First Main Event Announced for ROH's Debut HDNet Taping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Ring of Honor has announced several main events for their debut HDNet TV tapings which will be held on February 28th and March 1st at the old ECW Arena in Philadelphia. The first announced main event will see former tag champions Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black wrestling in a grudge match. More main events will be announced coming soon, and it's being reported that ROH will tape the first 6 HDNet broadcasts on those two taping dates.

Source - WZ

Soulpower

I would have expected something with either Danielson or Nigel (You know, THE CHAMPION!!!), but I guess this will make for a good match.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm guessing that Nigel will be featured first to start things off hot for the debut show. Having Black vs Jacobs in the main event would give enough time for both of them to cut a couple of good promos. I don't see a clear finish for the match, though.

Hometown Kid

I'm guessing that Nigel will be featured first to start things off hot for the debut show. Having Black vs Jacobs in the main event would give enough time for both of them to cut a couple of good promos. I don't see a clear finish for the match, though.

I'm thinking he'll be the first thing on the show, but maybe in a promo though, not a match, possibly to set up somebody coming out to brawl with him.

Gotta agree on the finish of the Black/Jacobs match but I don't know how wise it would be to not have a clean finish to the main event on the first ever TV show though.

Moonlight Drive

It does say several Main Events, so how do we know Black vs Jacobs will be the biggest match on the show?

Soulpower

Here are the first 5 main events announced for the tapings.

* Episode #1: Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs
* Episode #2: ROH Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Jay Briscoe
* Episode #3: Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries
* Episode #4: Jerry Lynn vs. Brodie Lee
* Episode #5: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright

The 6th main event was announced in a recent newswire and it will be.... Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black.

Kizza

6 Big Main Events Announced for ROH's HDNet Tapings

The following main events will headline Ring of Honor's first set of HDNet TV tapings this weekend at the old ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA. They will be taped on 2/28 and 3/1:

-Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs.

-Nigel McGuinness vs. Jay Briscoe.

-Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries.

-Jerry Lynn vs. Brodie Lee.

-Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright.

-Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black.

Source - WZ

RoflRoflRofl. Brodie Lee in a main event. Lolololol.