Former Diva Blasts WWE Over Natalya's Flatulence Gimmick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Former WWE Diva and current "First Lady Of ROH," Maria Kanellis, joined Brian “Maveric†Bertrand and Chris Kelly recently on "Running The Ropes." Kanellis included some pretty bold words for the WWE and its current angle with Natalya Neidhart.

“I think that it’s a complete disrespect to a girl (Neidhart) with talent to give her a gimmick that’s a farting gimmick. How disrespectful can you be? She’s a Neidhart, come on! She’s incredible in the ring. It’s disrespectful to her, disrespectful to her family, and I cannot even believe that they went there. I think it really says something to how WWE feels about their Women’s Division.â€

Maria also gave her opinion on both the Divas and Knockouts divisions, her continuing fashion in ROH, and so much more only on the 2-time Wrestling Radio Award Winner, "Running The Ropes:" The official podcast of the Unchained Wrestling Network located at Unchained-WWE.com ~ Wrestling Wallpapers, WWE News, Raw, SmackDown, and More!

The interview in whole can be heard at http://www.archive.org/download/RunningTheRopes2-17-12/Rtr2-17-12.mp3 starting at the 67 minute mark.

I agree, it's stupid how they're giving her and Tyson Kidd this farting gimmick. It's ridiculous and disrespectful, both individuals are extremely talented.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
It is ridiculous and there is a reason why I don't watch SD as well.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't care who they gave this gimmick to could even give to a diva I don't care for in Kelly or something I would still think it was stupid and a waste of time. Whoever came up with it has a horrible sense of humor.

PY.

Reaction score
Natalya might be a good worker and all, but honestly I just turn the channel whenever she's on my television with or without the fart gimmick.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a dumb gimmick but it won't last that long. The writers will get over it soon enough and they will just book her normally. The sad thing is is this gimmick is probably keeping her on television at the moment.

Just on Natalya has she ever been pushed as a strong wrestler in the Divas division?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
It is a dumb gimmick but it won't last that long. The writers will get over it soon enough and they will just book her normally. The sad thing is is this gimmick is probably keeping her on television at the moment.

Just on Natalya has she ever been pushed as a strong wrestler in the Divas division?

I'm not sure about if she has been pushed as a strong wrestler but I think the majority of her time was spent as The Hart Dynasty manager. Her only championship reign was when she won the divas championship at Survivor Series in 2010 on November 21 but then lost it to Eve at the Royal Rumble in 2011 on January 30th though.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'm not surprised Maria's come out and said this. She's been vocal on WWE's Women's Division for sometime saying that all the women are talented etc but are being wasted.

I think Nattie's uncle made a comment last week on twitter about what a joke they've turned his niece into with the farting gimmick.

Aniking

Reaction score
Complete joke of a gimmick, not funny in the slightest and is very disrespectful. Everything Maria said was bang on... speaking of bang, I'd still like to bang her.

Anyway, the fact it's being used on a Diva is worse than using it on a male superstar. The Divas division is bad enough, but this makes it worse.

Reaction score
It is embarrasing for hardcore fans and Natalya alike. The divas division has been a joke for years now and they are burying it even deeper now.

Don Draper

Reaction score
This farting gimmick is easily the dumbest/lamest gimmick I've ever seen, it's sad to think that Vince is probably the one who came up with it and even worse probably think's it's the funniest thing ever.

Vivido

Reaction score
I'd fart on Maria.

Well maybe not, but I'd do things.

Stupid gimmick, but I'd hardly call it the worst ever. Come on, there has been a lot worse.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
At least she's not feuding with Katie Vick or something.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Worst gimmick in ages. I really hope WWE just discontinues it suddenly and pretends like it never happened in the first place.

Just because WWE is trying to abide by PG standards these days, that doesn't mean the program needs a fucking fart joke like every Nickelodeon movie. I would rather Natalya be used for nothing rather than something that makes me not want to see her at all.

The best career advice anyone could possibly give Natalya right now would be to get away from WWE immediately before her legacy becomes "that girl who used to fart all the time". If not for her own sake, for her family's good name as well. I'm sure she doesn't want anyone to read about her in a WWE dictionary 10 years from now and have mention of this unbelievably terrible gimmick.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Was anybody talking about Nattie a few weeks ago?

Also, will anybody care when this gimmick is over?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold