Favourite Movie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
My fave movies are Avatar( didnt get to see it in the cinema, bought it on DVD and well i try to watch it at least once a month.
I also enjoy watching The Last Samurai( love japanese culture) and if you want a decent movie to watch, try Apocalypto. Yes its direcred by Mel Gibson and contains a lot of violence/gore but its actually a very good watch but if you dont like reading subtitles in films, this one isnt for you

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I want to mention End Of Days too, don't like leaving it out. Sci Fi > all

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
For the purpose of this thread I'll say Resevoir Dogs. QT is one of my two favorite directors and this is my favorite film of his.

Not sure if I have seen that one, may have just been awhile, but yeah QT is great. Just saw the new one (Django Unchained) not that long ago. It was decent.

The Crow.

I want to mention End Of Days too, don't like leaving it out. Sci Fi > all

The Crow is awesome, but just that one really. The sequels were < original. I actually have the graphic novel the first one is based off and they did a really good job adapting it for film. I think I may have seen End of Days awhile ago too. Can't remember who is in it though. Thank you IMDB. I am also a big fan of sci-fi stuff. Interested in seeing the new Riddick movie? I know I am. And Gravity looks cool too. I know thats based in normal reality, but then again its in space, so I kind of put it in the Sci-Fi group.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
One flew over the cuckoo's nest or The Shawshank Redemption.

Shawshank just tells an amazing story, with great acting.

One flew is just insanely beautiful and Jack kills it.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
My fave movies are Avatar( didnt get to see it in the cinema, bought it on DVD and well i try to watch it at least once a month.
I also enjoy watching The Last Samurai( love japanese culture) and if you want a decent movie to watch, try Apocalypto. Yes its direcred by Mel Gibson and contains a lot of violence/gore but its actually a very good watch but if you dont like reading subtitles in films, this one isnt for you

Avatar was decent, but a little over rated IMO. Its basically a repackaged and sci-fi version of the Pocahantus story. The friggin effects were amazing though. I did see it in 3D in the theaters and it was cool, but loooong. I really liked The Last Samurai for the same reasons you stated. Almost like a samurai version of Last of the Mohicans. Not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I can stomach him in that movie. Pretty sure I have seen Apocalypto at least once, not remembering any of it off the top of my head though.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
One flew over the cuckoo's nest or The Shawshank Redemption.

Shawshank just tells an amazing story, with great acting.

One flew is just insanely beautiful and Jack kills it.

Oh man you got me on those two. Of course I know of Shawshank, but I don't think its one I have seen much if any. Same thing for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Reactions: Danielson

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Avatar was decent, but a little over rated IMO. Its basically a repackaged and sci-fi version of the Pocahantus story. The friggin effects were amazing though. I did see it in 3D in the theaters and it was cool, but loooong. I really liked The Last Samurai for the same reasons you stated. Almost like a samurai version of Last of the Mohicans. Not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I can stomach him in that movie. Pretty sure I have seen Apocalypto at least once, not remembering any of it off the top of my head though.
I havent seen Apocalypto in a while, might watch it tomorrow, the scene i remember the most is the main character Jaguar Paw being chased by a black jaguar, he could not kill it as it was seen as a mystical beast to them so I have read

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Definitely a good movie. Luke loses his hand in that one right? And the carbonite freeze on Han. SO awesome. I personally like the lightsaber fights in the newer movies. After watching those and seeing the old ones I noticed the difference. I'm sure they did as good as they could for the time the movie was produced though.

Of course Farooq DatAss wasn't in movies back then, but he would have made kick ass Mace Windu. :smug:

To be fair, for the originals you had a big guy in a life support suit, an old man, and a novice fighting with lightsabers, so it was all bound to be slow. It's rare though to see someone actually prefer fights in the newer movies, since all I usually hear from fans, "To many flips!" or "Not like the originals to fast!" and stuff like that. I think the newer ones were a bit more entertaining despite all these flipping stuff, just made if more fast paced and more exciting.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
To be fair, for the originals you had a big guy in a life support suit, an old man, and a novice fighting with lightsabers, so it was all bound to be slow. It's rare though to see someone actually prefer fights in the newer movies, since all I usually hear from fans, "To many flips!" or "Not like the originals to fast!" and stuff like that. I think the newer ones were a bit more entertaining despite all these flipping stuff, just made if more fast paced and more exciting.

Yeah I'm not your run of the mill Star Wars fan. I enjoy a good sword fight in movies. For example, thats a big reason I like The Princess Bride so much. That and Andre the Giant. I just like the more fast paced stuff. And Jedi can do force jumps man. Why shouldn't they do them if they can pull them off with ease? Stupid fanboy reasoning.

Last edited: