Flair banged up on Raw from camera incident

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

...Either that or he's a pretty damn crafty blader because it didn't even seem like Jericho caught him that hard with the first shot.

I havent watched Raw yet but that's exactly what I thought... No-one bleeds that much from a single (worked) punch....

They guy's just had plenty of practice blading over the course of his c-a-r-e-e-r.

Moonlight Drive

That segment sucked, Flair no sold every shot except for the camera. When you can't move over to a barricade without looking like a wounded penguin, you know you're too old.

Although that thing with the watch was gold. I'm surprised they didn't do that during the HBK/Y2J program.

Soulpower

*Sigh*

Flair had the laceration before-hand. Its done that way so that wrestlers can be busted open from even the weakest of punches.

noumenon

Seriously though, Jericho catches him just above his brow....he gets split open on the top of his head? lol

And BTW....he totally should have bumped off that camera shot...not screamed and stumbled FOWARD to his knees...

LKP

When flair says woo watch his left hand crunch up ready for a blade. He does it as he lands if you watch the gif closely. He holds his head and blades.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
And BTW....he totally should have bumped off that camera shot...not screamed and stumbled FOWARD to his knees...

Didn't he actually get hit? A scream like that ain't no sell, that's legit. But the staggering? That's all Flair lol.

noumenon

It's actually quite comical when you watch it.
::CRACK!:: AAAAAAAAAAHHhh!!!............oh shit I'm supposed to be selling, lemme fall on my face for all these hypocrites one more time..lol.

JimmyD

Reaction score
That segment sucked, Flair no sold every shot except for the camera. When you can't move over to a barricade without looking like a wounded penguin, you know you're too old.

Although that thing with the watch was gold. I'm surprised they didn't do that during the HBK/Y2J program.

I don't think he no-sold anything at all, in fact I think he was selling the shots very realistically. The original punch obviously dazed him meaning he wasn't going to throw himself about when Jericho connected with further punches, and in reference to those saying Flair is too easy to make bleed: try taking a punch direct to the side of your eyebrow and see if it doesn't make you leak like a sieve. There's a lot of capillaries up there that are very close to the surface of the skin.

Anyway, when Flair went down he was getting punched in the forehead while still being out of it, hence why he didn't do the over-dramatic selling that we're used to, but rest assured those punches were definitely connecting. Just look at Jericho's knuckles at the end of the segment.

I thought his bit on the mic was excellent and the promo in general was very well done. Almost got me looking forward to a match that is bound to suck balls, which is to it's credit.

noumenon

Right before Jericho slammed his head into the steps when they're leaning on the barrier I remember Flair said something REALLY loud...lol. Anyone remember what it was?

Moonlight Drive

He no-sold ever shot after the first until the camera. Jericho kicks him and he acts like it didn't happen, he just crawls to the ropes.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I dont agree. Flair is great at selling. Granted not his best selling this past weeek. But imo he did sell majority of those shots. And he deffo didn't no sell. But everyone has diffrent veiws. And mine is he sold and is one of thee best sellers along with HBK, But hey thats just me =]

JimmyD

Reaction score
I still reckon Jericho nearly knocked him out with that first punch, which is why it didn't look like he was selling.