Favorite Tv Openings?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
'Taker's Title Run Info

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The Undertaker has been told this will be the first long-term title run of his career. Vince told him he wanted to give him a long-run but needed a commitment to a full-time schedule in return. It remains to be seen just how long Undertaker can keep up the schedule as he is in need of a hip replacement. The idea of Undertaker/Batista was first pitched last August by Dusty Rhodes and Alex Greenfield. Vince approved it in September but said no decision on the finish would be made at that time, prompting many to think he wanted Batista to end the streak. In truth, Vince doesn't want the streak to end and so it probably never will.

3lions

Reaction score
A long title reign for Undertaker could be in the pipeline then. I never expected that to happen, tbh. Three months maximum was my guess. I'd love to see Edge be the one to defeat Undertaker for the title. Edge has done everything on Raw and could be the major heel SD! severly needs. This would also allow Kennedy to go to Raw. But back on topic, I doubt Undertaker will hold it too long.

Defiant One

Reaction score
i hope this is true cuz if guys like Cena, and Batista can hold titles for months and months Taker is most certainly capable of doing so. happy to hear the streak may never end as well its his legacy

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
My guess is his title run will either end at Judgment Day(which takes place May 20th) where I think a Hell in a Cell match between Batista and Undertaker might take place or at The Great American Bash(July 22)

Soulpower

He deserves it... If this is indeed Taker's last title run, then it should be the longest one of his career. The problem comes when you have tot ake the title from him... There's not a lot of wrestlers on the roster who could legitimately beat Undertaker in a one-on-one match, so whoever beats him will probably do it through nefarious means.

And I agree with 3Lions, Edge should go to SD and feud with Taker, that would be a bonafide money feud and it adds another heel to the SD roster.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
Taker deserves the title. i hope he holds the title for a long time

The Ripper

Reaction score
There's not a lot of wrestlers on the roster who could legitimately beat Undertaker in a one-on-one match, so whoever beats him will probably do it through nefarious means.

If he indeeds have a long title run they have time to build up many characters or indeed bring in new people so he could lose it in a legitimate match

Defiant One

Reaction score
yeah thats true if all this is true they will have time to build up other guys, not to mention Kennedy is still on Smackdown for the moment anyway. And even so the trade is still to come this year.

xtremebadass

bout time, his last title run was only a month, and his title reigns were never lengthy, so it's about time the deadman has a major title run before he retires

Starsky

Reaction score
Yeah i agree, he definitely deserves it.
JBL of all people has been kinda planting the seeds for a long term run with him continually putting over in his commentary how no-one can beat him and how "he can hold the title for as long as he wants" etc.

Beer Money Army

he deserves a long title reign. His longest his 1997 on when went for 5 months... i hope this one goes for 10-12 months or longer :).

taker is the bomb...

the dark knight

1 of these things MUST happen :

A. taker holds the title till WM and lose it there
B. taker holds the title till WM , win there then leave the belt and retire (like we expected in last WM )
C. taker loses the title at armageddon or sumthin then regains it at mania and option B happens .

Great One

Sweet, but they need to switch up his gimmick a little, so he actually talk on the mic normally...