Fifa World Cup 2014 - Deutschland über alles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I agree in some sense. He could be such an inspiration to those younger players, but he didn't perform well in the training grounds to my understanding. I see were Klinsmann is coming from but morale goes a long way as well. Its like if LeBron goes to Cleveland for example, while Cleveland doesn't have any players- his presence alone could uplift the team.
That is absolute BS about his not performing well in training. All of the senior members of the club (Jozy, Bradley, Dempsey, Howard, ect) said he was EASILY performing as a top 23 player and they couldn't understand him not being included. He and Klinsmann just don't mesh philosophically. I think LD is too laid back in his approach for Klinsmann. That is just who Donovan is.. Klinsmann, a good coach, seems like a petty dude sadly. Hopefully it is just a Donovan thing and it doesn't manifest itself with other players down the line.

I am pissed at Klinsmann for the LD thing, but I can at least appreciate the style of ball he has us playing as opposed to managers in the past. Much more ascetically pleasing.

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
That is absolute BS about his not performing well in training. All of the senior members of the club (Jozy, Bradley, Dempsey, Howard, ect) said he was EASILY performing as a top 23 player and they couldn't understand him not being included. He and Klinsmann just don't mesh philosophically. I think LD is too laid back in his approach for Klinsmann. That is just who Donovan is.. Klinsmann, a good coach, seems like a petty dude sadly. Hopefully it is just a Donovan thing and it doesn't manifest itself with other players down the line.

I am pissed at Klinsmann for the LD thing, but I can at least appreciate the style of ball he has us playing as opposed to managers in the past. Much more ascetically pleasing.
Could have been personal feelings in play between the LD and Klinsmann. Never know.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Could have been personal feelings in play between the LD and Klinsmann. Never know.
Remember the tweet sent out by his son?? yea, personal feelings are clearly involved

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
Remember the tweet sent out by his son?? yea, personal feelings are clearly involved
9f2f4545eb798c34988b4ac29ae7bb8a.jpg

Yeah, what the fuck is this shit? Donovan would scrub that cock-sucker outta this world.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
9f2f4545eb798c34988b4ac29ae7bb8a.jpg

Yeah, what the fuck is this shit? Donovan would scrub that cock-sucker outta this world.
He has a scholarship to play GK at Cal... if i were that coach I would have called him and had a serious talk about respect and responsibility, while rescinding his scholly.

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
He has a scholarship to play GK at Cal... if i were that coach I would have called him and had a serious talk about respect and responsibility, while rescinding his scholly.
Its okay. He'll get the picture when his D-line decides to let the opposition's strikers break past them easily, scoring an un-godly amount of goals on him until he becomes a bench-warmer for the rest of his life. Everyone loves Donovan.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
:boss:

scored last night like a boss
Italy looked class. Love watching them play. England was tougher than I had expected, they've really reinvented their brand of football over the past 4 years.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
England did NOT deserve a draw lol. 2-1 final was about how the match felt watching it unfold.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Dunno, everyone here is saying that it was our best performance since Euro 2004. Unfortunately, it's the first tournament in well over a decade where we can't rely on a world-class defence. We will still qualify from the group though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Dunno, everyone here is saying that it was our best performance since Euro 2004. Unfortunately, it's the first tournament in well over a decade where we can't rely on a world-class defence. We will still qualify from the group though.
I was impressed with your showing moving forward and it is nice to see a better brand of football from your side, but that defending did not leave you worthy of a result IMHO.

Crankdeer

The Showoff
Reaction score
England's defense still didn't compare to the monstrosity of Spain's. Still can't get over that shit.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was impressed with your showing moving forward and it is nice to see a better brand of football from your side, but that defending did not leave you worthy of a result IMHO.

Yep, it was a mistake not to take Ashley Cole and we'd benefit from John Terry at CB too.

Uruguay look terrible and have a key defender suspended for Thursday. Just hope Suarez isn't too pumped up to get going in this tournament.