Finally a notification system!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
MyBB has lacked one massive thing over the years and that is notifications. What is notifications? The ability to be notified when someone has replied to your thread, quoted your post, repped you, liked your post etc. We finally have it! So thank the developer of the plugin, @[euantor] -- who is also on the support team at mybb.com.

As you can see in the welcome block bar, we have alerts. When you click that, a drop down list will appear with your recent alerts. You can adjust your alert settings here.. Before you ask, YES we are integrating our custom like plugin with this, meaning you will get alerted when someone likes your post, fantastic right?

We know about the bug where you click your alert (like a post where you're quoted for example) and the alert doesn't go away, to get rid of it you'll need to click "view all alerts" and then go off that page afterwards.
That will be fixed in later versions of the plugin don't worry, it's a minor inconvenience to a really good needed plugin.

Lastly, we'll be changing its position probably and the name from "Alerts" to "Notifications" (again, probably) but yeah it's here and queer.

Reactions: Rysenberg
Reaction score
you forgot the - between alerts and modcp.

and this mod is awesome btw. Was really looking forward to it. Thanks euantor.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
That feel when you have no Alerts currently :upset:

Amazing plugin. Is it exclusive to this site? Or will the developer be releasing it?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It's public to all of MyBB, finally.

That's sweet.

Also, the colour the Alerts tab is when you get an alert is sick, don't ever change it :yay:

euantor

Jobber
Reaction score
Yeah, I made it public. The integration with the likes and tagging stuff will be unique to this site though when it's done.

Reactions: leojay
Reaction score
leojay said:
That feel when you have no Alerts currently :upset:

Amazing plugin. Is it exclusive to this site? Or will the developer be releasing it?

:never:

Also crayo, this bold text looks bad.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
euantor said:
Yeah, I made it public. The integration with the likes and tagging stuff will be unique to this site though when it's done.

So I could spam tags and it'd show up in the notification?

What if I quote and tag? Will there be two notifications?

@[euantor]