Federer Drops Out of World Top Three

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Swiss ace Roger Federer has dropped out of the top three places in the ATP world rankings for the first time since just before he won the first of his 16 grand slam titles at Wimbledon in July, 2003.

Federer falls to fourth due to Andy Murray's win on Sunday in the Shanghai Masters, his third straight ATP title triumph in Asia during the past month.

Murray has few points to defend before the end of the season and with Federer sidelined with an injury, the Scot is well-placed to end the season as world No.3 for the first time.

Serbia's Novak Djokovic, who has won the Australian and US Opens as well as Wimbledon in 2011 remains comfortably ahead despite taking time off to rest a back injury.

French Open champion Rafael Nadal of Spain stays in second.

ATP World Top 20

1. Novak Djokovic (SRB)
  2. Rafael Nadal (ESP)
  3. Andy Murray (GBR)
  4. Roger Federer (GBR)
  5. David Ferrer (ESP)
  6. Robin Soderling (SWE)
  7. Tomas Berdych (CZE)
  8. Mardy Fish (USA)
  9. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)
  10. Gael Monfils (FRA)
  11. Nicolas Almagro (ESP)
  12. Gilles Simon (FRA)
  13. Andy Roddick (USA)
  14. Janko Tipsarevic (SRB)
  15. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG)
  16. Viktor Troicki (SRB)
  17. Alexandr Dolgopolov Jr. (UKR)
  18. Richard Gasquet (FRA)
  19. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
  20. Florian Mayer (GER)
Can't believe that it will be more than eight years since Federer hasn't been in the top three. Just shows how impressive his record has been to be on top for so long. I like that Novak is number one for the end of year rankings because his record this year is incredible. Some names I am not too familiar with in the Top 20. In Australian news Bernard Tomic is up to 49th :D

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Being in the top 3 in the world for 8 years in an individual sport where injuries and slumps are very common is unbelievable. This is an amazing accomplishment. As far as the top 20 only #16 doesn't sound familiar to me.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Awesome.

As much as Federer is the greatest player of all time, I'm glad he's out of the top three. I'm a fan of Nadal whilst my girlfriend is totally in love with Djokovic.

Good to see them placed 1 and 2.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It was so hard to believe when Federer first dropped out of the number 1 spot. It was even harder to see when Federer would actually lose a match. It was difficult to accept that he wasn't even number 2. But now he isn't number 3? The guy will go down as the best of all time. Better than Agassi. Better than Sampras. Better than all of them. Sometimes the best loses and he has lost some. But it is okay. He will get that swagger back and he will return back to the top again. He'll take claim to more records and soon he will retire as the greatest to ever play.

Being down to number 4 after all these years? Mannnn that is an accomplishment but think about this... how many years has he been in the top 5? And he is still in that. the guy is impressive.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that when he retires he will be remembered as the greatest of all time. He dominated the sport for so long and he has won everything there is to win. To be on top for this long is incredible and he is still number four. He looks good to play a few more years and he may do what the Williams sisters have done where these days they focus on winning grand slams and don't worry too much about the smaller tournaments other than using them for warm-ups.

In that list #14, #16 and #20 aren't that familiar to me.

It is good seeing some change at the top of that list though because for so long it was Federer and Nadal one and two. Will be good to see more changes in the coming years with more guys challenging for the top spots.