Favourite Movie?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Ok so I searched the threads and I found a "favourite horror" and "favourite Batman" movie threads,"favourite movie quotes" even, but I am looking for a discussion on your TOP favourite movie, any genre. A reason or two would be nice as well. Newer, older, whatever.

Soooooooo, I would have to say my all time favourite movie so far is Dazed and Confused. I've watched it so many times. Actually, I think I will again soon now that I am talking typing about it. I just love the characters, the quotes, the music, the friggin time period even. I wish I could have grown up in the '70s (oh, there's another thread idea). And that opening sequence to Sweet Emotion, pure gold.

Reactions: Swift

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't actually watch a lot of movies, it's just not a medium I could ever really get into but my favorite movie of all-time is probably Back To The Future Part II. Normally I'd go on a long-winded rant fully elaborating on why I love the movie so much but truth be told I don't remember it all too well to really go into detail. It's also why no Star Wars movies are in contention for me for those curious, I don't really remember the original trilogy all too well. I remember the Back To The Future series to feel confidant in ranking it as one of my all-time favorite series but I can't do the same with Star Wars so that really affects me decision.

Also, Batman: Under The Red Hood is up there for me as well and that's one I perfectly remember. I honestly wasn't going to mention it just because you mentioned there already was a Batman movie thread (I recall writing up my quick thoughts on the Nolan trilogy on here quite some time ago, assuming that was thread?) but that would be up there.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I don't actually watch a lot of movies, it's just not a medium I could ever really get into but my favorite movie of all-time is probably Back To The Future Part II. Normally I'd go on a long-winded rant fully elaborating on why I love the movie so much but truth be told I don't remember it all too well to really go into detail. It's also why no Star Wars movies are in contention for me for those curious, I don't really remember the original trilogy all too well. I remember the Back To The Future series to feel confidant in ranking it as one of my all-time favorite series but I can't do the same with Star Wars so that really affects me decision.

Also, Batman: Under The Red Hood is up there for me as well and that's one I perfectly remember. I honestly wasn't going to mention it just because you mentioned there already was a Batman movie thread (I recall writing up my quick thoughts on the Nolan trilogy on here quite some time ago, assuming that was thread?) but that would be up there.

:mog: Someone replied to my thread. I was going to ask them to delete it soon lol. So thanks.

Back to the Future Series: Great pick. I watched the hell out of those movies growing up. I was a dig Doc fan.

Star Wars: Totally a Star Wars geek as I totally know some of the "universe" outside the movies. Not my #1 though.

Under the Red Hood: Animated film right? I think I watched it on Netflix. Good flick. I love me some animated hero movies.

Reactions: Farooq

InnerSilence

The Artiste
Reaction score
I have to say, I have not seen that one, but I have heard people mention it before.

it was really good to me, not a type of movie guys will watch though. they made a part 2 and that sucked, the original cast wasn't even in it.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Star Wars Episode V is my favorite movie.

Guess it's just exciting to see the Galactic Empire getting the win after a major loss of the Death Star. Showed pretty good lightsaber combat, even if Vader had full control of the fight. Showed Yoda, a new Rebel base and the fight of Hoth, new allies, pretty cool flight battles, and just stuff like that. One of my favorite moments is an odd one, but it's when Lando betrays Han and his friends, and brings them straight to Vader. The way Han just pulls out the blaster and starts shooting Vader, it showed he didn't want no bullshit, he knew what he had to do and tried. He failed, but it showed his determination. Made me wonder...what if Lando did it as a joke, brought them to a fake guy dressed as Vader and Han opened fire at him like that :dawg:

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Star Wars Episode V is my favorite movie.

Guess it's just exciting to see the Galactic Empire getting the win after a major loss of the Death Star. Showed pretty good lightsaber combat, even if Vader had full control of the fight. Showed Yoda, a new Rebel base and the fight of Hoth, new allies, pretty cool flight battles, and just stuff like that. One of my favorite moments is an odd one, but it's when Lando betrays Han and his friends, and brings them straight to Vader. The way Han just pulls out the blaster and starts shooting Vader, it showed he didn't want no bullshit, he knew what he had to do and tried. He failed, but it showed his determination. Made me wonder...what if Lando did it as a joke, brought them to a fake guy dressed as Vader and Han opened fire at him like that :dawg:

Definitely a good movie. Luke loses his hand in that one right? And the carbonite freeze on Han. SO awesome. I personally like the lightsaber fights in the newer movies. After watching those and seeing the old ones I noticed the difference. I'm sure they did as good as they could for the time the movie was produced though.

Of course Farooq DatAss wasn't in movies back then, but he would have made kick ass Mace Windu. :smug:

Reactions: Farooq

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
For the purpose of this thread I'll say Resevoir Dogs. QT is one of my two favorite directors and this is my favorite film of his.

Reactions: Robbie Coletrain