Fire Russo...Hire Who?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Haze187

Reaction score
Ok possibly the biggest complaint of TNA fans/haters is Vince Russo, now I won't say the guy has done the best thing for the company but he hasn't been WCW Russo booking bad. Now if Russo is fired, who should be hired?

I personally would hire Paul Heyman, if he has the roster, the money and the power he makes any wrestling company a top contender. If he was to go to TNA he would really turn their marketing around, their booking will be gold, and ppvs will be classics.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say that I personnally think that Vince Russo is an underrated writer and a shitty booker.........

I dunno...I'm a spammer-guy dude person vag'-poonger ...so like

If I was tna i'd hire DAVE MELTZER to book and write my shows...cuz then all the matches would be automatic Match of the Year contenders...ya know..since he's like that guy that rates matches and what not...

Hometown Kid

I would get rid of Russo and just let Cornette make booking decisions from now on...he's already in the company so he would be a natural transition IMO...

Beer Money Army

tna bad booking would be dome more than one writer....

I would Like Jimmy to do some writing for the shows....

Russo had success in the past for WWE.. But He had Vince Mcmahon under his wing, In which Vince is great at making decision for his shows..Russo without Mcmahon didn't work for WCW.. It's not working for TNA.. Russo needs Mcmahon to produce better storylines and ratings.

If tna did less numerous endings of matches with DQ due to Interference.. Plus didn't have the heels always on top against faces all the time.. The shows would succed better...

The women division is the only success division in TNA.. If you check the ratings...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Dipset Army said:
The women division is the only success division in TNA.. If you check the ratings...
Thus showing that you don't need to hire a new booker, just get Scott D'Amore to book more of the show than just the knockouts. D'Amore actually seems to make the right decisions. Kin/Kong has been by far the best feud in TNA for awhile, and it is no coincidence that D'Amore booked it.

If they were going to hire someone, I would say Raven. He is a genius when it comes to thinking in wresting, and could really make a difference imo.

Hometown Kid

If they were going to hire someone, I would say Raven. He is a genius when it comes to thinking in wresting, and could really make a difference imo.

It would be ok but there's no chance that will happen. Raven is still wrestling in the indies although if he decided to retire or at least semi-retire...

gashface

Reaction score
I think they should build a booking and writing team, Scott D'amore, Jim Cornette and if possible get Heyman in, he'd be expensive, but worth the money.

Montana

Thus showing that you don't need to hire a new booker, just get Scott D'Amore to book more of the show than just the knockouts. D'Amore actually seems to make the right decisions. Kin/Kong has been by far the best feud in TNA for awhile, and it is no coincidence that D'Amore booked it.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. I was also thinking a few people on this site could book better. But really, a lot of the faults booking wise lie on Jarrett.

Haze187

Reaction score
Well we all know the reason for the ratings is Jarrett's fault, like Konnan said this guy's idea of ratings is NASCAR drivers,reality stars and Pacman Jones.

chessarmy

I think Russo is doing fine but if he did get fired, I would love to see Heyman, Raven, or Jim Cornette take his place. Obviously Paul Heyman would be my top choice, the guy will make the product fucking unbelievable and I'm sure ratings will go to record highs if he takes over as head booker

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Raven should be booking TNA. I've thought that for awhile, I doubt that it'll ever happen, but I'd love it if it were to happen.

Nikhil

Reaction score
Raven was released from TNA though. Wish Cornette would join the booking team though.

Qwake

If they were to get Heyman and Raven booking and alot of the old ECW guys then I would watch TNA every week, those to would make that business greatness!!! Or they could have Heyman book one show on like a trial and see how he does and I think it would beat ECW and get close to beating SD...

Haze187

Reaction score
Man I firmly believe Paul Heyman might be the only person that can turn TNA into a top contender in the ratings and ppv buys, Paul Heyman made ECW at a higher level than TNA could ever get to with no money wich led to ECW dying but if you have Heyman in TNA he could turn in it all around because TNA already has the roster they just need to be used better, marketed better and bring them to stardom, Heyman always makes the best decisions on things like that most of the time. You give him a good source of money (Dixie) he will use it to make more money. And man the product will be good. That's the type of person TNA needs instead of looking to sign WWE guys. They have the one of the best rosters in wrestling yet they aren't doing anything.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
to be honest...I think Paul Heymans a bit overrated...I mean sure he's a good booker, but his storylines kind've suck a bit...either that or the WWE just let him book and were in control of the storylines...I dunno, But I don't think Paul's booking would make the TNA ratings jump from 1.02 Up To 2.28 or something like that...it'll maybe jump up to 1.2 or something like that...I dunno...KA-DURRH!?!