Floydy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

For the record, Big Show told Floyd to really punch him. So those were real punches. Its part of the reason the angle came off so well. Big Show I said a lot time ago is a team player. Always has been, and he proved it again at No Way Out. I could definatly see this Floyd vs. Big Show at Mania being a Boxing Match, and do a ligit boxing match as they aparently have already been checking with the Florida State Athletic Commision and apparently there is next to no red tape for the WWE to go through if they want to have a real boxing match. However it could more likely be a wrestling match as well. I hope its one or the other because if it ends up being boxer vs. wrestler match, I might cry.

If it was a REAL boxing match then yeah, that would be worth seeing as you'd never see such a mis-match in the boxing world due to the weight-orientated divisions (That said, would their not be red-tape relating to this matter?).

Otherwise, it'll be shit. (Thinks back to the supposed boxing match between Bart Gunn & Butterbean(?) @ WM15 where it was as staged as your average wrestling match.)

J

Thing is...is Floyd gunna wanna risk injury...I mean come on he's undefeated...One injury could risk his whole career...and lets face it...Big Show is the kinda guy whole could mess you up for life...

Airfixx

Damn good point.

In that case I think they should just give Floyd a crash course in wrestling and bring Rey in for a 2 on 1 tag match.

This Guy

If it was a REAL boxing match then yeah, that would be worth seeing as you'd never see such a mis-match in the boxing world due to the weight-orientated divisions (That said, would their not be red-tape relating to this matter?).

Otherwise, it'll be shit. (Thinks back to the supposed boxing match between Bart Gunn & Butterbean(?) @ WM15 where it was as staged as your average wrestling match.)

Yes there is some, but it wouldn't be much to get through...

for the record, the boxing match between butterbean & gunn at wm15 was real. If it was staged it would have gone longer. The whole point of Brawl for All was to get Bart Gunn over as a legit tough guy. They thought he would be able to hold his own so it was a real fight. When Butterbean knocked him out in the first round relatively quick, they dropped Bart Gunn like a bad habbit, because the whole angle they were building was thrown out the window.

Airfixx

Well I guess as long as the guys signed disclaimers so that they couldn't prosecute the WWE or the other fighter, then I don't see why the applicable authorities should have any issue with a legitimate boxing match with such a weight differential, but thats not necessarily the kind of world we live in....

Rey needs a rest so they should kill 2 birds with one stone and put Show over like fuck by having him squash them both 2 on 1. (Even if Floyd was crap on the actual wrestling moves front, I'm sure they could get the team over as somewhat of a challenge bearing in mind the contrast in styles, hell, I'm sure if the time came they'd have Rey & Show 1-on-1.) It doesn't take much to imagine that Show is capable of this so I don't see why it wouldn't be a cool spot to drop at a WM. Hell he's a heel so it's not like he even has to play fair is it?

Something like that wouldn't tarnish Floyd's credibilty as a boxer in any way and we wouldn't have to humour the bullshit idea of a Kayfaybe fight where he really does KO BigShow.

Re: Gunn V 'Bean: Think I need to see the WM15 fight again then.... I don't really remember much about why they even had the match or who Butterbean was... Was this some kind of a singles push for Bart then? One 'glass jaw' shot and his WWE careers on the scrapheap. Doh! Poor Fella.... Rather unfortunate eh?

This Guy

^^Thats exactly what it was. The Smoking Gunns were not a team anymore, Billy had moved on with the New Age Outlaws. Bart was the odd man out (as there always is when a team breaks up) So the Brawl for All tourny they had that Bart Gunn was staged to make him look like a ligit tough guy. And part of the reason it came off so well was because Bart actually did train to be a boxer and was an amature boxer prior to becoming a wrestler. Bart believed he could have a ligit fight. Butterbean was the guy who always won that non pro tough man compititions they had every year. He was a ligit tough guy, so the WWE wanted to have a staged fight, but Bart shot off his mouth in an interview that said Bean was a fat piece of shit and only beats other fat pieces of shit and if he was in the ring with a real tough guy like him who was a well trained and in shape athlete it would be a different story. So Bean said he would only follow through if it was a ligit fight and Bart's ego got the best of him and said he'd do it too. So they went to the athletic commision and bam real boxing match at Mania. WWE figured if Bart could at least hold his own in the fight, then no real harm, but Bean killed him cause Bart wasn't as good of a boxer as he believed himself to be. WWE had no ideas left for Bart and he was eventually released because all that build up for him went out the window when he got knocked out in such a quick fight.

aznality

Reaction score
Definitely staged. It was done to lead up to a match between Mayweather and Big Show. lol.

Practically everything done in wrestling is scripted.