Fitness & Stuff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Going to necro a two year old thread because I can and it's relatable.

I posted here two years ago that I was going to start getting some form of exercise, and I didn't do it lmao. I weighed probably around 135-140lbs then, and as of this morning I weigh 212lbs. I'm gonna try and actually do it this time. Honestly not really looking to lose a ton of weight or get back to where I was two years ago, because I feel like I carry weight well and am generally happy with how I look. But I wanna at least be more active for general health. My knees hurt pretty badly here and there, and my back isn't the greatest either. Getting some form of exercise will likely help me with that.

How's your fitness these days?
Give rebounding a try. I got a new rebounder not too long ago off Amazon for $100 something since my old one broke. I posted it in the recent purchases thread. It is the only exercise I can actually stick with and the benefits are great for knees and back issues. I walked into a hole back in 2016 that one of my dogs dug while carrying jugs of water, ever since then I have had back problems. It helps with that. Also helps with my knees which I have had issues with since my teens from slamming them onto ice while skating.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I feel that. I think I have left the house in the past 8 weeks double the amount of times I did the rest of this year (I would say 20 times and 10 times, respectively)

Walking is how I get most of my exercise, so when I am being an anxious mess, I put on weight
Yeah, that happened to me a few times. I would trap myself indoors from bad bouts of panic attacks and gain weight. I get bad panic attacks in cars from being in a few accidents so it is hard to go places but I have to keep working on it.

I have been eating better just this past week and I generally feel better already. For some reason, I think beans help with my anxiety so I am thinking it is linked to a vitamin B issue or something.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Give rebounding a try. I got a new rebounder not too long ago off Amazon for $100 something since my old one broke. I posted it in the recent purchases thread. It is the only exercise I can actually stick with and the benefits are great for knees and back issues. I walked into a hole back in 2016 that one of my dogs dug while carrying jugs of water, ever since then I have had back problems. It helps with that. Also helps with my knees which I have had issues with since my teens from slamming them onto ice while skating.
I'll have to look into that. Looks kinda fun, too. I never really had a lot of pain before, occasional aches everyone has but it's starting to become a more regular thing. And it likely stems from getting heavier, since I haven't done anything to injure myself. I do sit most of the day which isn't helping matters.

My diet is pretty good for the most part, sometimes I do eat ridiculous things that are absolutely terrible for me but I do a pretty good job of making smart decisions about food. I just need the exercise so I'm not aching all the time.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I need to get back Into exercising again....

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that. Looks kinda fun, too. I never really had a lot of pain before, occasional aches everyone has but it's starting to become a more regular thing. And it likely stems from getting heavier, since I haven't done anything to injure myself. I do sit most of the day which isn't helping matters.

My diet is pretty good for the most part, sometimes I do eat ridiculous things that are absolutely terrible for me but I do a pretty good job of making smart decisions about food. I just need the exercise so I'm not aching all the time.
I know that feel. When I sit at my computer all day, by the time I am heading to bed I feel like a 70 year old woman. lol I try to make an effort to at least stand-up and move around every 30 minutes but that doesn't always happen. I am actually beginning to think that the reason older people have a lot of pain and have trouble moving is down to retirement because they are not as active anymore. I mean it makes sense. I know my pain is greatly reduced on days where I am actually being active. It is too easy to not be bothered. lol