Blizzard Boi

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The developers of PUBG are calling out Epic for this distinction... But what they should be worried about is that the genre wasn't started with PUBG/Fortnite. It's a little game called... ClashRoyale. So, if either one companies start to go to war over the "formula," Supercell is going to come in. Watch.

The design wasn't started with Battlegrounds... It was ClashRoyale.

Bluehole, the company behind PUBG know there's no legal standing. They know they won't win in court and so does Epic.

The insider info is that they are making a ruckus so that instead of EPIC letting this go to court and paying legal fees, they'll settle by lowering PUBG's royalty rate from using Unreal Engine from the usual 10% to 7%.

It's all business nowadays. Can't blame them too much 3% is a load of cash when you consider the PUBG numbers. Still so very shady.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Bluehole, the company behind PUBG know there's no legal standing. They know they won't win in court and so does Epic.
I know. Bluehole is just pissed off at Epic. Thing is, there is something bigger happening underneath it all. Tencent now owns a majority stake in Epic Games with 40% of the shares. Tencent also owns a piece of Bluehole, but they said "nope, Tencent didn't do shit."
The insider info is that they are making a ruckus so that instead of EPIC letting this go to court and paying legal fees, they'll settle by lowering PUBG's royalty rate from using Unreal Engine from the usual 10% to 7%.
That's what being said by Easy Allies (the GameTrailers guys.)

It's all business nowadays. Can't blame them too much 3% is a load of cash when you consider the PUBG numbers. Still so very shady.
I know, it's shady... I am torn about it, on both sides. There's a saying, in business, "imitation is a form of flattery." They like what you're doing, so they copy you - but I doubt that's the case here. Since both companies have been in contact with each other, while they were alpha-testing the "Battle Royal" formula in Unreal Engine, someone at Epic thought it was a great idea to release it to the public, which is why bluehole is pissed.

On the other hand, this could also "sell" the mode in Fortnite, and PUBG. Like it's a "win-win" for both. Epic is a legendary company. A big company, but they haven't done anything relevant since ...UT3. Bluehole is relatively new, and its biggest game so far is PUBG.

Last edited: