Format for Shows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So I notice we all have some differences in format which takes away from the show in my opinion.

I prefer the announcers to be in color that's my thing. If we all agree with this we should decide specific colors for each on air talent. John is Green. If not then we all need to decide if were just going to bold them etc persaonlly I like the announcer in color breaks up the monotony of the non color.

If we have promos or people speaking we need to decide if we're doing just names just speech or name and speech. Needs to be uniform for all matches all promos. If you look at last weeks shows I have john's name in green but earlier in the show wisecrack has his name bolded but speech in color. Just messy that way imo

We need to all agree on the type of announcers that Martin and Kareem are. When I write Martin is very similar to Cole while Kareem is closer to a black Josh Matthews.

Just something I noticed after I posted the Banks Multiplex match.

any other format issues?

The_King

Reaction score
How about this? All names are bolded and in the color below and whatever they say is in the color below but NOT bolded. Action remains the default and not bolded.
McHenry- Green
Kareem Ali-Blue
Martin Mays- Red
Bell/Referee- Purple
Ashley Sparxxx- Pink
Anyone Else- Any other color

I'd also like to add a bolded line of "Winner in XXX time: XYZ by ABC" after the pinfall is counted/submission is signaled/etc.
This work or should we try something else?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
fine with me But I'd prefer just the names in color

Do refs talk? I tend to never give refs real dialogue

Last edited:

The_King

Reaction score
Maybe a "break it up" or something, but usually no. I guess you could put the count in purple if you want.

On the announcer's, I don't really follow wrestling that much anymore, so I have no idea how Cole/Matthews are (Cole was mega heel last time I watched, and Matthews was on NXT- which I didn't watch haha- I think). I do know that the old description was Mays was the generic face (Ross w/o accent) and Ali was a ghetto heel sympathizer. That's how I've been writing them. Pete and Beedz?

BDC

Reaction score
Yeah, I started this shindig out coloring dialog and they had a shit fit. So I backed off. In fact, I thought it was you, Prime, that called me on it.

lol...anyways...I'm up for it, just set the norm and i'll conform.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've honestly been making them both flip flop generic.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah, I started this shindig out coloring dialog and they had a shit fit. So I backed off. In fact, I thought it was you, Prime, that called me on it.

lol...anyways...I'm up for it, just set the norm and i'll conform.

I'm not a fan of coloring the entire dialogue I think just the names need colored and in your first show there were a shit ton of promos so there were just huge sections of purple followed by huge chunks of red followed by huge chunks of purple and yellow and orange. It was a mess. Then the pictures that simply aren't need becuase it's an RP fed and you know in RP's were supposed to paint the images with words not with images so I honestly don't think we should have those. And all the annoying music videos.

In short color isn't bad the way it was being used was.

Pete

Reaction score
Heh....sorry. We were still fresh off the PWA (I KNOW, shut up already, Pete!) where we did it that way - and the music videos were actually something people liked to play to imagine the superstar's entrance with an actual background.

Re: announcers, I noticed something very silly last show, whereby Mays was supporting the black guy and Kareem was putting him down (in the main event). I've been writing them as the exact opposite.

Anyway, I've been writing Mays as Josh Matthews/King, yeah, and Kareem...well, as a heel supporter, but not your generic Jonathan Coachman. More like a guy who's very full of himself and his own opinions. And I've made them both ACW loyalists.

Re: colour. OK. Whatever you guys say :p

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah color isn't as huge as getting the commentators to flow good.