Feud for Mark Henry

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I fully expect Sheamus to go over Henry. Why? #wwelogic

WWE Logic: How can we get Sheamus over? He is CLEARLY awesome, we all see it.
Voice of reason: He is OK I guess
WWE Logic: WTF? gtfo the writers room asshole. Anyway, we give him strong wins. He cuts amazing promos, why isn't he connecting with the crowd?
Voice of reason: He's just no Mark Henry, that's all.
WWE Logic: MARK HENRY? Son, you finally said something worth saying. The people love Henry, right?
Voice of reason: Yea no shit he is the fucking man
WWE Logic: So what if...
Voice of reason: Goddammmit I don't like where this is going
WWE Logic: STFU AND ACCEPT WHAT WE GIVE YOU. What if we take Mark henry, who everyone loves, and JOB HIM OUT TO SHEAMUS!
voice of reason: :harvey:
WWE Logic: THEN EVERYONE WILL LOVE SHEAMUS! IT'S THE TRANSITIVE PROPERTY OF OVERNESS! HENRY = OVER. WE TAKE SHEAMUS, PUT HIM OVER HENRY, THEN BOOM. HE WILL BE OVER. ::high fives two other writers:: FUCK YEA
Voice of reason: ::Chugs bottle of draino:: goodbye cruel world

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Pyro said:
I highly doubt Sheamus -- who has no momentum atm -- is going over the guy who just beat Ryback cleanly at Wrestlemania. Clearly WWE want to protect Henry, which makes sense considering his gimmick, so I just do not see Sheamus going over. As for Cena's victims, you can easily elevate midcard heels to face him and do the job. WWE tend to do that anyway for the smaller PPV's. You don't take your biggest heel and shove him against Cena one PPV after Cena wins at Wrestlemania.

Mark Henry is gonna face John Cena at some point, so whether anyone likes it or not, he's gonna do the job. I said "...should challenge for the WWE Title at some point" for a reason, because I realize the match doesn't have to be at Extreme Rules, but Henry being a strong heel and someone who Cena hasn't really faced yet, it's gonna happen eventually. I'd personally like it if Henry (later on down the road) defeated Cena and took the title and then put Cena on the shelf for two or three months. We all know that won't happen, but pretend. He got a good reign for a few months and then Cena comes back and wins the title in a daring effort. Or there's always the alternate idea I mentioned in my first post, do one match that ends in a draw or DQ and then have Cena win the next one. Henry is a worthy enough opponent to stretch it out over a couple of months.

And I would personally expect Sheamus to go over. The fact that he has no momentum is likely the exact reason he's being paired up with Henry. I fail to see the point in Henry squashing a guy who has no momentum or fan support at the moment, if Sheamus is indeed a guy they still care anything about.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
No shit it's going to happen eventually... But after Henry has a ton of momentum and really is the biggest heel on RAW as well as SmackDown. To job him now after a few months of HoP and just going over Ryback would be the most pointless thing in the world, which is why your "Sheamus will likely defeat Henry himself" baffled me. Even by WWE's standards, I would be surprised if Henry lost clean to Sheamus.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
What?
That would be stupid, I don't want anyone to feud with Sheamus, he should only feud with himself. He is very irrelevant to the point that he drags everyone he feuds with to irrelevancy. lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
CrayJ Lee said:
I don't like the idea of that rivalry. I can't see them meshing well together.

It's already happened, and they don't.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Pyro said:
No shit it's going to happen eventually... But after Henry has a ton of momentum and really is the biggest heel on RAW as well as SmackDown. To job him now after a few months of HoP and just going over Ryback would be the most pointless thing in the world, which is why your "Sheamus will likely defeat Henry himself" baffled me. Even by WWE's standards, I would be surprised if Henry lost clean to Sheamus.

And you WEREN'T surprised that Ryback lost to Henry? If Sheamus defeating Henry surprises you, you obviously have more faith in WWE booking than I do. I recall most here (including myself) thinking it was obvious Henry was winning the EC but it didn't happen. Explain to me as well how Ryback is ever supposed to gain momentum by constantly losing, yet WWE continues to book him that way. And he's about to lose again, this time to John Cena.

Point being, it's been well established that WWE has illogical booking. Saying it's counter productive or makes no sense is no indication it won't happen.

Taking WWE's point of view, it's easy to see them jobbing Henry to either Cena or Sheamus right away. Going back to the Cena/Henry feud though, I guess I have two minds about it. On one hand, you could argue that if Henry has drawing power, he's got enough momentum already and he gives Cena a strong opponent to start his reign off with. On the other hand, it might be best to save him for later simply because it's hard to imagine how many fresh opponents for Cena there is. Ryback? A member of The Shield? (...No.) A face/face encounter with someone? They'll need someone for the big Summerslam PPV (assuming they don't bring back Rock for the third match with Cena there) and I guess a heel Henry could work there. But they've already got Henry confronting Cena and it's possible the feud will happen sooner in the year rather than later.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:
And you WEREN'T surprised that Ryback lost to Henry? If Sheamus defeating Henry surprises you, you obviously have more faith in WWE booking than I do. I recall most here (including myself) thinking it was obvious Henry was winning the EC but it didn't happen. Explain to me as well how Ryback is ever supposed to gain momentum by constantly losing, yet WWE continues to book him that way. And he's about to lose again, this time to John Cena.

I thought Ryback was winning, but I wasn't "surprised" when he lost. Henry is a big draw, and is the most credible heel on the roster at the moment. It wasn't exactly unthinkable to see Henry winning, especially considering Ryback's previous losses on PPV's to numerous opponents. The booking error with Henry going over was the way it was booked, and not the result. Ryback should have hit the shellshock during the match, and then Henry should have "rolled out" afterwards, and then kicking out at 2 when Ryback finally gets him in for the pin. I don't put Henry going over Ryback more inconceivable than Sheamus going over Henry; it's not even close. The only way Henry/Ryback could be a a bad booking decision is if Henry now loses to Sheamus cleanly, which won't happen.

Ryback's PPV losses have all been dirty, apart from Henry. The IWC grossly overestimate losses as momentum killers; Ryback is stupidly over still and is now in the main event yet again, and doesn't look out of place. His moment will come, and perhaps him losing at PPV's will make his first win the more special for the casuals.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Pyro said:
I thought Ryback was winning, but I wasn't "surprised" when he lost. Henry is a big draw, and is the most credible heel on the roster at the moment. It wasn't exactly unthinkable to see Henry winning, especially considering Ryback's previous losses on PPV's to numerous opponents. The booking error with Henry going over was the way it was booked, and not the result. Ryback should have hit the shellshock during the match, and then Henry should have "rolled out" afterwards, and then kicking out at 2 when Ryback finally gets him in for the pin. I don't put Henry going over Ryback more inconceivable than Sheamus going over Henry; it's not even close. The only way Henry/Ryback could be a a bad booking decision is if Henry now loses to Sheamus cleanly, which won't happen.

Ryback's PPV losses have all been dirty, apart from Henry. The IWC grossly overestimate losses as momentum killers; Ryback is stupidly over still and is now in the main event yet again, and doesn't look out of place. His moment will come, and perhaps him losing at PPV's will make his first win the more special for the casuals.

Doesn't matter if they were dirty, what matters is that he keeps losing. Fans want to see a baby face overcome the odds, not constantly fail every time he's given a chance to deliver on the big stage. Of course he can always recover eventually, but the same can be said about Henry, as one loss to Sheamus (or even two counting Cena) isn't gonna affect his drawing power in a negative way in any way.

(I have a hard time believing anyone though that Henry winning was slightly possible. Seemed obvious they thought Ryback squashing a heel like Henry was a way to get some momentum back and was also a way for both Ryback and The Shield to get big victories on the grand stage, since most assumed Ryback wouldn't lose to The Shield if he went up against them for a fourth time.)

You forget Sheamus is Triple H's boy and WWE still want him to become a pivotal part in the main event so they won't likely give up on him so easily. Henry being a draw and an effective heel is the very reason to think Sheamus will go over. Can you think of another reason why they'd pair up Sheamus with Henry for any other reason? They could always have Henry go and squash someone else if that's what they want to go for. Hell, they could have had him squash Big Show, since there's the size advantage that would make Henry look even more dominant.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KLockard23 said:
Doesn't matter if they were dirty, what matters is that he keeps losing. Fans want to see a baby face overcome the odds, not constantly fail every time he's given a chance to deliver on the big stage. Of course he can always recover eventually, but the same can be said about Henry, as one loss to Sheamus (or even two counting Cena) isn't gonna affect his drawing power in a negative way in any way.

(I have a hard time believing anyone though that Henry winning was slightly possible. Seemed obvious they thought Ryback squashing a heel like Henry was a way to get some momentum back and was also a way for both Ryback and The Shield to get big victories on the grand stage, since most assumed Ryback wouldn't lose to The Shield if he went up against them for a fourth time.)

You forget Sheamus is Triple H's boy and WWE still want him to become a pivotal part in the main event so they won't likely give up on him so easily. Henry being a draw and an effective heel is the very reason to think Sheamus will go over. Can you think of another reason why they'd pair up Sheamus with Henry for any other reason? They could always have Henry go and squash someone else if that's what they want to go for. Hell, they could have had him squash Big Show, since there's the size advantage that would make Henry look even more dominant.

I disagree. Losing to a stable isn't damaging at all, especially if he had to rely on other tag-team partners. Ryback wasn't damaged nearly as much as you seemingly think he was imo, and the pops he still gets is proof of that. One "fluke loss" - I guess it was booked as that - isn't going to harm him either, against someone like Henry. Henry's gimmick is based around being unstoppable, and losing to Sheamus - a guy with no momentum at the moment - would definitely do more harm than Ryback losing to Henry has done. It's simply illogical, where as it wasn't illogical for Henry to go over Ryback. They're incomparable.

Okay, Sheamus was HHH's golden boy, but do you think he still is? The only way we could possibly know he was in the first plce is dirt-sheet reports, and there were dirt-sheet reports that WWE was getting impatient with Sheamus not connecting with fans enough, and were eager to show him that he can easily be replaced. I think the way he has seemingly fell down the card is proof that he isn't untouchable. I can think of plenty of reasons why they would pair them up:

1) Henry needed someone somewhat fresh to go over, who is also credible.
2) Sheamus is in no-mans-land at the moment, and is a great superstar to use for Henry.
3) Henry/Big Show have feuded so many times, and for long periods. They would never go back to that so soon.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Triple H has also said in a few interviews how much he's impressed by Sheamus and his love for the business so it;s not just the dirtsheets talking. They worked out together and HHH called him the "future of the business." This same exact thing (even the working together part) happened with Batista and we all know Triple H helped make him a huge star.

The only source for Sheamus/Henry is dirtsheets too, so take it for what it's worth. If defeating Henry did nothing for Sheamus, then it would nothing against Henry either since people wouldn't buy or care about the loss anyway. I think it's most likely that Extreme Rules ends up as a triple threat match between Cena, Henry and Ryback. Either way, Henry is either eating the pinfall or Ryback is eating another. And as I recall, Ryback's reactions aren't that loud except when he gets people (for only a short time) to chant his catchphrase.