Former NXT Rookie Jacob Novak Talks About His Release, "Tiny" WWE Pay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He hopes to get re-signed...

Former WWE NXT Rookie Jacob Novak had an interview with Hawkeye News about his release and pay from WWE.

He said a hip injury lead to him being cut from the show. He said he didn't know how long rehab would take, so WWE released him. He is now looking at international wrestling options but is hoping to be re-signed by WWE now that he's healthy again.

He also talked about the pay structure of FCW, which is "basics and an opportunity." Novak said: "Wrestlers get paid way less than people think. I started out making only 500 dollars a week for the FCW. It's just kind of weird to have thousands and thousands of Twitter followers, and to get fan mail daily, yet receive tiny paychecks."

Source

Pretty interesting to hear how much the guys make when they're starting out.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I assume you'd have a side job aswell? If not then I guess you can add that to your wrestling dues.:pity:

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
500 a week. Imo that's pretty good.
That's 2000 a month, a side job is not needed then, right?

Reaction score
He could make money by advertising/monetizing with his twitter followers. :eek:tunga:

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well... I guess for one person it really isn't that bad. I get what Jacob was saying though. When you are part of the FCW roster, you have a WWE contract. That's something to brag about, even if you stick around development for a while. I'd expect bigger pay for being a potential WWE superstar. How do they expect you to pay rent, eat healthy, and afford a gym membership on that? Insanity, especially for the results that Vince expects.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I think they get access to the gym as part of the training product not to mention they're being trained and wresting a great deal. 2 grand for rent and food is manageable.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
With that in mind it is. Seemed far fetched if they needed to pay for extras on only $500. Plenty of food and comfort for 1 with those accommodations, though.

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
If you live by yourself, which he likely does because he's young, 500$ a week is good.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
#Heel said:
Well... I guess for one person it really isn't that bad. I get what Jacob was saying though. When you are part of the FCW roster, you have a WWE contract. That's something to brag about, even if you stick around development for a while. I'd expect bigger pay for being a potential WWE superstar. How do they expect you to pay rent, eat healthy, and afford a gym membership on that? Insanity, especially for the results that Vince expects.

Pretty good apartment in Tampa: $325 a month.
Gym: Lifestyle Family Fitness in Tampa 22 minutes drive from the apartment. Full membership $70 a month.
Food: Let's say $150 a month.

= $545 a month.
= $1455 to spend.

I'll sign for it right away.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
WOW! To my young adult mind that seems like a lot. I'll sign too.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My plan would be to have a good side job that gives already good pay to help me with my needs in order to take care of myself and enroll in wrestling class and once I get paid there I would start making money but once I'm signed to a big company depending on what I get I will quit my side job.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
Is this sarcasm?

No, lol. It actually does sound like a lot for me. I have no experience in the work force yet, so I'd love to get that monthly.