Fitness & Stuff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I started yesterday. Trying to improve my circulation and over all health. I figured walking was one of the best things I could do so I am using my treadmill on full incline for 30 minutes a day. I walk over a mile (about 1.25) and man... I get tired! LOL I used to walk all over the place when I was younger because I didn't drive. When I started getting anxiety and having panic attacks my activity level dropped to near non-existent.

So I am aiming to change that now. Exercise is said to be good for anxiety as well so it should be beneficial all around. I did 2 days though so it is nothing to get excited over yet. If I can stick to it for 2 weeks then it will become a habit and I should be fine. I wont be doing it Sunday because of mother's day but I will be doing it tomorrow and Saturday for sure.

Anyone work out or plan on it?
If you do what kind of things do you do to stay in shape?
Do you have any goals/ have you reached any goals?

Reactions: bullyballmm

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I play football (soccer) almost every week and aside from that I do a LOT of running. Not the gym and reps kinda guy though. I like running, it kinda centers my mind.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Fitness..

giphy.gif

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The whole drinking more water thing I started with has helped me out in a few ways. More energy, and I seem to get better sleep in general than I did before. My skin is starting to look a bit better too.

Right now I get pretty much no exercise whatsoever, but I'm wanting to start at least walking around my block a few times every evening, because my circulation is pretty bad too due to going from bed > chair/couch > bed all day every day and not much else. Maybe later I'll start adding more rigorous exercise in but right now I'm not in shape to do that.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The whole drinking more water thing I started with has helped me out in a few ways. More energy, and I seem to get better sleep in general than I did before. My skin is starting to look a bit better too.

Right now I get pretty much no exercise whatsoever, but I'm wanting to start at least walking around my block a few times every evening, because my circulation is pretty bad too due to going from bed > chair/couch > bed all day every day and not much else. Maybe later I'll start adding more rigorous exercise in but right now I'm not in shape to do that.

Yeah that is why I am starting with some basic walking. Walking is one of the best things you can do for circulation too.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Now that the weather is warmer I do 5K every other day, either a jog or a brisk walk depending on how I feel.
I also do the simple ever increasing push ups every day (start doing as many as you can, try doing a little more every day) and I do a 100 Hindu squats before bed.
I also have some simple dumbbells in the apartment.

Once I've moved I'm getting a gym membership again. Because deadlifting fucking rocks.

If you're looking for some simple weight training that does the entire body and circulation good, get kettle bells.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Now that the weather is warmer I do 5K every other day, either a jog or a brisk walk depending on how I feel.
I also do the simple ever increasing push ups every day (start doing as many as you can, try doing a little more every day) and I do a 100 Hindu squats before bed.
I also have some simple dumbbells in the apartment.

Once I've moved I'm getting a gym membership again. Because deadlifting fucking rocks.

If you're looking for some simple weight training that does the entire body and circulation good, get kettle bells.

I think I talked to you before about kettle bells. I do have one. I think it is a 10 pounds on but my shoulders have issues as well as my neck so I end hurting myself every time I use it. I think if I ever do decide to try again, I will need someone to make sure my form is correct. I know how well they work, someone I know lost 60 pounds just doing standard kettle bell workouts and he increased his muscles a lot. Over all was a healthier guy. The walking is helping though. My hands aren't as cold and it has only been 4 days so that is good improvement if you ask me!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think I talked to you before about kettle bells. I do have one. I think it is a 10 pounds on but my shoulders have issues as well as my neck so I end hurting myself every time I use it. I think if I ever do decide to try again, I will need someone to make sure my form is correct. I know how well they work, someone I know lost 60 pounds just doing standard kettle bell workouts and he increased his muscles a lot. Over all was a healthier guy. The walking is helping though. My hands aren't as cold and it has only been 4 days so that is good improvement if you ask me!
A problem with bad shoulders and neck is you have to work on it to get better. Catch 22 (I come from a family with shoulder issues). My tips is get a short term gym membership and get a instructor to look over your form. Then when you have it down you can go back to working out at home if you don't like the gym.

There are videos about it online certainly. But to get the form right having someone there in person is always the best.

Nick

Reaction score
Since it's summer again and I'm not busy with school for a little, I'm planning on swimming daily. A few years ago, swimming every day helped me lose about 15 pounds. I just swim laps for an hour and rest a while, and go at it again a little later since I have a pool in my backyard. If you have access to a pool, I would recommend doing swimming and some lifting. It will help increase your muscle mass and cardio while burning a ton of fat

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I don't have the most time right now and to get in shape it may take a bit as my diet right now is far from the best (plus working at a coffee shop with doughnuts everywhere makes it even harder along with me being tight on money). But this summer my brother is doing a Keto Diet since I am not in the apartment and he has gained a lot of weight since he stopped wrestling (Amature, not the stuff we watch) and he wants a much more healthy body weight.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Since it's summer again and I'm not busy with school for a little, I'm planning on swimming daily. A few years ago, swimming every day helped me lose about 15 pounds. I just swim laps for an hour and rest a while, and go at it again a little later since I have a pool in my backyard. If you have access to a pool, I would recommend doing swimming and some lifting. It will help increase your muscle mass and cardio while burning a ton of fat

Planning on using my pool this year to help with my shoulder pain actually.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
3 - 4 Days Per Week in the gym mostly. My plan goes as this

20 Minutes of cardio. Mostly just running, but I got bored of weights last week so did 40 minutes. Depends on the mood I guess

40 Minutes of weight training. Probably the most fun part to be honest.

Push ups and other forms of ground workouts. Although I have just been skipping them for a while. Do my push ups at home when I'm in the mood.

My diet is pretty simple. I eat once per day and that mostly includes Chicken, Rice, Broccoli and other forms of protein. I only drink water to be honest, so my diet would probably be considered healthy.

My plan was mostly for weight loss, but I found weight training to be fun. I'm not making crazy gains since I'm still on the weight loss training stages. Last time I weighed myself I was 191 pounds, and that was a loss from 247 or something. Still have a good 20 pounds to go I would say before I begin to bulk and gain muscle. My build is apparently pretty good for gains so that's good. I mean, I couldn't ride the bike for more than 5 minutes when I started a long ass time ago lol. I didn't leave the house much at all around that time, and my fitness levels dropped so bad. Decided to get my ass in check at age 16 and I've been doing good. I can do like 20 - 40 minutes of running easy enough. Still get sweat and shit, but honestly in the correct mood I think I could go for 2 hours. Might do a marathon one day

I personally enjoy fitness somewhat. Still get tempted by some foods and shit, but I seem to hold my own. I'm not like "Never go near sweet things again!" or anything. I'll eat fast food once per week maybe twice. I'll eat the odd chocolate bar (I ate a Milky Bar after dinner today)

I'm trying to go further now. I'm looking into a possible marathon or something. Maybe MMA training for a hobby. Both require a decent amount of fitness

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am sticking it out for once. I am beginning to see why people who exercise daily are generally happier too.
I was having a bad day, did my 30 minute walk, and now I feel a lot calmer and not as bothered by what was getting to me earlier.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Going to necro a two year old thread because I can and it's relatable.

I posted here two years ago that I was going to start getting some form of exercise, and I didn't do it lmao. I weighed probably around 135-140lbs then, and as of this morning I weigh 212lbs. I'm gonna try and actually do it this time. Honestly not really looking to lose a ton of weight or get back to where I was two years ago, because I feel like I carry weight well and am generally happy with how I look. But I wanna at least be more active for general health. My knees hurt pretty badly here and there, and my back isn't the greatest either. Getting some form of exercise will likely help me with that.

How's your fitness these days?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
When I started getting anxiety and having panic attacks my activity level dropped to near non-existent.

I feel that. I think I have left the house in the past 8 weeks double the amount of times I did the rest of this year (I would say 20 times and 10 times, respectively)

Walking is how I get most of my exercise, so when I am being an anxious mess, I put on weight

Anyone work out or plan on it?
If you do what kind of things do you do to stay in shape?
Do you have any goals/ have you reached any goals?

Well I don't go to the gym, but I used to do a lot of intensive playing of Wii Sports in the Summer (so stuff like dropping to the floor and doing as many push-ups before the opponent in Boxing gets up/is KO'd for a 10 count, for instance). I would play it on average an hour each day. It surprisingly worked, I became the skinniest I had been since I was like 10 lol (I should probably get back into this... Summer IS coming up soon)

I do want to lose my belly fat/possibly get some abs, and get more toned arms/legs. Also work on my cardio