Forget the Ripper, forget Zodiac

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's German tbh.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Why do that when there still hasn't been a good Ed Gein movie?

Reactions: Tapout

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Because outside of his actions, the character itself doesn't translate to the big screen. Tiny, bucked tooth, jew nosed, little loser of a mama's boy? Who wants to watch that?

Who wants to see a movie starring Clint Howard?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
It's German tbh.

Shouldn't be that much difficult, making a coherent script in English.

They just willingly gave themselves up without any resistance. Lured, one by one. Full on psychological horror + an ending like Blair Witch would be perfect imo.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Because outside of his actions, the character itself doesn't translate to the big screen. Tiny, bucked tooth, jew nosed, little loser of a mama's boy? Who wants to watch that?

Who wants to see a movie starring Clint Howard?

I'm not saying it should be made just saying why do one about some GERMAN farm killer when we Hollywood has it's own version in the states that it has to dress up.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm not saying it should be made just saying why do one about some GERMAN farm killer when we Hollywood has it's own version in the states that it has to dress up.
Oh only serial killiers from 'Murica.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds like it could make for an interesting film given the right actor, director/writer etc. It being German is no barrier, successful films have been produced based on foreign stories before.

I just hope if they turn it into a film then they do it respectively for the sake of the victims.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sounds like it could make for an interesting film given the right actor, director/writer etc. It being German is no barrier, successful films have been produced based on foreign stories before.

I just hope if they turn it into a film then they do it respectively for the sake of the victims.
Yes, because serial killer movies always show respect to the victims. :hmm:

Those movies like Zodiac and Son of Sam were totally respectful about the victims. No way they were just used as fodder.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes, because serial killer movies always show respect to the victims. :hmm:

Those movies like Zodiac and Son of Sam were totally respectful about the victims. No way they were just used as fodder.

Son of Sam is different because that really wasn't about the killer (unless you are thinking about a different film), but just had the murders in the background, with the story itself more about the subcultures in the area.

Zodiac for me was a gripping film, with great research and humanistic characters, don't really see your problem with that film?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Son of Sam is different because that really wasn't about the killer (unless you are thinking about a different film), but just had the murders in the background, with the story itself more about the subcultures in the area.

Zodiac for me was a gripping film, with great research and humanistic characters, don't really see your problem with that film?
Still movies about serial killers and not one fucks were given towards the victims.....Just said that movies about serial killers don't show any respect towards victims, noone cares about the victims. They are the cattle, people only care about the burger.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Still movies about serial killers and not one fucks were given towards the victims.....Just said that movies about serial killers don't show any respect towards victims, noone cares about the victims. They are the cattle, people only care about the burger.

Well to me doing justice to the victims is to represent the horror which they went through in a serious way, not to sugar coat it. I certainly don't think Zodiac sugar coated or Silence of the Lambs (based on Ed Gein I think), many do however.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gein's story was adapted into a number of movies, including Deranged (1974), In the Light of the Moon (2000) released in the U.S. as Ed Gein (2001), Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield (2007) and Hitchcock(2012).

Thank You Wiki, should've did that days ago.

Well to me doing justice to the victims is to represent the horror which they went through in a serious way, not to sugar coat it. I certainly don't think Zodiac sugar coated or Silence of the Lambs (based on Ed Gein I think), many do however.
By that logic, Hostel and Turistas must've shown tremendous respect towards victims of torture amiryt? Zodiac was about a reporter, not the victims, they were just used to further plot points. Son of Sam used the victims to further plot points.

What are we discussing here?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Gein's story was adapted into a number of movies, including Deranged (1974), In the Light of the Moon (2000) released in the U.S. as Ed Gein (2001), Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield (2007) and Hitchcock(2012).

Thank You Wiki, should've did that days ago.

By that logic, Hostel and Turistas must've shown tremendous respect towards victims of torture amiryt? Zodiac was about a reporter, not the victims, they were just used to further plot points. Son of Sam used the victims to further plot points.

What are we discussing here?

My statement still stands as I said Good. Not a one even made it to theatrical release as Hitchcock doesn't count it barely involved Gein.