For Those Too Dense To Get It

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I realize the Serious Discussion section isn't the most active section alive on these forums, and I seldom post news and debate threads myself. But that's never the less no excuse as to why you think you can come into my section and post one word responses like "n-bomb" "lulz" "agreed" and other such spam messages. Flaming is not allowed in Serious Discussion. Trolling is not allowed in Serious Discussion. You have at least 3 or 4 other places you are more than welcome to go to in order to act like a 5 year old on these forums that nobody will punish you for it.

But not my section. Even with the lack of activity, I still check this damn thing daily to make sure it stays neat and clean. So don't think you're going to be able to post nothing worth while in here with one-liners and racist jokes and expect not to have your post deleted. The only reason I haven't infracted anyone for their actions yet is because I have yet to make an announcement like this one that it is now abundantly clear that I will not tolerate douchebaggery on Serious Discussion. Jokes & laughs and melancholy are all generally welcome so long as it's in the context of being on topic. But if you spend the time flaming another member about how much of a moron they are for disagreeing with you, you're post will be deleted. And now that this announcement is up here, you will ALSO be infracted.

I like to consider this section the last bastion of hope for people who want serious discussion can go to in order to speak intellectually about world issues.

So TL;DR, spam will no longer be tolerated, and if I catch you spamming in my section, you will from this point forward also be infracted in addition to your post being deleted.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I agree with Travis.

Little hypocritical when you make posts like this, which are just as useless as tl;dr.

You could at least elaborate on your answer instead of just saying you agree with someone. If he already posted your exact thoughts, you really don't need to respond, anyways.

I'm not saying this to be a dick and I am putting our differences aside for a moment but if you are going to complain about people spamming in 'your section', it really makes no sense to do it yourself. Maybe you define spam differently but your answer was just as much a waste of a post as just saying 'agreed'. You didn't add anything new to the discussion and you didn't even bring up any points to discuss your answer.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Little hypocritical when you make posts like this, which are just as useless as tl;dr.

You could at least elaborate on your answer instead of just saying you agree with someone. If he already posted your exact thoughts, you really don't need to respond, anyways.

I'm not saying this to be a dick and I am putting our differences aside for a moment but if you are going to complain about people spamming in 'your section', it really makes no sense to do it yourself. Maybe you define spam differently but your answer was just as much a waste of a post as just saying 'agreed'. You didn't add anything new to the discussion and you didn't even bring up any points to discuss your answer.

For some reason my work computer won't allow me to stay logged into serious discussion in order to infract Beer & Colin, but rest assured as soon as I get home you will be infracted and your posts will be deleted. Weirdly, I can quote LH's post and give you fair warning and somehow be logged in. It's very strange, but it is what it is.

LH's post however will remain in tact because she does make a good point. After all, I am guilty of posting that one liner, and I own up to that fact. My defense however would be that we already debated the whole gay marriage being banned thing to death in the original thread I posted about how the proposition was passed in the first place. Therefore I really DID have nothing to add, and everyone else was simply stating the same rehashed arguments from the old thread. So touche LH, you once again prove that you do have your moments of logic & reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.