Finally! Immigrants To Face English Language Test

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Finally! Immigrants To Face English Language Test

Immigrants coming to Britain to marry or join their partner are to be asked to take an English language test first.

The Government is announcing that all non-European migrants will have to demonstrate basic communication skills before receiving a visa.

The measure, due to come into force this autumn, will apply to new visa applicants.

They will need to show that they can speak English at the same level required for skilled workers admitted under the points-based system.

The introduction of an English language test was one of four key elements of the Conservatives' election manifesto.

However, deputy prime minister Nick Clegg was opposed to the move.

Home Secretary Theresa May said: "I believe being able to speak English should be a pre-requisite for anyone who wants to settle here.

"The new English requirement for spouses will help promote integration, remove cultural barriers and protect public services.

"It is a privilege to come to the UK and that is why I am committed to raising the bar for migrants and ensuring that those who benefit from being in Britain contribute to our society."

Ms May said the Home Office was "reviewing English language requirements across the visa system with a view to tightening the rules further in the future".

"Today's announcement is one of a wide range of measures the new Government is taking to ensure that immigration is properly controlled for the benefit of the UK," she said.

The new plans mean a spouse coming from outside Europe must provide evidence they have passed an English language test by an approved provider.

Visa applicants in these circumstances must already meet a range of criteria before being allowed to enter the UK under current rules.

My Opinion: It's about time! Most of the immigrants that are in my school talk polish and barely talk English. They have their Polish teachers translate english for them to the english teachers which is pathetic.​

Reaction score
Isn't this like twenty years old?

I mean, of course you need to meet some English requirements before you get a UK visa.

maty619

Reaction score
This has just come into action in the UK C4, either that or the news have been so ignorant as to ignore this for 20 years and pass it off as news now. I think it is about time, there was this Polish kid who just joined my school and he didn't speak a word, apart from the odd swear word we used to teach him. We would ask this guy a question and his answer would be to stare at you gourmlessly. Having said that I do know 2 kids that don't speak English as their first language but are pretty good, one lad is slightly above average in English but he is a dick so it doesn't matter. I think as long as the tax payer doesn't suffer as a result of this then it is a good idea but if they start raising taxes to pay for these language lessons then it is bullshit, just don't let immigrants get into this country if they are costing us money (by us I mean tax payer which I clearly am not).

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
It's like trying to stop a flood with a stick.

What made me rofl is the adv that google chose for this thread:
2le2zxf.jpg

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
And for the record, your country is doomed, I always thought France was the worst one dealing with the immigration issue, or the Netherlands. Actually, it's England. You don't have a single major party that is going to make anything significant to tackle this issue. British Conservatives are a ridiculous living contraddiction, LibDem are nothing more than filthy hippies, Labour are the same as Tories (yeah, they are supposed to be the exact opposites), but they dress like filthy hippies.
Good luck with your civil war once we kick you out of EU.

maty619

Reaction score
Seriously, GBR should be a continent in its own right, we are just so much better than any Europians :p (btw that was a joke for those of you that are slow :)).

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Seriously, GBR should be a continent in its own right, we are just so much better than any Europians :p (btw that was a joke for those of you that are slow :)).
It may be a joke to you, but that's what your political class thinks, and behaves according to this idea. Again good luck, former world power.

maty619

Reaction score
I blaim Gordon Brown, he was a shit PM and if he had stepped down or called an election as soon as it became obvious this country would be fine, we wouldn't have a fucking hung parliament and we would have had a competent PM for however long it was.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
You haven't had a single decent Prime Minister since Maggie Thatcher.

Reaction score
I actually think a civil war is coming. On that day, I will say England is the shittiest country.

Reaction score
I think that's what I dislike about most immigrants the most, both here in the US and abroad from what I hear. They go into another country and expect that country's culture to adapt to them, not them adapting to the country's culture.

G 3

Reaction score
I think that's what I dislike about most immigrants the most, both here in the US and abroad from what I hear. They go into another country and expect that country's culture to adapt to them, not them adapting to the country's culture.

Lol by that logic we should live like Native Americans did in 1400's.

Reaction score
So you're saying that a person who immigrates to a new country should not have to adapt to the culture of that country then?

G 3

Reaction score
No, they shouldn't be forced to do anything. You wouldn't have any diversity if that was the case.

Reaction score
Then how would they survive in a foreign country then? How would they do the things that are simple to us, but hard to them?