Flame Xanth for not watching Forrest Gump

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Fine then you can have his semi back, better?
Excited-Seal-Tells-A-Joke-Reaction-Gif.gif

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Its ok once.

Also in reality SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Gump destroys an entire shrimping community heres how. Forrest may get to polish a billion-dollar nest egg, but the movie completely glosses over the fact that literally every other captain in the area has had their livelihood utterly destroyed by the storm. Even when its fishing and shrimping industries are functioning normally, Bayou La Batre has a notoriously high poverty rate -- many of them would've had a hard enough time recovering from the hurricane without Forrest coming in and laying claim to the entire shrimp harvest with his own corporate fleet. Remember, even if those poor bastards were able to get the insurance to replace their wrecked boats months later, it doesn't matter -- that's Bubba Gump territory now. Maybe they can get jobs scraping barnacles off his bow.
Forrest obviously didn't do this maliciously and was merely capitalizing on his good fortune, but the fact remains that a staggering number of Bayou La Batre's residents no longer have any means to support themselves or their families. They're likely going to wind up broke and homeless, all so that Forrest can continue having his charmingly ass-backwards adventures.

Nicked off Cracked.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's a good movie that's worth watching at least once. But it's slightly overrated IMO and shouldn't have won Best Picture over Pulp Fiction for 1994.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It's a good movie that's worth watching at least once. But it's slightly overrated IMO and shouldn't have won Best Picture over Pulp Fiction for 1994.
Forrest Gump beats Pulp Fiction, the story in Forrest Gump was better, while Pulp Fiction only beat it on the experimental side of things as far as visual aspects.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Not watching it, gonna suck.
You probably won't like it. It's not the type of movie I see you watching, but if you ever need to watch some sort of sentimental film with a girl (in other words Crayo), this'd be the one to pick.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Forrest Gump beats Pulp Fiction, the story in Forrest Gump was better, while Pulp Fiction only beat it on the experimental side of things as far as visual aspects.

I still found Pulp Fiction more enjoyable overall, although there was more to the story of Forrest Gump. As far as their popularity in pop culture at the time (and especially in the long run), I think Pulp Fiction beats out Forrest Gump.

At the very least, Tarantino should have won an Academy for Best Director IMO. You could make a case for his directorial of Pulp Fiction being a more impressive feat considering it was only his second full-length feature film and the number of filmmakers who can make a classic film like Pulp Fiction in only their second effort (third if you count My Best Friend's Birthday, but that one shouldn't really count) are extremely rare indeed.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I still found Pulp Fiction more enjoyable overall, although there was more to the story of Forrest Gump. As far as their popularity in pop culture at the time (and especially in the long run), I think Pulp Fiction beats out Forrest Gump.

At the very least, Tarantino should have won an Academy for Best Director IMO. You could make a case for his directorial of Pulp Fiction being a more impressive feat considering it was only his second full-length feature film and the number of filmmakers who can make a classic film like Pulp Fiction in only their second effort (third if you count My Best Friend's Birthday, but that one shouldn't really count) are extremely rare indeed.
Hard to say at that time since I was like 1 or something, but Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction are two completely different types of genres and although they're both good, Forrest Gump has Pulp Fiction beat. Pulp Fiction was not innovative, a lot of what Tarrintino does, in fact most of it, is taken from other movies and jumbled up into Pulp Fiction. It was unusual for it's time and action packed. However, Forrest Gump masters all of the practical Hollywood techniques that most movies use and what's unique about Forrest Gump is that it has so many parts to it, that it can almost be a bunch of movies jumbled up into one, except they're so smoothly connected that you don't even notice it. No movie has ever done that, past or present. To be honest I've seen more pop culture references to Gump than Pulp Fiction.

I'm not sure if I'd give him best director, it's hard to call that one. I will say that the academy awards tend to not give awards to the younger guys in the industry.