Flash Pro Wrestling: How I Got Involved in Wrestling (C-Verse)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sometime in 2019...

CVFP_RefMale_004.jpg

I'll be honest: I never thought that I'd ever get involved in professional wrestling. I truly did love it, but I had neither the ability to make it nor the wherewithal to start. That was my brother's whole deal; he always wanted to be a wrestler. He was a year older than me, a natural athlete, gifted with charisma. I suppose the best way to put it was that I was the bookish, little brother who went through college and got a degree in finance, and now works a high-paying banking job back in my hometown.

My brother, Barry, was the wily, mischievous, scheming type who had all the breaks to be a wrestler, and by God he did. As soon as he turned 18, he ran off to get trained at a wrestling school. He didn't have a whole lot of success these last few years, but every so often he'd call me and tell me what kind of shit he's up to. Always asking to borrow money or to come get involved in some crazy thing or another. I love my brother, but he's not the most responsible.

Then came the fateful day. While I was at work in my own little office, my phone rang, as I picked it up and asked who it was, his voice came through.

???: Scott Anderson speaking, to whom do I owe the pleasure?

Barry: A-yo Scotty! It's me, Barry!

Scott: No–

Barry: Woah woah woah don't jump the gun! I haven't even said anything yet!

Scott: Barry, you usually call to either borrow money or have some hair-brained scheme that you try to involve yourself in.

Barry: I'll have you know I don't need to borrow money!

Scott: Oh thank God's juicy angels–

Barry: Plus this one isn't a scheme! Nor is it hair-brained!

Scott: *grumble*... Alright, Barry. What is it this time?

Barry: Well, I'm wondering if you'd like to become an investor!

Scott: *groans louder* In what this time, Barry! This is the 3rd time this year you've tried to get me into this NFT stuff and it's just not happening–

Barry: It's not an NFT, it's not bitcoin, it's not cryptocurrency, I quit that when I uh… lost a couple thousand on them going bad.

Scott: … Well at least you learned your lesson. So what exactly is this magical investment you're asking me to make?

Barry: Oh, well it's… nothing major– nothing major at all—only a little, tiny, minuscule investment of… $25,000.

Scott: WHAT!? 25 THOUSAND!? What kind of investment is this!?

Barry: I'm glad you asked! I am planning on something special! I'm gonna open my own wrestling company!

Scott:

Barry: Scotty, you there?

Scott: Sorry, what!? You? Opening a wrestling company? Do you even know how to run a company?

Barry: Sure I know! It can’t be that hard! But I just need money, otherwise, we can’t get the ball rolling on this!

Scott: Uh-huh. You’re serious about this, aren’t you?

Barry: C’mon, Scotty! You know me; when’s the last time I’ve ever led you astray?

Scott: All the time, Barry. *shuffles some papers*, I’m assuming you’re looking for a loan, correct?

Barry: No, no, nothing like that Scotty! I already have money to invest in the company myself.

Scott: Where? How? When did you suddenly get money!?

Barry: “Oh ye of little faith!” I have my ways!

Scott: … You went out to Jackpot Junction and won a ton of money, didn’t you?

Barry: Listen, it was only a little bit, couldn’t have been more than 30-40 thousand that I won…

Scott:

Barry: Alright, alright- It was 25 thousand. I’m serious though! I don’t need a loan, I want you to invest in this idea with me! It’ll be like old times; I know how much you’ve wanted to be a part of the wrestling business! This is finally your chance!

Scott: Dude, I’m already being paid a mint with this current job, and I don’t see how you’d be able to run this company by yourself, but I’ll bite. Let me ask a few questions regarding this company.

Barry: Alright, I’m ready for this!

Scott: Where do you intend to headquarters this little company of *ours*? Since if I’m investing money into it, I intend to make sure you don’t muck this up.

Barry: Well that’s easy, I figured we’d start it here in town! Obviously, we’re not gonna get big crowds, but as long as we can run it locally, on the cheap, we should do okay!

Scott: You want to run it locally? I mean, at least it’s sensible, but how many people do you think are wrestling fans in this town? Let me remind you what the population is here: less than 4,000 people live in this town. You’re better off trying in Mankato, St. Cloud, or the Cities; at least then we’ll have a bigger potential audience.

Barry: The issue with that is cost. I’ve wrestled around Mankato and Rochester, and even the cities… you’re not gonna find very many cheap venues, and besides, home is the best place to start!

Scott: Alright, I guess– Have you already invested in travel equipment, storage, lighting, and a ring? As well as insurance?

Barry: … Well– I uh– I got a big trailer for storage! As for lighting, I don’t think we need that! What I got in mind already has some lighting for us!

Scott: What about the ring?

Barry: I– don’t have that, but I know a guy we can get it from! Real cheap too!

Scott: *groans* You always have your seedy sources for shit, but alright. Where and when do you intend to hold these shows?

Barry: It’s simple! It’ll be at the Event Center, biweekly on Wednesday nights!

Scott:

Barry: What!? C’mon, Scotty, talk to me here!

Scott: Alright, first off… The event center? Look, I’m not saying it’s a bad idea, but that place has a capacity limit of like 500 people, and even if we put shows there, we’d maybe look at a max audience of 350 people, what with the ring and barriers and seating arrangements… I don’t even see that many people coming to our shows though. As I said, out of 4000 people in town, we’ll be lucky to get 5% of that to come to our shows.

Barry: Listen, this is gonna be expected. We’re gonna expect to not bring in a massive crowd early on. This is a project that will take time to come to fruition, my man. I don’t see us getting a big crowd, but at least 100 people should be a good night, all things considered!

Scott: Well the other thing is, Wednesday? You do realize USPW and CWA are both on Television that night, right? SWF and TCW are on Tuesday as well. Honestly, if you want to maximize your audience, have your show on Thursday; incentivize people to come to watch your show rather than choosing to watch it for free instead.

Barry: See, this is why I came to you, you’re the smart one of us two!

Scott: That’s not the compliment you think it is, but thanks...

Well, the more he talked the more I fell victim to his charms. Such is the way of my brother; he's a wrestler, all right. No other guy could be so God damn convincing and good at talking. So here I am, finding myself investing in and running a company I had no intention of actually running or investing in. Where did my life go oh so wrong?

Well, this is my story. A story of me and my brother, and how a stupid thing we did when we were young would have consequences down the road. This is the story of...

FLASH PRO WRESTLING

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi