Former WWE star CM Punk signs with UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Robbie Lawler didnt deserve it, Hendricks got robbed, the judges scored the fights 4-1, 3-2, and 4-1. nobody won 4 rounds in that fight, yea Lawler finished strong but it was clear Hendricks had that won.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Oh yeah, are all of your jimmies rustled? That sux bro Punk's still in the spotlight, hope you're all as pissed as Triple H right now. I imagine him eating cheerios right now, with that Haitch forehead wrinkled.

Vince lost out on what could have been the next star in the business, thats a fact. He had everything that makes a wrestler great, promo skills, wrestling skill and a drive to be the best day in and out. Basically, this is a wasted opportunity thst Vince has to be aware of, seeing how this garnered so much attention already. Wrestling fans are going to buy UFC ppvs, thats going to happen.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He doesn't even have a fight camp. Good luck throwing punches with that arm he supposedly couldn't extend. An interview position I would understand, a fight tho? Hahahahahahahah a scrub who is BJJ hobbyist is going to fight in UFC? Fuck sakes Phil Baroni could beat the shit out of him.

Atleast Batista had a black or brown belt from Cesar Gracie and trains with the Diaz brothers. Phil has nothing. Hahahahahahaha I will enjoy watching him get KO'd in seconds by some journeymen they try feed him.
He's a brown belt under Rener Gracie just fyi and said he's serious in looking for a top of the line gym to train under.

Dana has already said that he'll be fighting guys of a 0-0 0/1 1/0 record so he's not gonna be thrown into the deep end.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Robbie Lawler didnt deserve it, Hendricks got robbed, the judges scored the fights 4-1, 3-2, and 4-1. nobody won 4 rounds in that fight, yea Lawler finished strong but it was clear Hendricks had that won.
what good are fencehugging and takedowns if he doesn't do anything with it? Hendricks most of the fight was between Lawlers legs, Lawler was the one with the most strikes and he was the one who hurt Hendricks more. Too bad your contrarian gimmick don't work in MMA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's a brown belt under Rener Gracie just fyi and said he's serious in looking for a top of the line gym to train under.

Dana has already said that he'll be fighting guys of a 0-0 0/1 1/0 record so he's not gonna be thrown into the deep end.
So when Batista booked a fight in a smaller league with an actual training camp (Cesar Gracie) he was mocked for it.....but when Punk does it with less than Dave had and at a bigger stage its "best of luck"? No consistency again.

It also doesn't make UFC look good by booking fights between novices, better call that fight an exhibition or the validity of that company could be called into question.

You know something, I'm happy that CM Punk has signed for the UFC, because he'll get all the things there that he didn't get with the WWE.
He gets to wear fight shorts with all the sponsors on that he wants... oh, wait. The Reebok deal.
Well, he knows that the UFC won't pull shit like putting guys in the main event spots over "more talented" or "Full Time" talent based on their name alone... oh, wait. He's got no experience.
But, he's not gonna get hurt and beaten up... oh, wait.
Yeah, but at least he's going to a company known for paying guys fairly... Hmmmm.
I'm sure he'll be REALLY happy there.

Fucking hypocrite.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This really is one of the strangest stories of the year. I think Punk should play it save a be an announcer would still do pretty well money wise. In some ways I think he is crazy, but then as someone else said it is his life and no doubt he will make some good money from it. Good luck to him nice to see someone surviving without WWE.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jason David Frank, better known as the Green Power Ranger, had challenged CM Punk to a MMA fight. JDF has brought up the fight several times this year but wrote the following on Facebook this morning about Punk signing with UFC:

"I've tried for years haha. you can't just Join UFC you have to be invited and prove your self as a fighter. I have a lot of great friends who are GREAT fighters that still haven't got Into the UFC. I Didn't know with no fight experience you can. Well I was wrong. He's in the UFC and that's that. Don't under estimate him though Brock did it, maybe he can too? PS I still would like a shot haha. JDF"

Green ranger still wants to whoop that ass, sweet

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So when Batista booked a fight in a smaller league with an actual training camp (Cesar Gracie) he was mocked for it.....but when Punk does it with less than Dave had and at a bigger stage its "best of luck"? No consistency again.

It also doesn't make UFC look good by booking fights between novices, better call that fight an exhibition or the validity of that company could be called into question.

You know something, I'm happy that CM Punk has signed for the UFC, because he'll get all the things there that he didn't get with the WWE.
He gets to wear fight shorts with all the sponsors on that he wants... oh, wait. The Reebok deal.
Well, he knows that the UFC won't pull shit like putting guys in the main event spots over "more talented" or "Full Time" talent based on their name alone... oh, wait. He's got no experience.
But, he's not gonna get hurt and beaten up... oh, wait.
Yeah, but at least he's going to a company known for paying guys fairly... Hmmmm.
I'm sure he'll be REALLY happy there.

Fucking hypocrite.
No, he was mocked because he looked like absolute shit against some fat can not because he fought in some smaller organisation, I dunno where the fuck you pulled that one from. The best of luck comment was exactly that, because he is going to need it starting out from scratch in the top leagues.

Have you ever thought that he went to the UFC because it's something he actually wants to do and all of those things you mentioned are pretty much unimportant to him now? The guy made plenty of money in the E and could have easily just sat at home and made easy money from outside deals and lived a comfortable lifestyle but instead wants to try his hand at something he's obviously passionate about.

I'm not even a fan of the guy but some of the hate and constant nitpicking towards everything he says or does is ridiculous. The guy could find a cure for cancer tommorow and would still get hate because it's CM Punk and he probably only did to massage his ego.

Reactions: Keith

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was just about to say that the issue with Dave was cause he got fed a dude who looked like he just got done eating and working at mcdonals and struggled with the guy who he should have killed in 15 secs just on pure strength. He never really got mocked for anything else but that.

I'm pretty sure part of why Punk is doing this is in spite of Vince and WWE but at the same time it is something he probably always wanted to do. Still don't think this is the smartest thing he has ever done cause I just can't see him being too successful at this but if this is what he wants to really do then good for him actually getting signed by the biggest MMA company.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No, he was mocked because he looked like absolute shit against some fat can not because he fought in some smaller organisation, I dunno where the fuck you pulled that one from. The best of luck comment was exactly that, because he is going to need it starting out from scratch in the top leagues.

Have you ever thought that he went to the UFC because it's something he actually wants to do and all of those things you mentioned are pretty much unimportant to him now? The guy made plenty of money in the E and could have easily just sat at home and made easy money from outside deals and lived a comfortable lifestyle but instead wants to try his hand at something he's obviously passionate about.

I'm not even a fan of the guy but some of the hate and constant nitpicking towards everything he says or does is ridiculous. The guy could find a cure for cancer tommorow and would still get hate because it's CM Punk and he probably only did to massage his ego.
No he was being mocked before he fight even happened. CM Punk gets his clocked clean, that's when you can make that comparison.

Finding plotholes in his story is not "nitpicking". It's just showing how far "his fans" would take his words as gospel truth.

Funny how people like me are being labelled for calling bullshit on some of the things he says, but it's ok to just blindly believe because he is supposed to be some straight shooter? Puhleaze.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

In reality Batista was mocked the second he announced he was even training in MMA, let alone when his fight announced or when the fight actually happened.

If all Punk cared about was fighting he'd do as Big Dave did or Brock did at first and fight bush league fighters in a bush league. Instead the UFC is going to sign more bush league fighters for Punk to fight because everyone on the roster is too good for Punk. Phil Brooks wants the money and fame that a fight in a nobody org wouldn't provide.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The guy said he would have gone and fought elsewhere if the UFC weren't interested but lets just dismiss that fact because Punk said it and it's obviously a lie right? Fuck him for signing with the UFC and looking out for his best interests, what an utter scumbag of a man.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yah, fuck that utter scumbag.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Holy shit this news is the funniest shit I've heard all day. Not gonna lie, if Punk ends up actually being good I would be so fucking happy just to make fun of SAIYANS :TI:

But seriously, he's probably going to die and that'll be entertaining too so really it's a win/win for me

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Also, didn't he say he had how many concussions over that two year period? I'm no doctor, but I do know when you get KO'd, the chances of it happening again get much easier.

It's funny how he was too banged up for pro wrestling, but training camps aren't apparently. I could see why MMA purists would have a problem with this, it's like when Stephan Bonnar or Chael Sonnen were talking about getting into Pro Wrestling and we were dismissing them as "too old" and "too banged up" and we never said anything about them "having a dream" or "trying out a passion".

How is this any different? Because its Punk and he said he wasn't motivated by money or a spotlight.